: Nitrous is Here!!

NitrousDirect.com
06-12-07, 01:04 PM
We just wanted to say hi to everyone here! We are here to offer you any advice, support, and amazing prices on Nitrous setups for your Cadillacs!

From mild to wild we can set you up with what you need! Kits start at $479 complete ready to install.

There is no greater bang for the buck performance mod you can do! Gain 50-500hp!

Average gains, or installs done are 75-125hp, nice and safe.

Let us know what we can do for you!

CadillacSTS42005
06-12-07, 06:11 PM
you have a kit for obd2 northstar cadillacs?

fubar569
06-13-07, 06:46 AM
you have a kit for obd2 northstar cadillacs?

Well rather...they have the usual GM V8 50-200hp generic wet kit that you can tailor to your car......i'd be seriously concerned about main bottle line in a full size deville...would it be long enough to go from trunk to solenoid?

no one makes a specific kit for any car really, unless its a specific plate system like for 5.0L mustangs or TPI cars...or a specific application

anything else is either single/dual nozzle or direct port...and you'd know the difference in sticker shock...

NitrousDirect.com
06-13-07, 03:03 PM
We have kits that are generic gm style kits and specific to the caddy's too.

Main feedline should not be a prob we can do any length you need but most kits will come with an 18ft line, check and see if that should be enough

Maxb49
06-13-07, 04:14 PM
Is your kit capable of bringing a Deville into the 12s?

fubar569
06-13-07, 05:06 PM
Is your kit capable of bringing a Deville into the 12s?

dear god no...not unless you smack it with about 250hp worth minimum...wydopnthrtl??? has his eldorado?? at 13.9 stock with a 100 shot...based on his car you'd need 200hp at least but the increase isn't exponential either...

it would take every supporting mod in the book...plus a healthy pill shot...

thats not to say i dont plan on trying to spray my way into the 12's someday :)

dwight.j.carter
06-13-07, 08:09 PM
How much for a kit for a obd 2 STS Front wheel drive Northstar ?
Or better yet who has front wheel drive Northstar engine with a nitrous system and how does it run ?

msta293412
06-14-07, 08:19 AM
You guys have to remember...my 2001 sts has all the typical mods were all familiar with here...and when its very cold here in south florida (55 degrees), I have run consistent 0-60.5.9...and 1/4.14.3. Im realistacally at about 330-340 hp.....Imagine just a 75 shot, Id be in the mid to low 13's. You figure Id drop a about a second with some hook up. But I get discouraged about performance in the summer, as its always 95-97 degrees, with very high humidity, I wont even tell you the times Im puttin down in this weather.....But I did one time take a picture of the g-tech flashing a 6 second flat 0-60, with my cell phone( when it was cold)....I will not run a full blown nos system....I love my car, it only has 40,000 miles ont...I will however mist the intake with a nitrouse set up....well below the MAF, into the airbox, before the filter....basically it will be like driving in 20 degree weather, on a 95 degree summer day.....Ill call it a cold air intake(not spraying) when I win a race and they ask me if I have nos...the answer will be no...

CadillacSTS42005
06-14-07, 10:10 AM
g-tech is inaccurate to say the least
5.9 is impossible, my old ETC with a Chip, Tb and Exhaust only was capable of pulling 5.8

msta293412
06-14-07, 10:30 PM
Youve said that before.......and many have said you are incorrect......Fact is it IS accurate within 2 tenths of a second....so Im at 6.1 0-60 . If that makes you happy. Bottom line is, a 100hp shot done correctly, could get these cars in the mid to low 13's.....Again, I wont spray my car that way...but if you read my last post on misting?....Nice idea if you understand the concept...not to mention a little cheaper than a full system..... I still love you though Jason...you are the messanger! Saturday, Saturday.....

MrEr1c
06-16-07, 03:03 PM
I don't mean to sound like an ass, but I seriously doubt your 2001 sts has 330-340 hp. I assume you mean at the crank, so how exactly did you manage to pull 30+ hp out of that engine?

Throttle body, some type of CAI, exhaust, what else?

Maxb49
06-16-07, 04:30 PM
Where the heck are these performance enhanced throtte bodies at?

Submariner409
06-16-07, 06:01 PM
:stirpot: A g-tech is as any computer: garbage in = garbage out. If you're into the "mine's bigger than yours" thing, a sanctioned track timeslip speaks for itself. Do some snooping and find a chassis dyno near you in Florida. The rear-wheel result might be eye-opening.

CadillacSTS42005
06-17-07, 10:28 AM
Youve said that before.......and many have said you are incorrect......Fact is it IS accurate within 2 tenths of a second....so Im at 6.1 0-60 . If that makes you happy. Bottom line is, a 100hp shot done correctly, could get these cars in the mid to low 13's.....Again, I wont spray my car that way...but if you read my last post on misting?....Nice idea if you understand the concept...not to mention a little cheaper than a full system..... I still love you though Jason...you are the messanger! Saturday, Saturday.....

i know i have
and i dont mean to argue but on caddyinfo there were people with gtech claiming stock times in the low 14s...
doesnt really inspire confidence in that product, not to mention there are several different viarables which can throw the gtechs time off. IMHO track slips and dyno runs are the only TRUE indicator of a 0-60 and 1/4 times. Also the fact that intakes were tested on a dyno and showed a LOSS of hp, and one time a slight gain, only furthers my though that this really did nothing for your car, its all "sound" and the gtech is crap to confirm you increased your hp
again and as you said no hard feelings or anything were both cool with one another, this is just my experiance.

msta293412
06-19-07, 08:20 AM
I didnt use the g-tech to calculate HP....only times...I know its pretty accuraye because my freind has a vette , and used this thing several times, then went to MOROSO speedway here in PALM BEACH, witch is nearby...and ran almost identical times....so why wouldnt it be ALMOST accurate for me? Because you dont want it to be....Bottom line is...Corsa has a 20hp gain...I have the corsa spec exhaust designed by Magnaflow...theres 320hp right there....I know the knn drop in alone gave me a little, and the advertised Jettech MAF, claims another 10-15hp...lets say only 5hp with that and only 5hp with the knn....not to mention that airbox mod, with if nothing else, improved throttle response...theres 330hp CONSERVITAVELY! When its cold , I can spin tires on dry pavement at a 25mph roll...granted all my gains seem to be in high RPM's...though nothing really lost at this point in low...I did experiance a loss of low end, when I added a flow-thru cat...I since then corrected that problem.

msta293412
06-19-07, 08:25 AM
MrEr1c...Offcoarse I mean at the crank, Im not interested in wheel HP...you cant change that, you can only change motor output. It takes almost 100Hp increase to get 40hp to the wheels...I like to know Im driving around in a sweet Caddy STS, with alomost as much HP as a 2004 GTO with an LS1. HA!

Lord Cadillac
06-20-07, 05:27 PM
Are we hijacking this new vendor's discussion?

msta293412
06-21-07, 09:21 PM
NO... I will be going to the website and purchasing a mister system.

NitrousDirect.com
06-27-07, 07:08 PM
sorry guys! We've been absolutely SLAMMED!!! It's a good thing but I hate that we don't get a chance to answer all the posts and email question, we'll be having Brian answer the questions here and trying to help you guys get set up to spray!! So say hey to Brian! and ask away!

NitrousDirect.com
06-27-07, 07:09 PM
Also we would anyone be interested in a group buy?

LS1Mike
06-27-07, 07:48 PM
My Trans Am WS6 has a kit from these guys. Infact it is in one their galleries.
Has been on the car for 2 years. I love it! Best cash I have spent to date.
With a 100 shot you will average about a .8 et drop.

Lord Cadillac
07-01-07, 12:38 PM
Also we would anyone be interested in a group buy?
A group buy sounds like a good idea.. Try starting a Group Buy thread in your vendor forum. That'll get some traffic in there and it'll be easy to keep track of...

urbanski
07-02-07, 07:56 AM
A group buy sounds like a good idea.. Try starting a Group Buy thread in your vendor forum. That'll get some traffic in there and it'll be easy to keep track of...

i'd further suggest threads in the specific forums for the models their system will work in. that may provide wider exposure

Highline Cady
07-02-07, 11:52 PM
I'd be interested in a group buy, if others were, for the right price. Has to be a "wet" system however. The "dry" systems make me nervous about running to lean, and then sooner or later, BANG!!! Have had NOS before on a TA, first "dry", then a "wet" system the "wet" system was much better. You guys have a specific "wet" NOS application for a 03 Deville, DHS to be exact? Or are they "universal" systems? Any testing involved with the N*, you know to work the bugs out? I'd assume the N* could hold up to 75-100 shot?

Eldobroken
07-04-07, 03:15 PM
I didnt use the g-tech to calculate HP....only times...I know its pretty accuraye because my freind has a vette , and used this thing several times, then went to MOROSO speedway here in PALM BEACH, witch is nearby...and ran almost identical times....so why wouldnt it be ALMOST accurate for me? Because you dont want it to be....Bottom line is...Corsa has a 20hp gain...I have the corsa spec exhaust designed by Magnaflow...theres 320hp right there....I know the knn drop in alone gave me a little, and the advertised Jettech MAF, claims another 10-15hp...lets say only 5hp with that and only 5hp with the knn....not to mention that airbox mod, with if nothing else, improved throttle response...theres 330hp CONSERVITAVELY! When its cold , I can spin tires on dry pavement at a 25mph roll...granted all my gains seem to be in high RPM's...though nothing really lost at this point in low...I did experiance a loss of low end, when I added a flow-thru cat...I since then corrected that problem.
My 94 Eldo with 180,000 miles and holes in the mufflers spun 2nd in the cold with broken traction control. Only thing it had was a k@n cone filter.

msta293412
07-05-07, 09:41 AM
I wish I had a 94 or 95 sts or etc....so much more you can do (performance wise) with those years. I believe you on that last statement.......wait a minute, were you trying to make me look stupid?....Just kidding, ...what kind of times was that thing layin?

Eldobroken
07-08-07, 11:40 AM
I wish I had a 94 or 95 sts or etc....so much more you can do (performance wise) with those years. I believe you on that last statement.......wait a minute, were you trying to make me look stupid?....Just kidding, ...what kind of times was that thing layin?
Don,t remember the times. Front tires were also bald :>) But my 94 Touring Coupe did seem much faster than my 00 ETC. At first I thought it was just that the 00 was quieter but then I remember the 94 chirped and in colder weather spun 2nd. And I only had a few small mods nothing crazy.

clarkz71
07-08-07, 02:27 PM
95 seems to be the best year.

Mr. Elusive
07-08-07, 03:23 PM
how much is a "safe" shot on one of dave's motors rebuilt from custom innovations? i know they supercharge some in the kit cars that take the N* all the way up to some 700ish hp

Shaggy
07-12-07, 04:08 AM
I would be more concerned about the transmission grenading b4 the engine does.