: Autopacific names Cadillac top brand

HotRodSaint
05-02-03, 09:14 AM
AUTOPACIFIC NAMES '03 VSS WINNERS

AutoPacific's annual Vehicle Satisfaction Score study has once again named Cadillac its top brand. The brand, which shared the VSS award with Lexus in 2002 and won outright in 2001, registers the highest overall owner satisfaction in the consulting firm's survey. Among individual vehicles, the Lexus LS 430 is the highest rated passenger car and the Cadillac Escalade EXT, the highest rated truck. Nissan's Murano also garnered a special award because of its exceptionally high score in its first year of production. The awards were given as follows:

BRAND: Cadillac

PASSENGER CARS:

Premium Luxury Car Lexus LS 430

Contemporary Luxury Car Acura TL

American Luxury Car Cadillac DeVille (repeat winner)

Premium Mid-Size Car Honda Accord (sedan and coupe)

Standard Mid-Size Car Mazda6

Compact Car Hyundai Elantra (tied)

Volkswagen New Beetle (tied) (repeat winner)

Sports Car Lexus SC430 (repeat winner)

Sporty Car Acura RSX

LIGHT TRUCKS:

Large Light-Duty Pickup Toyota Tundra

Large Heavy-Duty Pickup Ford F-Series Super Duty

Large 4-Dooor Pickup/SUT Cadillac Escalade EXT

Compact Pickup Toyota Tacoma

Compact 4-Door Pickup/SUT Ford Explorer Sport Trac

Luxury Sport Utility Lincoln Navigator

Large Sport Utility Ford Excursion (repeat winner)

Premium Mid-Size Sport Utility GMC Envoy

Standard Mid-Size Sport Utility Kia Sorento

Compact Sport Utility Honda CR-V Minivan Honda Odyssey

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT: Nissan Murano

elwesso
05-02-03, 04:31 PM
Cadillac is definitely making strides in the right direction.

BeelzeBob
05-02-03, 11:07 PM
Wait a minute... Isn't the Cadillac DeVille a premium luxury car? I guess if AutoPacific didn't have the "American" luxury car award, Cadillac DeVille wouldn't be on that list.. Right?

Devil_concours
05-03-03, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Sal Collaziano
Wait a minute... Isn't the Cadillac DeVille a premium luxury car? I guess if AutoPacific didn't have the "American" luxury car award, Cadillac DeVille wouldn't be on that list.. Right?

I agree. I think they were little biased towards domestic brands.

elwesso
05-03-03, 12:41 AM
About the only magazine that is....

BeelzeBob
05-03-03, 01:39 AM
Right. The Lexus GS430 won the Premium Luxury Car award - but so did the Cadillac DeVille - the "American" Premium Luxury Car award.. heh

Who the hell else was going to win the American Premium Luxury Car award? Lincoln? :histeric:

I wonder which luxury car company would win The Ultimate Cadillac Award.. Would somebody like to take a guess?

HotRodSaint
05-03-03, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Sal Collaziano

"Among individual vehicles, the Lexus LS 430 is the highest rated passenger car and the Cadillac Escalade EXT, the highest rated truck."

At least Cadillac actually makes the best trucks!

BTW Autopacifica isn't a magazine. It's a firm that tallies owner surveys to find the top vehicle. So it's more of an accurate gauge of real public experience with the brands.

Katshot
05-03-03, 09:31 AM
"American Luxury Car". Wow, I'm impressed, the Deville beat out the Town car ;)

And as for the EXT saying something about Cadillac, how do you figure. It's just a semi-dressed up Chevy Avalanche. I would've been impressed if the CTS had garnered the same type of award that the Murano did.

HotRodSaint
05-03-03, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Katshot
And as for the EXT saying something about Cadillac, how do you figure. It's just a semi-dressed up Chevy Avalanche.

That was sarcasm. As in they don't make the best car's but Chevy supplies them with the best trucks.

Katshot
05-03-03, 06:04 PM
Sorry, I guess I missed that one. I don't know HOW I could've missed your intention with this statement;

"At least Cadillac actually makes the best trucks!"

I'll have to be more careful next time ;)

kcnewell
05-03-03, 07:57 PM
I got it! And I was laughing about it for the better part of the day!Subtle sarcasm........Too good!

BeelzeBob
05-04-03, 01:37 AM
The one thing that sucks about message boards is you can never really tell what someone is meaning - or whether or not they're being serious or otherwise..

Anyway... Now that that's cleared up...

It certainly would be nice to see the CTS getting some real awards. I have a feeling it will - give it time.. I think Cadillac is going to put their best foot forward with the CTS... I have a feeling it'll be their most reliable vehicle..

HotRodSaint
05-04-03, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Katshot
Sorry, I guess I missed that one. I don't know HOW I could've missed your intention with this statement;

I'll have to be more careful next time ;)

Since they don't actually make them, then the sentence is either false or sarcasm.

But beyond the obvious;

Who do they compete with in the truck market? Lincoln has dropped the Blackwood. So who else makes a luxury truck?

Now do you get it?

Katshot
05-04-03, 09:25 AM
Now who can't pick-up on sarcasm? ;)

BTW, there IS always the possibility that you thought Cadillac DID make the truck.

Devil_concours
05-04-03, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by HotRodSaint

Since they don't actually make them, then the sentence is either false or sarcasm.

But beyond the obvious;

Who do they compete with in the truck market? Lincoln has dropped the Blackwood. So who else makes a luxury truck?

Now do you get it?

"Large 4-Dooor Pickup/SUT Cadillac Escalade EXT"
it didn't say luxury truck which means it competes with F250/F350, silverado 2500/3500, ram 1500/2500/3500, and of course avalanche.