: Baby Got New Shoes

CTSV05
06-14-07, 03:50 PM
Had new rubber put on today, went to Discount Tire, excellent experience, and they even worked out a 100 dollar credit since I came up several thousand miles short on the mileage!!!! Kool huh?

Anyway, I loved the KDW's so much, went right back to them. Went with a 255/45ZR18 and they are about a finger taller than the 245's. Also about a finger wider, bearely noticable, but they do fill the wheel wells up just enough more. The added tread looks nice too, the tires now are just dead even with the outer upper whell flares on the body.

I know, I know, what about the taller sidewall????....Well, since I've not been to a Road Course yet....I dont think the tiny bit of difference will adversly affect handling. They do seem to ride just a bit softer too, which doesnt bother Me at all.

nikon
06-14-07, 07:02 PM
got the same tires....how many miles did you get out of your last set??? I've got at least 8k on mine and they still look new.

mole177
06-14-07, 07:53 PM
this is the first account i've ever heard about a car going with a taller tire.

Will it through the speedo off?

hurley64
06-14-07, 08:21 PM
Me thinks to tall for my taste, throw some armor-all on there and see if makes a difference.

John

CTSV05
06-14-07, 10:34 PM
Ended up with just over 33K, not bad imo, especially for a performance tire, and I drive hard.

got the same tires....how many miles did you get out of your last set??? I've got at least 8k on mine and they still look new.

CTSV05
06-14-07, 10:36 PM
I can understand that, and if I were going to lower the car I wouldnt have. I just hated all the open wheel well.

Yes, well I've been known to go against conventional thinking more than once.....LOL...According to the calculator, at 60, I'll be going 60.88 or something close. We do alot of highway driving, so lowering cruise rpms wont bother Me any.

Me thinks to tall for my taste, throw some armor-all on there and see if makes a difference.

John