: Finally got my 24" Giovanna Caracas and 2-3 Drop

memphisstylee
06-17-07, 09:25 PM
Well I finally broke down and dropped the money to get some new rims for the lade. I ended up going with 24" Giovanna Caracas with the solid black caps. I also got a Mcgaughys 2-3 deluxe drop installed. What do you guys think?
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/memphisstylee/24%20inches%20strong/P61700131.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/memphisstylee/24%20inches%20strong/P61700411.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/memphisstylee/24%20inches%20strong/P61700351.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/memphisstylee/24%20inches%20strong/P61700431.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/memphisstylee/24%20inches%20strong/P61700391.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/memphisstylee/24%20inches%20strong/P61700151.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/memphisstylee/24%20inches%20strong/P6170074.jpg

and on this one, I switched the DTR and blinker. I thought it looked pretty sweet and i'd never seen anyone else do it.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/memphisstylee/24%20inches%20strong/P61700371.jpg

cadymon
06-17-07, 10:13 PM
looks bad ass

gforceext
06-17-07, 10:56 PM
Nice!

Synergetic
06-17-07, 10:57 PM
Nice work. Looks great.

Ray24
06-17-07, 11:05 PM
Nice! Black on black look great.

dray4life
06-17-07, 11:05 PM
Nice and different

DLE
06-18-07, 10:26 AM
Wow, your truck is badass. :thumbsup:

hcvone
06-18-07, 11:05 AM
Looks very nice, just can not say if I like the wheels better with or without the covers on them, but either way looks great. :)

gforceext
06-18-07, 05:39 PM
I think the caracas look best chrome. The black covers look sporty and the chrome is pimpin!! Thats the good thing about those rims. Some people even think I have two sets.

memphisstylee
06-18-07, 06:17 PM
Yeah thats one thing that really sold me on the Caracas. Some days ill drive it without the caps and others ill drive it with the caps. either way I really like them.

ourcaddy
06-18-07, 06:54 PM
looking good...

Black Beauty 03 ESV
06-18-07, 11:05 PM
Very Very nice

gforceext
06-19-07, 11:25 AM
Try one side of the truck black the other chrome.

SnoCat
06-19-07, 02:20 PM
I'm diggin the liscense plate. Once a brother, always a brother...the ride's nice, too!

PhiNally
06-19-07, 06:17 PM
Sick nasty, those are my favorite rims and I love how you have blacked everything out, it looks great. Who did your taillights they look really nice and really dark?

memphisstylee
06-20-07, 03:19 AM
Thanks guys. Yeah I figured since im a very active member of my fraternity when it comes to rushing guys and attracting new members that id have a license plate made that would match my truck and represent my fraternity. As for the tail lights, I knew a guy that knew a guy that owned a body shop and he sprayed my taillights for a $50. Even as dark as they are, they still light up very well even during the day.

gforceext
06-20-07, 01:38 PM
We need to find a better wrench for removal of the caps, no?

medlines
06-20-07, 05:11 PM
I had a freind do a special key tool to take the bolt screws off easilly, cause I couldn't find a 10 teeth tool to do that. and it works good now .

memphisstylee
06-20-07, 05:24 PM
Giovanna actually screwed up and sent the wrong screws for my caps(they sent me more of the same size screws that I took off the rims). But the tool they sent me was pretty nice, it was a nice t-handle wrench. So I had to end up going to a hardware store to screws to make them work for the toime being. This happen to anyone else?

Synergetic
06-20-07, 05:41 PM
Giovanna actually screwed up and sent the wrong screws for my caps(they sent me more of the same size screws that I took off the rims). But the tool they sent me was pretty nice, it was a nice t-handle wrench. So I had to end up going to a hardware store to screws to make them work for the toime being. This happen to anyone else?

From what I've heard just on these forums, Giovanna has been making a lot of these kind of mistakes.

memphisstylee
06-21-07, 12:41 AM
Yeah, I keep forgetting to call Giovanna. But the screws they sent me were barely 2 threads longer than the stocks ones and I needed ones that were nearly twice that length. Ill try and call them tomorrow and see what they say about this. Does anyone know where I can get some good caplocks or security screws for my rims?

Escolade
06-21-07, 06:00 PM
That thing looks nasty!! Nice job. Not so sure about the greek liscence plate though.

blackcaddy2000
06-22-07, 12:12 AM
sick escalade

blackcaddy2000
06-22-07, 12:12 AM
sick rims too

blackcaddy2000
06-22-07, 12:13 AM
lovin the blacked out look

medlines
06-22-07, 06:36 PM
I was looking close to the caps, I do not see the Giovanna chrome writing on those caps, did you take the chrome word out or you didn't have it at all.
Mine does.

99esteees
06-22-07, 06:39 PM
I was looking close to the caps, I do not see the Giovanna chrome writing on those caps, di you take the chrome word or you didn't have them at all.
Mine does.

Look a bit closer, you can see it on there.

memphisstylee
06-22-07, 06:49 PM
Actually, I did take them off. They were just some cheap stick-on logos and I thought it kinda took away from the classiness/cleanliness. I was kinda disappointed with them so I took them off and I couldnt be happier with them now. I mean it already said Giovanna on the center cap and on the rim itself, so why do I need it again on the spoke. anyone else agree?

medlines
06-22-07, 07:32 PM
I kinda like the logo on the cap side and If I wanted to remove it, I can't since it is encrusted in the plastic not a stick on logo.

memphisstylee
06-22-07, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I wouldve probably liked the logo on the cap more if it wasnt just a stick on. Oh well, both look awesome but the stick on just wasnt doing it for me.

medlines
06-23-07, 09:07 AM
Most deffinetly , if mine was a stick on I would have done the same thing as you.
Your truck is awesome, all black.

2007 ESCALADE
06-23-07, 10:08 AM
Giovanna quality control is absolute sh-t service they dont care about any of there customers after they sold the product i waited for a extra rim it took them 9 months to get one extra and also the black plastic caps were melting down form the heat and the screws for your caps will be to short or way to long i had to have my machine shop cut down the screws so they werent to long ask any other wheel company out in cali about them/owner rep its no good wtwcorp dba as giovanna/gfg/gracing/gianelle/double G many wholesale dist will not do any business with them buyer beware good luck with any warranty people have had many very bad experences with them.

gforceext
06-23-07, 08:20 PM
Are you saying that the sags that are developing on my caps is the cap MELTING?

memphisstylee
06-23-07, 08:46 PM
yeah now that I looked at the cap a little bit closer after washing it today, it looks like my caps on the front wheels are melting/melted on one of the spokes. I have even had them for a week! What the hell? Love the rims but im very disappointed in the quality at this point.

2007 ESCALADE
06-24-07, 10:43 AM
yep try to warranty them ya right it so called your fault thats what they will say

memphisstylee
06-27-07, 02:01 AM
So far im beginning to agree to 2007 ESCALADE. Ive called Giovanna(WTW Corp) several times and written several emails about my melting caps and im yet to get a single returned phone call or email. Am I just going to have to buy new caps?

Synergetic
06-27-07, 02:52 AM
Horrible... sorry to hear about your bad experiences.

By the way, I wouldn't waste your money buying new caps. Its not your fault they melted. Your the customer who payed them for the product. If they won't send out new caps, then I would probably put that money towards a new set of wheels from a reliable company and report them to the BBB.

fast66
06-27-07, 03:22 AM
Horrible... sorry to hear about your bad experiences.

By the way, I wouldn't waste your money buying new caps. Its not your fault they melted. Your the customer who payed them for the product. If they won't send out new caps, then I would probably put that money towards a new set of wheels from a reliable company and report them to the BBB.

:yeah:

report em to the bbb

hal72
06-27-07, 03:34 AM
I must say this is one of the best "custom" lade I have seen. very very nice!!Where did you get the emblems!?

medlines
06-27-07, 08:17 AM
Last year in October when I bought my Truck and the rims, the owner of the wheel shop didn't give me the caps , saying that Giovanna has had problems with melting caps, so they informed him to wait till they solve this problem.
after like 4 months he called me that the problem was solved and he is going to get the caps soon and like in a week he shipped the caps to me and no problems.
Maybe you have the old ones and that is why your Giovanna spoke emblem was a stick on one , but mine is encrusted in the spoke not a stick on, I wonderrr........

memphisstylee
06-27-07, 02:48 PM
Yeah, if Giovanna doesn't at least talk to me or write back within a week then the BBB will be receiving a call and a letter from me about WTW Corp. Does anyone know whether or not the caps I have are the new ones or the old ones?

I must say this is one of the best "custom" lade I have seen. very very nice!!Where did you get the emblems!?

Thanks. I actually did the emblems myself. I took the emblems off the car, masked them off, painted the colored part of the crest black, and then I had some chrome vinyl Z's made to fit.

2007 ESCALADE
06-28-07, 09:07 AM
good luck old workers have thaken them to the labor board there bbb is s-it the owner has a very big ego many many very pissed off customers out there and former employes he treates everone like s_it buy our product from the wtw corp /giovanna/gfg/doubleg/gracing/ we will send you the wrong screws caps will melt chrome will flake off rims will come w damage in the chrome we dont care about our reputation its all ready very bad in cali and many distrbutors around the country will not carry there bulls-it junk stuff.

fast66
06-28-07, 12:38 PM
good luck old workers have thaken them to the labor board there bbb is s-it the owner has a very big ego many many very pissed off customers out there and former employes he treates everone like s_it buy our product from the wtw corp /giovanna/gfg/doubleg/gracing/ we will send you the wrong screws caps will melt chrome will flake off rims will come w damage in the chrome we dont care about our reputation its all ready very bad in cali and many distrbutors around the country will not carry there bulls-it junk stuff.

I think you have some truth to that...ive met the owner...some old lebanese/armenian guy.

kinda seemed like he was full of himself and his company.

Synergetic
06-28-07, 02:34 PM

Did you hold onto your Giovanna rims? Or did you pick up a different set?

I agree fully on the comments about Giovanna. You can't expect much from a company that sells China made products. Thats all they are, a distributor of their own product looking to get quick cash backed by an unreliable commitment. They can't send you a fixed wheel, because its just going to break again. They can't send you new caps, because they will just melt again. They can't send you the right size screws, because they are too unorganized to know what size fits what. Their brand, customer service, products.....it all sucks and won't be much longer till the remaining of their customers and potential buyers realize this.

I've spent years in this industry and have seen it all. There are too many wheel companies flooding the industry that are doing the same exact thing. Giovanna isn't the first, but from what I've heard, one of the worst.

2007 ESCALADE
06-28-07, 04:37 PM
anyone had any luck ordering 1 wheel u cant get just one they play games with customers/dist if you get 1 it will be a blem no should by customer there stuff no after sale service from them period.

DubzRollerCTS
07-02-07, 10:54 AM
nice man i like that.

memphisstylee
07-12-07, 09:49 PM
well, I finally got Giovanna to agree to exchange the melting caps. I went back to the shop that sold the rims to me and within 2 hours, Giovanna said they would exchange the caps. I left the caps at the shop and I should get the new ones as soon as they come in. finally...

2007 ESCALADE
07-13-07, 06:32 PM
good luck may wait many months for new ones

alex dubai
07-19-07, 07:25 AM
looks so undercover agent!! Nice