: Chrome Wheels ?

outofdablue
06-11-07, 01:09 PM
What do you guys use on your chrome wheels after you wash. I usually wash and then dry them. Once dry I use glass plus to shine them up. Glass plus does not have amonia in it and therefore is safe on chrome finishes. I just wanted to get an idea of what others are using out there.

hcvone
06-11-07, 01:23 PM
I apply synthetic wax to them, keep them clean and treat them like the paint, if they get bad a product like Mother's Chrome Polish will shine them up, you can also clay them if they get real bad. "Waxing" them will make keeping them clean easier. :) Detail sprays will help too

99escalademan
06-11-07, 01:53 PM
What about on stainless exhaust tips like the magnaflow? :)

hcvone
06-11-07, 04:47 PM
I clean my stainless steel exhaust tips with wool soap pads, if they get real dirty I use SOS soap pads, the wool ones are more mild and leave the stainless steel looking new. If dirty you can also try Mother's Chrome Polish on them too. The Mother's mini ball wheel cleaners clean exhaust tips real nice too, use chrome polish with them

Caddydude420
06-12-07, 12:19 AM
http://www.master-formula.com/Metal%20Polish.htm

Hands down, this stuff cannot be beat. I used to use the Mothers stuff but this is much better. Get the Metal Polish and Sealer Gloss. Mix together equal amounts, rub on, rub off. It's simple to do. Shines like a mother. Lasts for months.

I just use the same stuff I use to wash my car and dry them when I'm done. I can't say enough good things about this stuff.