: Creases on Doors

jayzlade
06-13-07, 12:44 PM
Does anyone notice on the 07 Escalades, when you look down the side of the truck you can see creases on the doors? You can hardly see them you have to look at a certain angle. I also noticed them on the chrome strip by the windows. Maybe its just mine.

hcvone
06-13-07, 01:45 PM
No it's not just yours, and the best thing is when you keep polishing the truck they even stand out more. I have been doing wet sanding on the sides of the truck, which helped get rid of a lot of the orange peel, of course as I said the more you shine it the more it stands out. :(

gforceext
06-13-07, 02:10 PM
Mine has waves in the sheetmetal. It looks like when they press the indentation for the door handles the sheetmetal gets distorted a bit.

jayzlade
06-13-07, 03:19 PM
Do you the dealer will do anything about it?

wht2000
06-13-07, 03:39 PM
Probably not...if it's in the stamping die that forms the sheet metal, there is nothing the dealer can do...it's a manufacturing issue.

outofdablue
06-14-07, 11:09 AM
Its the cheap flimsy sheet metal they are using on the doors. If you compare the 02-06 models to the 07's, the 07's doors are very cheap and flimsy. It gets even worst if you go through automatic car washes with rotating arms. If you lean on the door hard, it dents very easy. This is why I didn't like the fact that the 07's didn't come with the body cladding. Typical cheap GM shit...

hcvone
06-14-07, 11:58 AM
In measuring the thickness at a junkyard they were both the same metal thinkness, I thought the 07's would be thinner, I think the creases are more from the dies not being "worn" enough yet. One of our companies makes large metal dies for making large cans and drums, and we see things like this early on in production runs.

Playdrv4me
06-15-07, 11:04 AM
I noticed this the first time I saw an 07. I thought it was because the lack of cladding made it more apparent, but the 03 has it a little bit from some angles. Yesterday I looked at more of them after seeing this thread and it was pretty bad.

I dont think its typical GM anything... Its just a design issue that makes the metal wavy. Doesnt look like a paint problem but rather a stamping problem, ESPECIALLY around the door handles. The slab sides make it really stick out.