: Yeah, me likey...

thebigjimsho
06-15-07, 12:43 AM
Thanks to Luke at Lindsay, I got a CTS armrest in neutral sent to me from the GM warehouse in 2 days. Installed it tonight in about 10 minutes and WOW, I didn't realize what I was missing. It is so much more comfortable. Great for a long trip.

Just get ALL your parts at Lindsay, ummkay?

whisler151
06-15-07, 12:47 AM
Thanks to Luke at Lindsay, I got a CTS armrest in neutral sent to me from the GM warehouse in 2 days. Installed it tonight in about 10 minutes and WOW, I didn't realize what I was missing. It is so much more comfortable. Great for a long trip.

Mmmkay Mr. Mackey

Luna.
06-15-07, 12:47 AM
LOL--I've been preaching the CTS armrest for years now!!

It's SO MUCH BETTER than the CTS-V armrest it isn't even funny.

BigJim talks about the additional comfort it brings. I also love it for the additional storage space. :thumbsup:

lunarx
06-15-07, 04:02 AM
:postpics:

There has to be some intereference with shifting, right?

Black Sunshine
06-15-07, 04:25 AM
I bought a tan console on ebay ($20), prepped it for SEM paint, painted it with Flat Black SEM ($6) and got a local upholstery shop to white stitch a black cover (material is a very close match for the leather) for the full size armrest ($20). I really like it for my long road trips. It does NOT get in the way of shifting.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/boilrmkr/CTS-V/VArmRest12_22_06Small111.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/boilrmkr/CTS-V/VArmRest12_22_06Small122.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/boilrmkr/CTS-V/VArmRest12_22_06Small123.jpg

rand49er
06-15-07, 07:37 AM
^^ Now, THAT'S the best stitching match I've seen!

Can anybody post a pic of the regular CTS console stitching for comparison?

RightTurn
06-15-07, 08:53 AM

:yeah: And throw some rep on the Lindsay boys. :thumbsup:

OldRoadDawg
06-15-07, 09:41 AM
^^ Now, THAT'S the best stitching match I've seen!

Can anybody post a pic of the regular CTS console stitching for comparison?
pikturs here sorta show the difference
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/armrest/index.html

v-ape
06-15-07, 10:03 AM
Does it interfere with shifting? Track days? Well I guess if it goes on/off in 10min, its not bad.

Black Sunshine
06-15-07, 10:10 AM
Like I said.....

It does NOT get in the way of shifting.

The Tony Show
06-15-07, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the report, Jim. Looks like I've found my next mod. :thumbsup:

Flyboy
06-15-07, 10:29 AM
I've had mine for 2 years......Can't believe Cadillac didn't install this in the first place. Lotsa' storage.

AND....Does not interfere with shifting.

OzarksHillbilly
06-15-07, 10:30 AM
I've been thinking of doing that mod for some time, but I've been leery of the install. Is it really a 10-minute job for an amateur?

Black Sunshine
06-15-07, 11:36 AM
The straight swap out shouldn't take any longer than that. Just get your beer (that's right, this is only a one beer job.:rant2:), tools and parts together and jump on it.

OldRoadDawg
06-15-07, 01:38 PM
I've been thinking of doing that mod for some time, but I've been leery of the install. Is it really a 10-minute job for an amateur?
Not much more than 10 min, once you get past the fear that the plastic end caps won't break while popping them off.

thebigjimsho
06-15-07, 03:25 PM
Not much more than 10 min, once you get past the fear that the plastic end caps won't break while popping them off.It is an extremely easy straight out swap. It's more like a shot of Patron job. Just use the FAQ. 1 helpful hint. In the FAQ it says use a 5mm Hex wrench. That will work, but it's better with a T-45 Torx.

So far 150 miles and right now I'm driving in supreme comfort on the Merritt Parkway in CT.

I knew it would be better, but this is supremely a must do mod!

thebigjimsho
06-15-07, 08:47 PM
NY/NJ traffic is a friggin' buttplug. Then add I-78 construction...

But, 450 miles of driving bliss with the new armrest.

thebigjimsho
02-08-12, 12:25 AM
Just a reminder to get your non-V armrest in there if you haven't already. And buy from Luke...

odthetruth
02-08-12, 02:47 AM
Any reasoning behind bringing all these ridiculously old threads back?

rand49er
02-08-12, 09:20 AM
Any reasoning behind bringing all these ridiculously old threads back?It's a tbjs-kind-of-thing. Plus these armrests are outstanding!

DDS rollin a CTS
02-08-12, 11:20 AM
Any reasoning behind bringing all these ridiculously old threads back?

It's a tbjs-kind-of-thing. Plus these armrests are outstanding!

Indeed, these armrests are EPIC. I can't stand the thought of someone suffering in ignorance, not knowing a solution is out there. I knew how truly awful it is from the start because I had a regular CTS before I got my V. I called Luke almost as soon as I got home from picking it up and ordered the armrest and V2 suede shift knob. Fortunately I have the grey interior so I didn't have to do any painting or reupholstering like jimbo here. The only thing that made mine a little complicated is that whoever installed my original armrest cross-threaded one of the bolts so it was a challenge to get off, and wanted to cross-thread when installing the replacement.

thebigjimsho
02-08-12, 04:26 PM
That was someone else who did the color matching.

As for bumping old threads, I couldn't sleep last night and was on the mobile app, lying in bed. I was looking at all the threads I've started over almost 8 years. And I bumped a few I thought were pertinent or just liked...

EdmundGTP
02-09-12, 03:17 PM
Great bump. Awesome mod.

Here's how mine turned out..

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j308/Edmund944/IMG_1040.jpg

thebigjimsho
02-10-12, 09:17 PM
What's also nice that no one ever mentions is that toy can store stuff in the open bin and not see it there. Nice and stealthy..