Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  77CDV 
#1 ·
My father is so pleased with his "new" 2004 Deville that he offered me his "old" 1998 Eldorado for free. It's in great shape; he took very good care of it. Here's the issue: I haven't the room or the use for another Cadillac. What would you rather have, a 1993 Fleetwood with 172,000 miles or a 1998 Eldorado with 99,000 miles?

#2 ·
93 Fleet, you don't have the LT1, which is something I love about my Fleetwood. That's a tough question. Things to consider, the Fleetwood is a big sedan, means a lot of cargo capacity, seating for 6, good for a big family. The Eldorado is newer, fancier, and faster which is fine for a single guy, or a couple. Unless you have the needs for a lot of cargo. As a upcoming married man, with plans on a family, a Fleetwood is more useful to me. I also happen to have the LT1 which makes mine pretty quick. The Eldorado is worth more money, but, I must say, the Northstar of those years is not as tough as I'd like it to be. Go roam the Eldo/Seville forums and see how many technical problems people have. If you're on a small budget, the cheaper repairs on the Fleetwood may be something else to consider.

#3 ·
Eldorado hands down. The 1993 Fleetwood was an odd ball vehicle with the L05 motor in the new body. With the high mileage, it is also going to need some repairs.

If you know the history of the Eldo, go for it. It will be more fun and easier to drive.

#6 ·
I'd take the Eldorado as well.. As mentioned above, 94-96 Fleetwood would probably get my vote - but as is, take the Eldorado. I had a 95 touring coupe and the only trouble in my couple of years ownership was a leaking rear main seal. It was an expensive job but done under warranty.. I also needed a rear main seal in my 95 Fleetwood Brougham...

#8 ·
Depends. Do you want a smaller, quicker, more technically advanced Caddy or a big cushy classic-style Caddy? That's a call only you can make. I love my ETC, but I do admire the last gen RWD Fleetwood. No, yours doesn't have the hi-po motor, but so what? That's not what the Fleetwood is about anyway, and the 185hp engine will do the job just fine for what the car was meant to do. Either way, you really can't loose. Good luck.

Craig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.