: Dealer to most-likely replace my '04 Rear-end with '04 parts??

bcholka
06-13-07, 08:19 PM
Looks like another rear has bitten the dust. My V is an '04 with a whole heap of howling, metallic/grinding sound when going slow around corners, etc. I have an appointment next Tuesday with the dealer and asked him if the "fix" involves installing the beefier newer parts from '06's or later and they said no, that the repair would be with parts from the '04 version--is this consistent with what you guys have been hearing/experiencing?? I though I heard guys getting the upgraded rears as warranty replacements?? :confused:
My V is still under the factory warranty with 28k miles.
Thanks for your help,
Brian

heavymetals
06-13-07, 08:35 PM
Your service/dealer is mis informed.

The 04 and 05 diffs are replaced (when they need it) with the 06.

CVP33
06-13-07, 08:40 PM
There shouldn't be any '04 parts left. I believe I used up all the available parts back in 2005. You can thank me later. :thumbsup:

LV_V
06-13-07, 09:24 PM
Yet another case of a VERY misinformed Cadillac dealer representative...

StealthV
06-13-07, 10:12 PM
My local dealer has new diff assemblies for the CTS, CTS-V and SRX - IN STOCK.

Would love to know how much money this has cost GM & Getrag. :stirpot:

slothV
06-13-07, 11:15 PM
On a sightly humerous note. I was at the GM warranty parts center the other day and saw a bin full of Getrag diffs. Not all ours, but I still laughed.

v-ape
06-13-07, 11:21 PM
Had that done to mine... they shimmed the bearings, didnt work. Re-did it with 06 parts, still didnt work, gave me a new 06 diff. Worked for a good while. 15k later, very slight whine, but it hasnt increased and isnt annoying or really noticeable

bcholka
06-13-07, 11:31 PM
Your service/dealer is mis informed.

The 04 and 05 diffs are replaced (when they need it) with the 06.

OK--I guess this will be an interesting experience next week--I'll keep you all posted.
PS--if they end up installing the '06 diff does that mean my NEW problem will be a leaky rear-end?? (no pun intended!!)

StealthV
06-14-07, 12:03 AM
If the dealer does the repair by the book, it'll have the new vent.