: Can we still get a navigation system with a '05?

mrhockey20
06-13-07, 02:19 PM
My mother owns a 2005 SRX. She does a lot of traveling for her business and my dad wanted to get her the navigation system(GPS) which you can order with the Cadillac when you first get it (the built in one, manufacturers one). Well, can we still get the built in one even though that it is from 2005 or do we have to get one that is not built into the dashboard?
Sorry if this is confusing.

Thanks for any help!

sgilbert
06-13-07, 04:00 PM
IMHO, she's be FAR better off, economically and feature wise, to get an aftermarket unit that will just sit on the dash.

donjumpsuit
06-13-07, 04:18 PM
I am pretty sure that unit costs $3800 (with 6 disc changer)

mrhockey20
06-13-07, 04:38 PM
Well is there any that will go into the dashboard?
We think that the car would feel smaller if we got one that didnt snug into the dash...

any help?

Luv2Run
06-15-07, 04:07 PM
Well is there any that will go into the dashboard?
We think that the car would feel smaller if we got one that didnt snug into the dash...

any help?

If you want an after-market with OEM look and fit....quick answer is no it's not available.

But as you know anything is doable if you want to spend the dollars.

For what it's worth, our TomTom ($400 on sale) works great and we can use it in all cars and even as a handheld (even though it's a little large)

:thumbsup:

Don

Playdrv4me
06-15-07, 04:22 PM
Look on ebay, the factory navigation units for the CTS, and SRX come up quite often for around 1000 bucks or less if I recall.

Thing is, its not just a direct swap. Its CLOSE, but not just plug and play, there is some level of modification necessary, as well as getting it programmed to your VIN by the dealer, and if your not comfortable with electronics then youd be better off with an external unit.

killagill
06-20-07, 02:33 PM
Is there a write up somewhere for this upgrade like the one for the CTS? i have a 05 and i was thinking the same to keep the factory look. Dont know how long i will keep the car.

CadillacSTS42005
10-21-07, 09:20 PM
if you have an 05 its more similar to the Seville and Deville swap
ive done it myself on my STS

conedoctor
10-21-07, 11:31 PM
I would do it if you want the factory look, I did it on my Sierra and love it. Maybe not as good as an aftermarket but the look and integration can't be beat.

What about double Din?

scott raymond
11-23-07, 03:42 PM
So has anyone successfully installed a factory nav in a non-nav srx? I have an 05 srx with 6 disc, looks like the fit is identical, but what about wiring?