: Kayakin' down the Yuba!

Spyder
06-19-07, 01:22 AM
Yesterday I spent 8 hours on the water. Went about 20+ miles. 35 or so miles by truck, not sure what it is on the water.

Just west of Grass Valley to downtown Marysville. Crap almighty, it was a long day. Not nearly as sore as I thought I would be, although I dread hauling my lazy out of shape ass out of bed in the morning. :)

Good fun. I look forward to doing it again.

I'm going to have to find some aerial pictures of the river, along with a map. It's a pretty awesome ride...only have to get out once to walk for about eight minutes around a submerged damn that is a twenty or so foot drop. I'm not that good on a boat. :)

I pick my mountain bike up tomorrow, totally rebuilt and retuned.

I've got a four wheel drive truck, a good mountain bike, a pair of kayaks and two AR-15's. It's going to be a goooooood summer.:highfive:

TagApl4
06-19-07, 08:03 AM
Can I come over and play :bouncy:

dkozloski
06-19-07, 11:06 AM
Wait until you try an Eskimo roll in the Beaufort Sea.

Spyder
06-19-07, 12:06 PM
Hahaha...weird. I had sushi for lunch yesterday. Eskimo roll sounds bad.

:)

dkozloski
06-19-07, 12:13 PM
http://www.schools.ash.org.au/daptohigh/eskimoroll.htm
Sushi is Japanese cuisine.

Spyder
06-19-07, 12:22 PM
Ahhh, I see! Mine aren't the "sit down inside" kind but rather the sit on top ones. Great for long distances and high surf but not as maneuverable as those. Good fun. :)

JC316
06-19-07, 11:56 PM
I kayak at Lake Murray in Ardmore, OK every year. I am in great shape and it kicks my ass. Of course, I don't have any currents pulling me along.