: Anyone thinking about a 2008

RANGER 66
06-21-07, 03:29 AM
I am thinking about taking the plunge and trading the 2005 in for a 2008. I got a email from a dealer in the midwest who is almost ready to take orders. With that being said anyone else looking to get a 2008? If so what info have you recieved? (pricing, delivery time, etc)

I might be asking a silly question, but has anyone ever heard of a group buy on a car??????

RLTW

mike_1103
06-21-07, 06:43 AM
Hi guys,

First post here since I do not own a SRX yet.

I have a 2008 SRX V6 on order. According to the dealer, it will be built on July 16th and it should be delivered up north here in Canada about 3 - 4 weeks later.

I'm really looking forward to let go my Chevy Equinox and trade it for the SRX!

As far as the price is concerned, I have no details yet. However, since the car will be leased, I expect my monthly payments to be close to a late 2007 model since the price will likely go up, but the residual value usually follows at the beginning of the model-year.

I never heard of a "group buy" for cars, but there are association "rebates" out there. An example: I work for Bell Canada. As an employee, I'm entitled to different rebates or incentives depending with which manufacturer I deal. With Ford, we get cost + 4% or something like that. With GM, we have access to a "reduced" price or something like that. I didn,t use these programs but I would qualify them as "group buys".

Let us know if you decide to take the plunge!

BMBLBEE
06-21-07, 07:19 AM
I will be very interested to see Canadian prices for the 2008 models. There was a VERY big spread in 2007 pricing resulting in our purchse of our used 2007 in the US. Could not afford the Canadian price even with the 15% discount from MSRP the dealer offered.

mike_1103
06-21-07, 07:37 AM
I'll let you know as soon as I see them.

airbalancer
06-24-07, 07:07 AM
I will be very interested to see Canadian prices for the 2008 models. There was a VERY big spread in 2007 pricing resulting in our purchse of our used 2007 in the US. Could not afford the Canadian price even with the 15% discount from MSRP the dealer offered.

Did they have to do much to get to pass the Canadian standards?
What was cost like compared to buying in Canada?
DO you still are the maintence and warrenty?