Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Look at this! Picking myself up off of the floor...

894 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  hueterm 
#1 ·
#2 ·
#3 ·
Their both beautiful. The '84 stands out to me because a friend of mine has a mint condition black on red '79, and it reminds me of his. The '78 is crying for the right tires, but is nice other than that. Nice color, though I might have gone with a contrasting landau top.

#5 ·
Nice rides all around. Just picked up a copy of Donnie Brasco at the local B'Buster and getting ready to watch. I think there are some late-1970s Caddies in that one, if I correctly recall. Good flick w/ great cars. Last time I saw it was in the theater. (Sorry for my tangent.)

#4 ·
Actually, while we're on the subject, here's a pic of my friend's car. He said he'd sell it for $8,000. It has around 80,000 on it, but has been garaged every day since it left the factory. And was never driven in bad weather.

#6 ·
Oh yes, Donnie Brasco. Great '79 Coupe Deville, but in the close ups of it they use a '77 interior! Also a couple Fleetwood Broughams. Great movie all around. And that little talk about Lincoln verses Cadillac is priceless.

#7 ·
I'm having a hard time tearing myself away from the forum now that you posted the pic of your friend's DeVille. Oh, how I wish I had an extra $8,000 laying around!

(One funny thing about those coupes on the 'Bay is that they don't have cruise control). Funny how the bashed-up/pitted-out one's are always the most well-optioned.

Well, off to the movie to pine for the '79 Brougham I once owned (sigh).

#12 ·
(One funny thing about those coupes on the 'Bay is that they don't have cruise control). Funny how the bashed-up/pitted-out one's are always the most well-optioned.(sigh).
I've been saying this for years. I always notice the most stripped down Cadillacs seem to be the most well cared for. I guess the logical explanation is older people tend to buy stripped models and hold on to them for decades while young flashier people buy a loaded up Cad and then flip it to the next owner within a couple of years.

BTW: Donnie Brasco is an awesome flick and I had a chance to buy a mint 85 Fleetwood Coupe with 31K miles and every option (inc. wire wheels and moonroof) for 10 G's back in Nov. 02 but it was right after I bought my 78 and I didn't have time to play with two boats.

#10 ·
Ben,

The 78 on e-bay has a firemist paint. Compare it to your buddy's black car and you'll see what I mean about the firemists not having the depth or sheen of the non-firemist paints. And this is supposedly a "time capsule" car! Your's looking quite good now, yes?

Craig

#11 ·
Yeah, but if you put any Beige car next to a a black one, it'll achieve the same basic effect. Mine isn't so much dull, as it is faded. When I wash it the top surfaces get quite a bit darker while wet. And no matter how many times I rubbing compound or wax it, this white film just covers it back up within days. The top surfaces are dead, forget about it, the sides are okay, but I still feel really out of place at cruise-in's and shows. I've spent months on the rest of the car, so it's extremely clean, but the paint counter-acts all of my efforts it seems.

#13 ·
Oh, that black on red is fantastic...LOVE the 79s.

(NEED MORE GARAGE SPACE!!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.