: Gas Prices -

CaddyKaty
06-14-07, 04:50 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t22/kassi1959/Gas-Station.jpg

EcSTSatic
06-14-07, 08:40 PM
Cute. One of those sign generator sites.
http://atom.smasher.org/gas-station/

Night Wolf
06-14-07, 10:04 PM
Speaking of gas prices... I was a little shocked to see regular at $2.76 at Chevron today... considering the last time I got gas a couple weeks ago it was $3.06/gal. all 3 vehicles were really empty... so I filled up the Town Car, then the Isuzu... and the Caddy is next.... ahh nothing like buying 67 gallons of gasoline in a day :)

behind-bars
06-14-07, 10:14 PM
Speaking of gas prices... I was a little shocked to see regular at $2.76 at Chevron today... considering the last time I got gas a couple weeks ago it was $3.06/gal. all 3 vehicles were really empty... so I filled up the Town Car, then the Isuzu... and the Caddy is next.... ahh nothing like buying 67 gallons of gasoline in a day :)

Hehe, We are at 2.86 now and i am down to about 1/2 tank. last time I got gas I paid about 3.11, almost 3 full weeks ago. Should have filled up today, i imgine prices will bounce back up a bit.

CaddyKaty
06-15-07, 12:09 AM
I can recall five dollars in my pocket, feeling rich. bought a dollar of gas and a six pack of beer. hmmm... ok, volkswagan beetle. but hey those were the days!
now if I were to go and buy a dollar of gas, Id have to jump on the hose to stop it!..:thumbsup:
N'awe. times are tight.

gary88
06-15-07, 01:02 AM
I wish prices here were $2.86. $3.55 for regular down the street from me.

peterbrowne
06-23-07, 11:58 PM
$1.043 per Litre here

Eric Kahn
06-24-07, 03:22 PM
$2.69 for diesel yesterday, and reg unleaded was $2,89 at that station

my daily driver is a 2005 passat turbo diesel

ewill3rd
06-25-07, 07:36 AM
Cute website there.

Silver Dollar
06-25-07, 03:25 PM
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x103/Old_Dollar_Bill/Gas-Station1.jpg

behind-bars
06-25-07, 03:37 PM
http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/7303/gasstationld7.jpg

Krashed989
06-25-07, 04:10 PM
Wow, only $3.00 for regular? I WISH gas would go down to that price right now. It's really $3.40 here.

behind-bars
06-25-07, 11:04 PM
Wow, only $3.00 for regular? I WISH gas would go down to that price right now. It's really $3.40 here.

We actually made it to 2.79 for the last week, some stations bumped back to 2.85 though

arnauts
06-26-07, 12:44 PM
Sorry, just had to post this. You lucky folks only paying 3.00 a gallon..
In Vancouver three weeks ago, it was $1.29 a litre.
Since there's about 3.78 litres in a gallon, a gallon of gas would cost about $4.88 Canadian, or $4.55 a gallon US.
Nothing quite like a $115 tank of gas..

danbuc
06-26-07, 09:11 PM
Premium is 2.99 at most places around here right now. Gotta love those NJ refineries....

behind-bars
06-26-07, 10:57 PM
Not sure if people missed the text in my picture or not, just something i thought was ironic.

Gas, so called non-renewable takes alot of refining and sells for 3ish dollars per gallon.

Milk, renewable as anything else is now selling for over 4$ a gallon and needs little "refining" lol

lochenjons
06-27-07, 12:41 PM
i hate gas. prices. it was about 3.42 here and now its back to about 3.12 or something. im slightly below a half in the caddy so ill probably have to put in $60 to fill it up... bummer.... i remember not too long ago when my suburban was at 1/4 of a tank and i walked in to the lady and said "$100 on 5 please" and she gave me this incredilous look too. she gave me an even more stunned look when i came back in and got my 2 dollars of change.

taxi-cadillac
06-27-07, 04:00 PM
With you petrol is still very cheap! Here in Germany costs of the litres super 95 oct. 1.45 €. These are 5.49 € the gallon and in US $ are this 7.14 US $ / gal! I go with LP-Gas because petrol is too expensive here in Germany. LPG costs 0,58-0,66 € / litres. These are 2,24-2,54 € / gallon and in 2,91-3,31 US $. Then these are fuel costs like with you, but only with LPG!

Krashed989
06-27-07, 07:03 PM
With you petrol is still very cheap! Here in Germany costs of the litres super 95 oct. 1.45 . These are 5.49 the gallon and in US $ are this 7.14 US $ / gal! I go with LP-Gas because petrol is too expensive here in Germany. LPG costs 0,58-0,66 / litres. These are 2,24-2,54 / gallon and in 2,91-3,31 US $. Then these are fuel costs like with you, but only with LPG!

What is LPG? I've never heard of it.... :hmm:

behind-bars
06-27-07, 08:42 PM
What is LPG? I've never heard of it.... :hmm:

LPG is like propane/butane
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquified_petroleum_gas

Some countries tax regular gas heavy because of "percieved" enviromental harm, thus higher prices. LPG is considered "cleaner" thus not taxed as heavy and people can purchase/convert cars to run on it.

JRau
06-30-07, 09:39 PM
I wish prices here were $2.86. $3.55 for regular down the street from me.

Lemont, eh? You're right down the street from me in Downers Grove. I was paying $2.44 in Downers Grove when I first moved up here in March of '07. Yeah, gas prices are ridiculously high out here. Des Moines, Iowa's gas prices are about 50 cents a gallon cheaper. Believe me, it's sticker shock for me.

JRau

ewill3rd
07-02-07, 06:07 AM
I think it is "down" to $2.89 right now around here.
I need to fill up.
I had to go to Richmond the other night for the Indy race.. oh what fun.
Traffic was miserable on the way down, I think it took us almost 3 hours to get there. Coming back was a breeze, except for the car accident we saw on the other side that stopped traffic. It didn't affect us but the Southbound lane was bad. People stopped their cars and got out to chat with eachother while they waited.
Cop cars, firetrucks, a bunch of flatbeds, it looked really bad.

taxi-cadillac
07-05-07, 02:32 PM
What is LPG? I've never heard of it....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquified_petroleum_gas
better I cant it say

LPG taxed in many countrys less (Germany,Poland,Italy, Nederlands and other). It is more ecologically friendly as a petrol, burns more cleanly. It does no soot, no SO2 and less CO2 with the combustion. It burns in CO2 and wathersteem, thats all not more.If anlage properly opposed is and the engine technically OK, the exhaust remains from the inside clean and the oil is still yellow to some thousand km like honey. Here in Germany you can move your car with LPG for half fuel costs like petrol. A in Germany are not many cars with LPG. I think 3%. In Poland,Nederlands, more cars with LPG. In America you have also producer for LPG-systhems for cars. Impco is me known. I have also a Impco-systhem because the most systems from Italy and Nederlands are vor smaler engin's. Vor realy big engines are not good systhems,because the biggest Ventury-System have only 435cfm. Than is better take a injection system. The leader here is Prins www.prins.eu . This works only on engine with multipoint fuel injection,because its works in master-slave and need so the signal from the engine ECU.

dkozloski
07-05-07, 03:07 PM
There are a lot of warehouse forklifts in the U.S. that are propane or multifueled. There used to be a lot of taxicabs propane fueled in the mountain states. Propane works well, natural gas pings badly because of the low octane rating. There used to be a lot of home made propane carburetors on beaters of all descriptions. It's alright for local use where you have a guaranteed refueling station but it can be a pain on long trips.

taxi-cadillac
07-18-07, 02:59 PM
We also have Yes them. Because liquefied petroleum gas exhaust gases are less injurious in closed rooms than from the petrol combustion. I have 30gal gas with and this reaches for approx. 270-485 ml. In Germany there are approx. everything 30ml a gas tank place, however, 90% are opened only from 7am-5pm. In wide journeys in unknown area one must plan and look before on the Internet where one Can refuel. If necessary one can also switch over to petrol. One does this, however, very much reluctantly. Here, at least, 100 km on petrol are more expensive at 19 $ than LPG. For $19 I go better some good eat in a restorant like it spend the country for fuel taxes! I must pay $1450 for the engine Tax in a year....thats expencif inaf! Not far from me in Poland ( Gubin is 3ml from my home) are 5 gasstations 24h open. There is never a problen refuel. There cost 0,48-0,55 /l and there is the mix Propan/Butan 80/20. That brings a litle bit more miles/gal as the 98% Propan in Germany.

derrty_deville
07-18-07, 07:51 PM
We also have Yes them. Because liquefied petroleum gas exhaust gases are less injurious in closed rooms than from the petrol combustion. I have 30gal gas with and this reaches for approx. 270-485 ml. In Germany there are approx. everything 30ml a gas tank place, however, 90% are opened only from 7am-5pm. In wide journeys in unknown area one must plan and look before on the Internet where one Can refuel. If necessary one can also switch over to petrol. One does this, however, very much reluctantly. Here, at least, 100 km on petrol are more expensive at 19 $ than LPG. For $19 I go better some good eat in a restorant like it spend the country for fuel taxes! I must pay $1450 for the engine Tax in a year....thats expencif inaf! Not far from me in Poland ( Gubin is 3ml from my home) are 5 gasstations 24h open. There is never a problen refuel. There cost 0,48-0,55 /l and there is the mix Propan/Butan 80/20. That brings a litle bit more miles/gal as the 98% Propan in Germany.
uh ... what ... ?:confused: