: Got my escalade towed....

fast66
06-14-07, 06:49 PM
Alright so I got my escalade got towed, I had it in park and the side brake on full.

They took it on a flatbed, but how did they get it up there?

Did they just pull it up on the bed with a winch and if so, should I expect certain parts to be broken?

alb0zf1n3st
06-14-07, 06:57 PM
I dont think certain parts are going to be broken I think just like matter of wear and tear... but im not 100% sure all i know is I had a dumb friend that his side brake fully down and started to drive the truck and thought it felt funny and noticed it was on basically i think u just wear the brakes away.. but then again not 100%

slk230mb
06-14-07, 07:25 PM
It probably just dragged along the tires.

wookerNokturnal
06-14-07, 07:25 PM
thats makes two of us.....
my lambo doors messed up my stock wiring on my 07 caddy

EXT_Vegas
06-15-07, 12:27 AM
Why was your truck towed? Why didn't you give them your keys so that they could unlock the steering and disengage the trans and brakes? Did you lock your keys inside?

nikko1627
06-15-07, 01:54 AM
You can disconnect the linkage (connects your shifter on the dash to the transmission) under the truck and manually put it in nuetral. It is really hard to drag a truck that heavy on a flatbed with all the tires locked. (I drive a tow truck) Once it is in nuetral the tires will roll fairly easily. The emergency brake will hold it still on flat ground but being pulled by the winch it won't hold the truck. That is assuming that it really was towed on a flatbed. Most of the time if it was towed for being illegally parked they would use a wheel lift truck (the ones that have a front end of a pickup truck like a Ford F450) and use something called a wheel dolly for the rear. that basically would lift the tires off the ground in place without dragging them at all.

hcvone
06-15-07, 05:49 AM
As said I have seen tow companies use wheel dollies, they slide under the wheels and makes moving the truck very easy to get it on the flat bed

ewill3rd
06-15-07, 07:15 AM
They can tow it by putting dollies under the front axle and then lifting the rear, no magic involved.
If they want to tow it they can tow it.
Not to mention the shift linkage is on the side of the transmission, you can pop it off under the vehicle and put it in any gear you want.
Those park brakes are pretty notorious for not being the best in the business.

Why did it get towed?

fast66
06-16-07, 12:16 PM
it was parked in front of some other persons parking spot in an apartment complex.

I came to the car with it already on the flat bed....I dont know how they got it there...

but all I notice now is that my parking brake doesnt work at all.

ewill3rd
06-16-07, 03:55 PM
In that case... I know they could get it out of gear, and I know they could turn the wheel (if it is '02 or up).
Not sure how they could do the park brake except a lot of those don't hold.

I have seen some dudes driving flat beds doing some crazy stuff.

dkozloski
06-16-07, 09:17 PM
it was parked in front of some other persons parking spot in an apartment complex.

I came to the car with it already on the flat bed....I dont know how they got it there...

but all I notice now is that my parking brake doesnt work at all.
A guy that worked for me was always coming in late to work because he was getting blocked into his parking spot in front of his apartment. The next time it happened to him I had him give me the make and license number of the offender. I called the local dealer and told him where the car was and the particulars and said the car was stalled and frozen up and needed to be dragged in and a complete tuneup done. I told them I'd be around in a couple of days to pick it up. It was never parked there again.