: Buying a new CTS

KSCaddyman
05-01-03, 11:26 PM
I've been driving German cars for 20 years but just can't stomach their attitude in regard to the US and am trading in my 2002 Audi for a new CTS which should be here in two weeks. I think all Americans should consider abolishing all purchases of French and German products.

kcnewell
05-02-03, 01:23 AM
I heartily agree! And welcome to the forums!

Ralph
05-02-03, 03:13 AM
Welcome Dude. I think German cars are overrated, my aunt has a 735i, and lots of trouble with it.

HotRodSaint
05-02-03, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by KSCaddyman
I've been driving German cars for 20 years but just can't stomach their attitude in regard to the US and am trading in my 2002 Audi for a new CTS which should be here in two weeks. I think all Americans should consider abolishing all purchases of French and German products.

What French products? :D

elwesso
05-02-03, 05:36 PM
Welcome! I also am not a fan of german cars, they would be something I would like to have for a day or so, and then give it back so someone else can mess with their problems.

BeelzeBob
05-02-03, 11:59 PM
Welcome aboard, KSCaddyman! And thank you for signing up.. I'm not a big fan of most German cars.. They're very hard inside - although my best friend just bought a 530 and it seems more plush than his 528 for some reason.. But, for the most part - the interiors just don't seem cozy... I think the new CTS is a pretty nice car - especially if you get a wood grain kit. :) I have a feeling they're going to be the most reliable Cadillac for some reason...

Allante North *
05-03-03, 11:29 AM
Welcome!

Good luck with your CTS purchase. Many folks do not like them, but I do. I have tried to steer my wife towards one, but she has not warmed up to them YET. I will keep working on her.

Again, Welcome and I look forward to seeing some pictures of your new CTS.

Don

Katshot
05-03-03, 07:27 PM
Welcome aboard,
Not that I'm agreeing with KC or anything, but I'm with you on the German car thing. Love the cars, hate the interiors. They just seem so cold and stark. If that's what American luxury cars are trying to imitate, I wish they'd stop trying because if they ever get it completely right, they'll alienate a lot of Americans.

That said, I WOULD take a M5 any day of the week ;)

elwesso
05-04-03, 01:05 AM
Yes I would also, but....

You thought cadillacs were problem stricken, get yourself a 88-90 750iL and you better hope you have pleanty of money to keep it together.

catbert
05-10-03, 09:48 PM
You will love the CTS. I've had one almost a year, and it hasn't been back to the dealer since I picked it up. Mine's dark blue with the Luxury Sports package that includes the 17 inch polished wheels. I think it looks sharp, and it get lot's of positive comments. It takes a good 4,000 miles for the engine to break in and start performing, but after the break in period, it flies for a 3.2 litre.

And yesterday the CTS J D Powers named it as highest in original customer satisfaction in it's class along with a Lexus and a MB model.

Lot's of bang for the buck, and excellent Cadillac service including free pick up/delivery, limo or free Caddy loaner - your choice.

Good luck!:worship:

BeelzeBob
05-11-03, 11:22 AM
Great news! Maybe you should write up a review of the CTS in the CTS section. It's nice to see more positive feedback on this model. I have a feeling the CTS is going to be a great success...

And I'm glad to hear you're getting such great dealer service. I had the same...