: I am new, looking for some advice.

lilmomma25
06-16-07, 01:23 PM
Hello all..... I am new to the site. I am in the market now for a 2005-2005 Escalade. I am thinking of getting the one I looked at yesterday, tell me what ya think.................
It is a 2004, has all options EXCEPT DVD, no biggie though... It only has 29,000 miles. It ran great! Hubby said that the engine and mechanics part of it was great..... The price was $32,587 and they gave $10,000 trade in on my minivan.... So, my loan will only be for actually $22,587 and they said they would throw in the extended warranty for free... Yep, I had 2 dealerships fighting to sell me the exact same Escalade... I will have to write ya all later and explain that scenario cause you won't believe it... I got caught up in a cat and mouse game I think.... I think I won... I think from all the research I have done this is quite the deal... Am I right????
Any and all input you can give would be greatly appreciated... THANKS!!!

lilmomma25
06-16-07, 11:39 PM
Can anyone help me with any information on the 2004? Do they run great? Any known problems? Things to look for?

Max-Q
06-17-07, 12:50 AM
From another thread on the same subject:

Well thats one way to look at it. The truth is if youre used to the MYRIAD of problems with the K body cars (Deville and Seville), then the escalade will be a WALK IN THE PARK... No head gaskets, no ridiculous A/C problems, no oil leaks etc etc.

The key trouble spots on these are differentials (primarily the front diff), transfer case, and transmission. Those are the most costly COMMON problems. So make sure when you drive it that there no unusual whining, grinding, growling or whistling noises coming from the front or rear of the truck. Everything else is common used car things... make sure the services are all up to date and then just check all the electricals, press all the buttons and make sure everything is functional.

I personally would not purchase one with over about 60k miles and DEFINITELY try to get an extended warranty if you can. If youre willing to pay a little bit more then you might want to go with a Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) directly from the Cadillac dealership. This will come with a 6yr 100k mile warranty so youll have nothing to worry about.

No years are "worse" than others, though personally I would get a 2003 or newer, as the 03's have several refinements/changes over the 02 model including Xenon headlights, redesigned steering wheel and controls, improved and updated radio, updated window controls, and a more comprehensive information center that is easier to read at the bottom of the IP. More importantly, most 03's have Digital compatible Onstar where 02's do not.

lilmomma25
06-17-07, 02:27 AM
Thank you very much... Very helpful. The dealership actually gave me the extended warranty to the 100,000 miles included free of charge... We test drove it today... It all worked out great!!! I am sooo looking forward to getting outta my minivan and into pure luxury..... YES!YES!YES! I am soooo excited. The Escalade was in immaculate condition. OMG! It was beautiful!

Playdrv4me
06-17-07, 02:45 AM
Max-Q took the words right out of my mouth... LITERALLY! LOL ;)

What kind of minivan did you have and how many miles were on it? The price sounds a bit high if this wasnt a Cadillac dealership, if it *WAS* a Cadillac dealer then the Certified Warranty isnt an extra, its part of the truck being Certified, which goes into the higher price. I guess the main point here is how much they gave you for the van... if you got alot for the van then the purchase price isnt such a big deal, but just for comparison... I paid 22000 for my 2003 with 44k miles though mine was not certified, was not from a Cadillac dealer and it did have some issues... still, thats a 10000.00 difference right there, which is basically what they gave you for your van.

Regardless of the price, I think youll enjoy the new ride, I firmly believe the 2002-06 Escalades are one of the best GM products in the past 30 years. The entire GMT800 truck line for that matter.

Max-Q
06-17-07, 02:20 PM
You definetely need to dump the minivan :thumbsup: You will absolutely love the Ladde. I just took mine on a 14 trip to Florida last week and it was awesome. It's so smooth and quiet on the highway I don't know how I did without it.

And the kids in back had the 15 inch drop down with DVD, Ipod Video and PS2 plus their own climate control and heated seats were in heaven.

When we hit a nasty thunderstorm it was comforting to know I had the added security of AWD, traction control and Stabilitrac.

They are great vehicles and I am so glad I decided to buy one. I'm sure you will feel the same way.

lilmomma25
06-17-07, 11:31 PM
Thanks! I am waaaay too young to be in a minivan. LOL! I wanted an SUV back, and I wanted to do it all with some CLASS... LOL! I look forward to talking with you all regarding my new Escalade.... I hope to pick it up tomorrow or Tuesday.... I am getting out of a 2004 Dodge Caravan with only 21,000 miles. We bought it brand new.... I hate having to go back to a used vehicle but my 3 kids deserved the safety, comfort, room, and style of the Escalade.....

DLE
06-18-07, 11:33 AM
You'll love the Escalade. :thumbsup:

My wife drives an '02 regular lade and I drive the '04 EXT. These trucks are the BEST trucks we've ever ridden. Not only it drives good, but it is LOADED!

Anyways, when you get it, post up some pics. :thumbsup:

Good luck!