: The new STS has arrived...

Vesicant
04-07-04, 05:46 PM
It came to the autoshow in NY (no i dont live there) today , and heres the link describing the car in-depth like any other car on Cadillac.com

Its not even listed, and I just happened to stumble upon it while looking at the regular Seville

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/models/gallery.jsp?model=sts

Cool features: Intellibeam, turns high beams on when no other cars detected and automatically turns them off when headlights/tailights are detected. Also, it has unique filtering technology that makes it better by "ignoring" other ambient light sources?! Remote start from the factory (04 malibu was the first to have this, now STS is second). Keyless access, voice activation and push button start. Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise Control (monitors cars around you and road conditions - it controls so much its like a friggen auto pilot). A simmular bose sound system from the XLR - 5.1 Surround!

And the interior, man the wood furnishings look good!

Sounds like they did the job to compete with the others...

BeelzeBob
04-07-04, 06:02 PM
So when do we move our current Seville/Eldorado section down into the "Past Cadillac" area and start using the new STS section as the current model? When's it going on sale?

Vesicant
04-07-04, 07:04 PM
Thats the only thing i dont know, there were suppose to be video of its revealing and that might have given explination, but they are not up yet :bighead: .

Brett
04-07-04, 07:53 PM
The STS will be available in dealerships this fall.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10989

:p

Vesicant
04-07-04, 07:57 PM
Meh :disappoin

Msilva954
04-07-04, 09:20 PM
Im actually starting to like it now, and starting at::::::::$40,995....not bad, im hoping it starts out being a topped out CTS. So you could be getting a deal cuz they top out at like 45k

XLRvman
04-08-04, 12:29 AM
TAKE A LOOK GENTS IT LOOKS GREAT
http://feedroom.speedera.net/cadillacsts.feedroom.com/main.html

JLaws
04-08-04, 09:39 AM
Gees If you look at the pic on the cadillac.com site and flip back and forth to the old and new STS, the old one looks so out dated. The new one has grown on me so much that I'd buy it if I had $55K to spend on a car. The options on this car rivals all car at or above it's class. Can't wait till Motor Trend and Car annd Driver reviews this car. It just might make car of the year or definately be nominated.

cadillacchromer
04-08-04, 10:14 AM
I dont like it

Bigshot
04-08-04, 11:41 AM
I like it but would be PISSED when everyone asks if it is a CTS. What is wrong with the rear of the car.....not a single pic of it anywhere? Maybe i'll consider it in 3 years because like all caddy's it will depreciate by 60+% by 35,000 miles. But by then I will be able o buy a used 255hp Mercedes E-class turbo-diesel for a few bucks more.

Brett
04-08-04, 11:47 AM
I like it but would be PISSED when everyone asks if it is a CTS. What is wrong with the rear of the car.....not a single pic of it anywhere? Maybe i'll consider it in 3 years because like all caddy's it will depreciate by 60+% by 35,000 miles. But by then I will be able o buy a used 255hp Mercedes E-class turbo-diesel for a few bucks more.

rear shots

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10837

dont be so sure about the resale, the CTS is holding well. the deville/seville are the resale duds.

BeelzeBob
04-08-04, 05:00 PM
Starting at $40k for the v6, huh? With gas prices soaring lately - this sounds like a good deal...

Vesicant
04-08-04, 06:04 PM
It has real wood trimmed interior !!!!I like it... *the car, that is*

ktills45
04-08-04, 06:42 PM
That's a nicely done car, but why does Caddy always display them in silver? Seems that the blue one in the one picture I saw would be more eye catching. Anyway, :bouncy:

and hope to raise the funds.

Pete03Z06
04-08-04, 08:18 PM
I agree, the darker colors are more flattering with these new Caddies. The others seem rather bland, not contrasting with the grille or lights at all.

Playdrv4me
04-09-04, 01:11 AM
I like the advanced features, I still dont like the exterior much.

devillain00
04-09-04, 09:03 PM
hey i think i had "intellibeam" on my 85 fleetwood. haha but really i flipped a switch and they would go on when no cars, off when a car came, but off with white street lights and such. maybe my lights were just jacked huh
Peace