: What's She Worth

Staxxin
06-12-07, 10:05 PM
Curious about what my V's worth on the private market and if it would sell quickly. 2005 Black on Black CTS-V, 47,000 miles, loaded with moon roof and FG2. MODs- Maggie, SW long tube headers (jet hot coated) matted with Radom Tech hi-flo CATs and Magnaflow catback, Hotchkiss sway bars, UUC short shifter, Specter Spoiler, CCW SP600's, Lloyd full matt package, Autvation Grid pedals, Specter cradle bushings. I think that covers it...

What do you think she's worth? Should I just consider parting out the major pieces, maggie, headers, wheels? Still trying to figure out what I should do.

Thanks!!!

StealthV
06-12-07, 10:14 PM
Dealer was offering $28-29k on mine yesterday in trade with 30,600 miles and no mods.

If you can do the work yourself with a little sweat equity, usually you're better of restoring the V to stock and selling the mods separate. Or find someone that wants a blown V.

First dibs on the CCWs. :)

cobrayankee
06-13-07, 06:33 AM
Well, since you're in Maryland too, I suggest you start parting the car out....to me.
Seriously, if you part it out, let me know what you have and what your lcoation is.

rand49er
06-13-07, 08:29 AM
I agree with Rick.

If you do the labor yourself, it's definitely plus money to part out the mods. Clean each one up real well, take some pics, and market the heck out 'em.

If, however, you pay someone else to de-install them, ... well, IMHO, that might eat into your used mod revenue pretty heavily.

VELOSE
06-13-07, 12:03 PM
I re-couped decent money parting my V last year. There's definitely a market out there for your parts. There's a very small group of people that will consider taking your car modded. So my recommendation from someone who was in your shoes, part it.

dvandentop
06-13-07, 12:13 PM
i would take the full exhaust system! dibs :D

04CTSVFLA
06-13-07, 05:03 PM
id take the headers.....lol

v-ape
06-13-07, 05:30 PM
We should have a "how much did you get/sell for your V thread". I'll probably be getting rid of mine soon, I could be leaving the country in a few months, and I'd like to know its value. I wonder what Carmax would offer?

Here's an ebay example that might upset you... no reserve
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-CADILLAC-CTS-V-FACT-WARR-FLORIDA-CAR-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ300119263559QQihZ020QQcategoryZ43 903QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Selling the mods should offset the low values these cars have now (to buyers, not owners). I cant believe these cars are 3yrs old and have lost 1/2 their value. Vettes hold value much better, as do M3's :(

1QUICKV
06-13-07, 11:02 PM
i got mine used and i think i can still get 34,000 for it with 22k. What do you think. It's stock now.
P.S. And the body is mint, no dent or anything major to the eye. And it's located in BROOKLYN where the car is rare.

Koooop
06-13-07, 11:14 PM
I think my 29k mile 05 is worth $30,000 - $31,000.

TXSilverV
06-14-07, 08:35 AM
I'll take the supercharger!
See you have all of your parts sold now!

Staxxin
06-14-07, 10:58 AM
Thanks everyone for the great advice! It seems parting out is the wise thing to do.

Staxxin
06-14-07, 10:59 AM
I'll take the supercharger!
See you have all of your parts sold now!

yeah, a lot of interested folks really fast. I'll be replying to PM's shortly.

CTS2NV
06-14-07, 11:09 AM
how much for the pedal ? that way i can save on shipping

z06bigbird
06-14-07, 10:57 PM
I'll take the valve cover caps.

No money.

Koooop
06-15-07, 01:12 PM
i got mine used and i think i can still get 34,000 for it with 22k. What do you think. It's stock now.
P.S. And the body is mint, no dent or anything major to the eye. And it's located in BROOKLYN where the car is rare.

It's rare in BROOKLYN cuz all the other V's have been stolen.

TBSS
06-17-07, 09:06 PM
I'm just starting to look now, and I'm looking for a H/C or SC V. How much are you looking to get?

cobrayankee
06-19-07, 07:08 AM
I'm just starting to look now, and I'm looking for a H/C or SC V. How much are you looking to get?

I traded my TBSS in to get mine. Is that what you're doing?

TBSS
06-19-07, 08:51 AM
I traded my TBSS in to get mine. Is that what you're doing?

No, the TBSS will remain the year round vehicle. You might remember my TBSS cause I recognize your screen name. I go by Darkside over there and have the dual center exit exhaust.

Staxxin
06-26-07, 03:10 PM
Okay, so the parts are coming off!

Anyone interested in Maggie, CCW's, Headers/CATs? Local buyers strongly welcomed especially for the Maggie. It would be nice to have it removed and then immediately installed on someone’s car. Shoot me a PM or email staxxin@comcast.net.

Koooop
06-30-07, 06:52 PM
I saw a very nice Black 2004 V with 16,000 miles at the car show today. The guy was asking 29,000.

z06bigbird
06-30-07, 07:26 PM
Good news: Nice car.

Bad news: People pay premium $$ for cars with 30k or 40k miles on them. Your mileage is somewhat high. Check Edmunds, KBB, Autotrader, etc.

You are best off selling your mods. Again most people prefer an original type of car. Certainly, there are individuals who want those mods--on or off the car. Again, the average customer wants a car that conveys the idea of driving habits that do not even hint at any kind of (even ligit) speed.

You can verify my comments by searching for mods here and in the Corvette forum.

My advice: Price your veh very attractively for the potential buyer after you sell the mods. Or price it very attractively for the sports enthusiast. If you have the GMPP, that will help your sale.

Or, here is one time where I recommend almost anyone's aftermarket warranty. As restrictive (and almost useless) as most of those aftermarket warranties are, a car with a warranty will give the buyer a certain comfort level. Keep in mind that many warranty companies automatically decline to cover a car with mods or any Z06s and possibly any Vs.

You might be better off trading in for a car still under GM warranty.

Staxxin
06-30-07, 10:47 PM
Parting out seems to be the common thought and that's what I've begun to do. Looking at KBB, Nada etc. It seems a stock car with my mileage should bring in $28k to $29k on a trade. I don't know how realistic that is. Although, that would be what I'd like to see.