: crashed today ,,,

Stoneage_Caddy
06-14-07, 08:26 PM
well the good thing is gladys is fine ...

me and the harley however .....are boath messed up bad ....

before i even made the first payment a guy in a white ford van ran me off the road ....we were all trapped behind a old man in a crown vic doing 20 in a 45 ...the guy in the van lost his cool and went to pass everyone ....but clipped me doing it ...and kept going .....

cant really move my left arm between my shouler being messed up and the road rash on my elbow ...

soo ill be a bit of a ghost here for awhile .....

as for the bike ...i think i may just get rid of it if it isnt totalled ....

and it has renforced my hatred for florida ....

RightTurn
06-14-07, 08:27 PM
What a bummer, Stoney! I'm so glad you're ok!

Bat Guano
06-14-07, 08:29 PM
Damn sorry to hear that. Glad you are OK.

caddydaddy
06-14-07, 08:35 PM
Glad you are ok. I hope you were wearing your gear Stoney!
Don't give up on bikes just because of one *******! You won't quite driving a car if some jerk ran you off the road, right?

CadillacGurl
06-14-07, 08:41 PM
Damn, sorry Stoney. I'm glad you're not seriously injured.

codewize
06-14-07, 08:46 PM
Glad you're OK man. It's a dangerous thing. All it takes is.... well you know. That kind of stupidity is exactly why I don't have a bike.

EcSTSatic
06-14-07, 08:46 PM
You were very fortunate. It's usually not the rider, it's the 4-wheelers that cause most bike accidents. Glad to hear you are okay.

Rolex
06-14-07, 08:47 PM
Damnit dude i'm glad you're OK. Every time I start thinking I'd like to have a bike to ride, medics drag another bloody carcas into the operating room and fill me full of good sense. Sell the bike man!

CIWS
06-14-07, 08:48 PM
Glad to hear you're pretty much Ok Stoney. No sweat on the bike, the PGR allows Cages too. :)

Stoneage_Caddy
06-14-07, 08:49 PM
yeah the caddy is going for another mission saturday

lawfive
06-14-07, 08:55 PM
Glad it wasn't worse, man.

(note to self: resist the urge for a bike)

Kev
06-14-07, 09:00 PM
Glad you were able to walk away Mike. I still want another bike......

77CDV
06-14-07, 09:37 PM
Glad to hear you're OK. Sorry about the bike, though. If it's any consolation, bikers don't get any more respect in any other state. Feel better.

Craig

DILLIGAF
06-14-07, 09:50 PM
It is only a matter of time on a bike!Glad your ok Stone

Night Wolf
06-14-07, 09:56 PM
Man, I am really sorry to hear about that! I've been wondering how ya been lately..... That is a shame, how could somebody just drive off after hitting someone on a bike?

I woudln't give up on the bike.... but... I coudln't own a bike in FL either, drivers are horrible.... they are alot better in GA.

lawfive
06-14-07, 09:56 PM
<threadjack> Newbury Park, 77CDV? I used to work at Amgen... </threadjack>

caddydaddy
06-14-07, 10:08 PM
It is only a matter of time on a bike!

That's a horrible thing to say! :eek: Just like with a car, not everyone who rides crashes!

DILLIGAF
06-14-07, 10:13 PM
That's a horrible thing to say! :eek: Just like with a car, not everyone who rides crashes!
You ride,you go down!Been there done that.You know somebody who rides that hasn' t went down?not me:confused:

caddydaddy
06-14-07, 10:20 PM
You ride,you go down!Been there done that.You know somebody who rides that hasn' t went down?not me:confused:

Yes, several! A co-worker has gone 80,000 plus miles in 6 years, and not gone down. My Dad has ridden 20,000 miles with no accidents. That's the same as saying everyone in a car crashes! Not always true. :thumbsup:

Patrick7997
06-14-07, 10:26 PM
I've ridden bikes for 21 years, well over 120,000 miles... not a scratch on me, or any bike I ever owned...

That being said, when I go down to Florida, and see what passes for driving down there... heh heh, the Riders down there have some real courage...

There are certainly idiots up here, but there is a respect factor and an awareness of the 2 wheeled vehicle... the insane party every 5 years, when Harleys take over the streets, literally, does tend to raise awareness...

96Fleetwood
06-14-07, 10:33 PM
Glad you are ok!

Get rid of the bike! NO matter how much gear you wear, or how careful you are... there are plenty of stupid people on the road and all it takes is one to hurt you.

I see a couple bad motorcycle accident victims a month in the OR :(

Kev
06-14-07, 10:41 PM
Mike, it's up to you man. Don't let all of us influence you too much. Great quote from Magnum Force, 1973; "A man's got to know his limitations..." You decide if you're done riding.

I've gone down, early in my riding experience. I got right back on and kept going. I learned a lot from it. Gained great respect for the asphalt and decided I didn't want too much more intimate knowledge of it. I also learned the value of wearing my leathers and protective gear, never rode without 'em!

They literally saved my hide! :thumbsup:

.... And I learned how to ride my bike!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-14-07, 11:43 PM
Holy shit man, your luck! Glad you're ok! I had a friend who had an old Yamaha, and he used to tell me stories about him getting in near accidents due to people on in cars.

Florian
06-15-07, 09:09 AM
Stoney, watch the *******s in the cages....when youre on your feet again, go take an MSF course, youll get your confidence back. REMEMBER....ATGATT. All the gear, all the time....none of this doo-rag and t-shirt shit....go buy the right equipment.

F

Florian
06-15-07, 09:12 AM
Glad you are ok!

Get rid of the bike! NO matter how much gear you wear, or how careful you are... there are plenty of stupid people on the road and all it takes is one to hurt you.

I see a couple bad motorcycle accident victims a month in the OR :(

Dont get rid of the bike....look at the stats. Most bike accidents happen to:

1. New riders (young and old, less than a year experience)
2. Riders which have not had proper training
3. Close to home (within 10 miles)
4. Are NOT caused by the rider/include other vehicles

Get back on the horse, get your mind right and go ride.

F

EcSTSatic
06-15-07, 09:25 AM
It's not much better on a bicycle!
I was coming home from a ride. On the block up from mine, this woman in an SUV (probably on a phone) coming from the opposite direction turned right into me as I was passing a driveway. I mean she was coming right at me! We were only feet apart. I don't know how but I guess she never saw me and tried to enter the drive.
Had it been a kid on a bike she would have run them down. I swerved up the drive and onto the sidewalk to miss her. It's the first time my tire ever squeeled in a turn!
I was so stunned I just kept going. If I see her again I'll probably say something about it.

90Brougham350
06-15-07, 10:49 AM
Glad to hear you're alright Mike, best wishes for a speedy recovery. I know you'll be back on the bike in no time.

Brian

DBA-One
06-15-07, 10:53 AM
There is no way in hell I'd ride a motorcycle in Pinellas County.

LS1Mike
06-15-07, 11:40 AM
Glad to hear to you are ok. Sorry about the bike.
I used to have a Buell Blast...I know I know, but anyway to many goofs that aren't watching for you so I sold it.

DopeStar 156
06-15-07, 11:52 AM
And old people think it's SAFER to go 20 under the speed limit......

Go ****in' figure......

Stoneage_Caddy
06-15-07, 12:47 PM
first estimate is 1500 in damage ....this sucks ass....

im in soooooo much pain today they sent me home from work ....going back to bed now

EcSTSatic
06-15-07, 01:10 PM
That's not much for a bike. Make sure the frame isn't bent!

ejguillot
06-15-07, 03:36 PM
Sorry to hear of your spill, but glad you are (mostly) OK! Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

AlBundy
06-15-07, 05:02 PM
Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Jonas McFeely
06-16-07, 03:33 PM
I love bikes and ive always wanted one. But i will never own one. Ive known a couple people who have died, both caused by trucks driving like douchebags. They dont call bike riders organ donors for nothing. I say sell the bike. You can be the best rider in the world,but thats not gonna save your ass against other drivers.

77CDV
06-16-07, 03:36 PM
<threadjack> Newbury Park, 77CDV? I used to work at Amgen... </threadjack>

Hasn't everyone?:rolleyes:

77CDV
06-16-07, 03:43 PM
first estimate is 1500 in damage ....this sucks ass....

im in soooooo much pain today they sent me home from work ....going back to bed now

You went to work?!? I take it the "right to starve" state doesn't have state disability ins.

roadracerx72
06-16-07, 05:56 PM
Sorry to hear about the crash. I have had two M/C crashes on the street and both were caused by the other driver. I am retiring from racing also. Being on the track is so much safer than the street. I hate riding on the street. Anyone looking for a track bike?? ebay item # 150131359201 Auction ends tomorrow at 1030am. Anyone?? Buehler...Buehler...??

Get better soon!!

Stoneage_Caddy
06-16-07, 10:21 PM
You went to work?!? I take it the "right to starve" state doesn't have state disability ins.

damn right its the right to starve state ...i hate this frickin hell hole

dkozloski
06-16-07, 11:59 PM
damn right its the right to starve state ...i hate this frickin hell hole
It's 9:00PM and 72deg. F. in Fairbanks, it's severe clear, and it's daylight 24/7. Everybody is working. Someday you'll be back.

JC316
06-17-07, 01:54 AM
Damn Stoney, sorry to hear and I am glad you are ok. There is a special circle of hell for hit and run drivers, he WILL get his, karma demands it :).

Jesda
06-17-07, 07:26 AM
OUCH!

Stoneage_Caddy
06-17-07, 09:53 AM
It's 9:00PM and 72deg. F. in Fairbanks, it's severe clear, and it's daylight 24/7. Everybody is working. Someday you'll be back.

something tells me your very very right

Frost
06-18-07, 08:10 AM
Riding and surviving on 2 wheels is just a matter of driving defensively. As if every other driver on the road is out to KILL you - 'cuz in all likelyhood, they are!

I rode for 7 years, travelled all over Canada, making it out to the coast not once, but twice - in all kinds of weahter. The only constant in all those years and all those miles were the A-Holes on 4 wheels.

So you went down, and from one biker to another, I DO hope you're allright - if you were smart, you were wearing the proper gear for it: cowhide is always better than YOUR hide for grinding along the asphalt.

but is that a rreason to dump the bike? HELL NO!!! suck it up and get back on it, fer Chrissakes. Nothing can match the feeling of freedom that bikes give you - the open air, the growl of the engine.

powerglide
06-19-07, 05:10 PM
Hey Stoney, sorry to hear about this...dunno how I missed this thread!?
How are you feelin?

JimmyH
06-19-07, 08:57 PM
Sorry Stoney, I feel for you (and I thought your bike was just stolen)

I know you are pissed now, but it will pass. Eventually this will just be a memory and you'll be riding hard again, laughing at the cagers all the way.