: Made in U.S.A. Bathtowels? Who'da thunk it.

Spyder
06-19-07, 05:27 PM
So I spent over an hour yesterday searching various local stores for a goddamned bathtowel brand that was made in the US. Lots of Chinese ones and Wal-Mart has a bunch made in Pakistan that I threw down with a quickness...Finally found some nine dollar friggin towels at Wally World that are made here.

They ARE much nicer than the others I looked at, but nine bucks seems kinda high for a friggin towel.

Oh well.

:usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Benzilla
06-19-07, 05:28 PM
You get points!

pabstcadillac
06-19-07, 06:10 PM
WTG! USA homer points. :alchi:

Stoneage_Caddy
06-19-07, 06:58 PM
its rare nowadays to find anything textile thats made over here .....

Rolex
06-19-07, 07:40 PM
You may be drying your ass with cotton grown in my hometown. http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif (javascript:insertText('[BD]');)

Jesda
06-19-07, 07:55 PM
I recently bought socks at Wal-Mart that were made in the US, AND they were the CHEAPEST!

rblimas
06-19-07, 11:06 PM
thats funny i only buy mexican made stuff LOL

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-19-07, 11:11 PM
You can buy american things at Walmart? And what the hell is Wally World?

Spyder
06-19-07, 11:26 PM
Wally World = Wal-Mart. And yea, you can get USA Made, just difficult to find.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-19-07, 11:34 PM
Ohh ok, you kinda threw me off by mentioning walmart then saying Wally World in the same line.

Night Wolf
06-20-07, 07:06 AM
Wal Mart used to be proud of offering everything made in USA....

man, when i see something made in USA today..... it really surprises me.

Jesda
06-20-07, 07:24 AM
GM owes Wal-Mart a huge thanks for making the Chinese auto market what it is.

sonjaab
06-20-07, 11:08 PM
AMEN for the effort to even find ANY US made textile goods!!!!

I own a motel operation and buy LOTS of sheets, towels , etc!
It is near impossible to find USA made stuff at any price !!!
Most is US materials assembled in a 3rd world country...........

I did luck out the other day and found some no name brand
quarter socks that were USA made at Dollar General............:bouncy:

FL01SS
06-21-07, 01:59 PM
You can buy american things at Walmart?

One of my college professors always referred to Wal-Mart as "The Local Import Shop" since you can go there and buy things from all over the world.

Spyder
06-21-07, 04:29 PM
Yea...the tags said Made in USA but its "Egyptian Cotton." Not sure if that's a style or if its actually from Egypt, but it was the best I could find. I was happy.

I got pissed at some people from work just yesterday. I told them the same story and they asked what the hell was wrong with me, why didn't I just buy the cheap and quick ones... I ranted for a bit and now I think they think I'm crazy.

pabstcadillac
06-21-07, 05:31 PM
[QUOTE=Spyder;1121222
I got pissed at some people from work just yesterday. I told them the same story and they asked what the hell was wrong with me, why didn't I just buy the cheap and quick ones... I ranted for a bit and now I think they think I'm crazy.[/QUOTE]

Feel free to tell them to hop in their Toyota's, Honda's & Nissan's and to drive them off a pier w/o worrying about getting out. :alchi:

DILLIGAF
06-21-07, 10:05 PM
U.S. cotton is the best!Always has been.

Wiseguy2
06-21-07, 10:50 PM
Ha!

Well done Spyder, but who remembers back in the early 90s when Wal-Mart made a big deal about "bringing it home to the USA"?

F that company, seriously.

DILLIGAF
06-21-07, 11:02 PM
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=TOWELS&Store_Code=Z

Well,heres my reason for buying nice 100% U.S. made cotton towels.

Spyder
06-21-07, 11:33 PM
Ha!

Well done Spyder, but who remembers back in the early 90s when Wal-Mart made a big deal about "bringing it home to the USA"?

F that company, seriously.

They WERE the last of a few places that I went...I try to buy other places first, but if I'm gonna save a hundred bucks on a shopping trip, I'm gonna end up at wally world. I don't make enough money yet to be THAT selective. I keep it in the US as much as possible, and buy local when I can...but I can only afford so much.