: 1997 cadillac devill d,elegance

mikeman711
06-13-07, 05:42 PM
hello i am trying to find a decent super charger for my cadillac and a good cold air intake, i also need duel exaust and i also need to know if any one has hurd of turbonator and if you have had any experience with it i just need to know if it works or if its just junk. so if any one can help me or let me know what some good selections are it whould be much apreciated and i need to know how and what i need to disable the governor.

CadillacSTS42005
06-14-07, 12:47 AM
search

Frost
06-14-07, 07:07 AM
Turbinators work best when installed in pairs - in tandem. Can't have enough turbulence in the old intake, doncha know!!

white97deville
06-17-07, 12:16 PM
Don't rule our your leaf blower--might be a cheap rig up for forced induction. If you already have one it is cheaper than buying a turbonator.

Don't forget about stickers & graphics either. The ricers claim big HP increases from this alone.

FYI---I'm an old fart and haven't tried either of these ideas yet and do not speak from personal experience. Please post up your results after your testing.

Also, you need to add the model / year of your caddy to your sig/avatar/post so everyone will know what advice to give you. Good luck!

mikeman711
06-17-07, 03:35 PM
so have you had experience with turbinators

mikeman711
06-17-07, 03:51 PM
how many people have had any personal experience with the turbonator or no some one who has. could you tell me if it is worth the money and what do you really gain. i was thinking about getting 3 of them but i was also looking for a cold air intake my friend suggested k&n cold air intake but i cant find a k&n cold air intake for my caddilac d'elegance devill. i was alos looking for some gold wire rims for a reasonable price kind of like these kind at this site
http://www.daytonwirewheels.com/wheels/classic_ii_green_crome.html

mikeman711
06-17-07, 04:01 PM
what whould you guys suggest for me to get i was tols k&n cold air intake is good and cheap but k&n does not make for my year my car is a 1997 cadillac d'elegence devill what whould you suggest

Bat Guano
06-17-07, 04:12 PM
Don't waste your money on that POS. There is no way that will work as advertised. The Turbonator is what I mean.

danbuc
06-17-07, 04:31 PM
We tried one on a civic at school once. Dyno showed a loss of around 3hp if I recall correctly. You'd be better off putting helium in your tires as weight reduction, than using that thing.

danbuc
06-17-07, 04:35 PM
Nobody really make a CAI for your car. The gains aren't worth the money either.

white97deville
06-17-07, 04:49 PM
so have you had experience with turbinators

You might want to do some searching on this site and many others along with Snopes.com on what a turbinator will do for your car. Complete and total waste of money....but, it's your money so go get one if you want to.

urbanski
06-17-07, 04:58 PM
didnt need 3 seperate threads, and this one wont last long. google search turbonator, we shouldnt have to tell you about these items if common sense existed.

danbuc
06-17-07, 06:36 PM
I was wondering why I had two post one after the other that I didn't remember posting in sequence.....

jadcock
06-18-07, 08:02 AM
Don't put a "cold air intake" on your DeVille! What Cadillac designed from the factory already is a "cold air intake", meaning it pulls air from the coldest point available -- from up behind the driver side headlight area. Any "cone filter" you put on there advertised as a "cold air intake" is only going to pull hot underhood air and serve to decrease performance. If you want to do ANYTHING, just put a K&N panel filter in place of the stock paper filter, but I wouldn't even do that. Paper air filters work the best at what an air filter is supposed to do...filter. Skip the Pep Boys junk (Turbonator, K&N, etc).