: Who warms up their car before driving off?

mole177
06-15-07, 10:07 PM
I tend to do so... at least a few minutes... but then there are those times when i just can't wait.

CIWS
06-15-07, 10:21 PM
99.9 % of the time I will let the temp reach 100 deg before I move, or if like now this time of year when it shows almost 100 when I start it, I'll let it climb 20 deg on water temp.

HushH
06-15-07, 10:32 PM
I do as well, even moreso now with the cam.

WheelHop
06-15-07, 11:09 PM
When its cold, I let it warm up to temp. When it's hot out, I give just a min. or two then i'm off!

nikon
06-15-07, 11:19 PM
Every time I start her, I let her warm up.....gives me an excuse for a cigarette anyways :p

SkullV
06-15-07, 11:24 PM
Every time I start her, I let her warm up.....gives me an excuse for a cigarette anyways :p
:yeah:

bo3adsa
06-15-07, 11:34 PM
I wait until my rpm goes down then I drive, couple of a minutes I guess...

V-Love
06-16-07, 12:44 AM
I hope I'm not the only one that beats it. A lot of times I push my clutch in and start rolling before she even starts up. Then, in a few seconds its over. Wait....what are we talkin about again?

JimmyH
06-16-07, 01:09 AM
I hope I'm not the only one that beats it. A lot of times I push my clutch in and start rolling before she even starts up. Then, in a few seconds its over. Wait....what are we talkin about again?

No your not the only one, I am letting the clutch out before she finishes turning over. Warm up is such a waste. The only time I warm up the car is if it is absolutely frigid outside.

Now that I miss, I just quit a few months ago. Goddammit I want a cigarette :mad2: :crying: :dammit: :headcase:

lawfive
06-16-07, 01:54 AM
Nope. Start it and go. Let it warm up before I hit it hard.

heavymetals
06-16-07, 02:45 AM
Me too.

If I give it any gas when it's cold it moves like a stone.

Doesn't die, but runs like crap.

ahahnu
06-16-07, 05:46 PM
In the mornings I go out to the gaage, start her up, back her out, then run back in to finish grabbing my sheite. I don't mash on the pedal untill oil temp is above 100 as per Doug.

syd
06-23-07, 01:55 AM
I was told that warming up wasted gas and is worse for the environment. An engine needs load to build heat and get the catalysts to light off faster.

ntechnic
06-23-07, 02:58 AM
I let the oil pressure come up, maybe 20-30 seconds. Of course, here in SoCal, it's never freezing cold or anything.

lunarx
06-23-07, 11:00 AM
... I don't mash on the pedal untill oil temp is above 100 as per Doug.

:yeah:

darkman
06-23-07, 11:11 AM
I usually start driving immediately so that my engine, transmission, differential, and tires can all begin warming up before I encounter the need for any significant throttle levels. Since I live in a warm climate and in a residential area this works for me. If I lived next to a freeway entrance ramp I would do things differently.

NormV
06-23-07, 12:08 PM
No your not the only one, I am letting the clutch out before she finishes turning over. Warm up is such a waste. The only time I warm up the car is if it is absolutely frigid outside.

Now that I miss, I just quit a few months ago. Goddammit I want a cigarette :mad2: :crying: :dammit: :headcase:

I barely wait for the oil pressure to level off and just roll away gentlely. No need for a long warm up unless it is really cold.

Norm

SoCal-VEE
06-23-07, 04:38 PM
Start her up, turn on the tunes, switch on comp mode, buckle up and go. Year round in SoCal.

rlj5
06-23-07, 08:47 PM
In warm weather I just take it easy & don't get on it for a few minutes, When it's cold I always make sure the oil temp is at least 150 before I go at all. I got very carefull in the cold weather after the ProCharger was installed.

GMBOUND
06-23-07, 09:45 PM
Warm up is a waste of precious fuel.
Plus speed limit in neighborhood = 25mph, on the street going to the freeway = 40mph. 6mins from the time I leave the house till I'm on the freeway, that's plenty of warmup time.

rand49er
06-23-07, 10:09 PM
Start it up, let oil pressure come up (a few extra seconds in the cold), drive nice and easy up to the speed limits (25 in the neighborhood, 45 on the road, 70 on expressway). Minus 5 or 95 ... doesn't matter ... just let temps come up before getting crazy with RPM and throttle. Don't need a long warmup.