: Wrecked my love :(

starfox86
06-10-07, 12:53 PM
So I was on I 75 the other night and I hydroplained doing about 70 in the rain as I was switching lanes then I hit the first tree with the front of my car and the second tree with the side/rear. I'm just so lucky to be alive. I give two thumbs up to the design of this car and how it reacted to the impacts. Although I was quite stunned that NONE of the airbags deployed. I don't understand how they didn't but who knows. My girlfriend and I walked away with only a few bruises and scratches. Here are some phone pics of the day after. :(

http://i18.tinypic.com/66aygb5.jpghttp://i19.tinypic.com/4pt4c29.jpghttp://i15.tinypic.com/4qf9tup.jpghttp://i12.tinypic.com/4kmq1z4.jpg

ZEUSROTTY
06-10-07, 01:04 PM
I hate it when the windows pop... Hate it.

v-ape
06-10-07, 01:09 PM
Glad you're okay. Did the airbags go off? Side airbags?

heavymetals
06-10-07, 01:18 PM
Glad it is just car damage and your ok. :thumbsup:

LV_V
06-10-07, 01:29 PM
My airbags did not go off when I had a front right impact at speed as well, about 2 years ago. Hmmmm....

C66 Racing
06-10-07, 01:46 PM
Sorry to see your wrecked car... but the important thing is that you both walked away from this safely. The car can be repaired and/or replaced, but you both can't.

lawfive
06-10-07, 02:11 PM
Every single post here will repeat that we're sorry about your car, but that the important thing is that you and your girlfriend are okay. Because it's true. Sounds like you're doing fine now but if you start to stress about your car later, remember to keep it all in the right perspective.

urbanski
06-10-07, 02:20 PM
owie
she's totalled :(

type911
06-10-07, 02:45 PM
Need a lil superglue? Sorry to see that. Glad you are all ok. Have the Doc eprescribe you a new V. You will feel as right as rain.

Skeeter
06-10-07, 03:41 PM
A familiar tale...

I had nearly exactly the same thing happen to me a year or so back... Minding my own business, not even changing lanes, hit a pool of water (heavy rain @ the time) and the car spun like a top, launching me into the center divider at ~50 mph. Ouch. But yes, the CTS-V held up well, airbag hurt a bit but despite being a total loss she protected me quite well.

I fault the F1 runflats! I have NEVER had a car spin out like that in my life. It was as though the hand of god came down and spun the car, that's how 'out of nowhere' the whole thing was... Loved the CTS-V, only 4k miles when this happened :(

Curious how many other CTS-V owners have lost control of the car in wet weather. Glad you came out ok, hope they can fix up your car.

Skeeter

urbanski
06-10-07, 03:47 PM
yeah....wet weather....thats what made me crash...yup...damn rain

lonestranger
06-10-07, 03:58 PM
You just forgot what rain looked like, if has been the same there as it has been here:bouncy: Seriously though, like the others have already, as long as you and yours are OK, that's what counts!! A car is only metal - that's what the insurance is for!! If it does happen to be totalled, remember it lay down it's life to protect yours - you can't ask more than that, don't ya know!!:)

theloanman219
06-10-07, 08:04 PM
Dude WTF! How the hell did you walk away alright? Im sorry to hear that it is wrecked. You need to thank the heavens above that you are alright and find out what angel is on your shoulder.

gergreg
06-10-07, 09:03 PM
Every single post here will repeat that we're sorry about your car, but that the important thing is that you and your girlfriend are okay. Because it's true. Sounds like you're doing fine now but if you start to stress about your car later, remember to keep it all in the right perspective.

yeah, that

V-Love
06-10-07, 09:56 PM
yeah....wet weather....thats what made me crash...yup...damn rain

That and the bald tires....officer!

You must get a new one. You'll feel better and you'll drive it harder. After you wreck the first one, the second becomes a little more "just a car". But just a little.
I got airborne with mine. http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/img/wreckedv/wreckedv1.jpg
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/img/wreckedv/wreckedv2.jpg
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/img/wreckedv/wreckedv3.jpg
No side airbage. I don't think we really have them. My fronts were the only ones that went off. Thank God they did.
Once you make it out OK, wrecks are good.

JMBCTSV
06-11-07, 07:55 AM
Yikes, that is nasty. Glad you're all right.

June 3 at Mid Ohio rain poured down just as we rolled onto the track and we were on racing slicks. I was driving down the backstretch at about 90-100 mph and was obviously hydroplaning, some flowing water grabbed the RR tire and I did a textbook lazy 720 down the straightaway, just to wind up on the road facing straight ahead and drove away.

CIWS
06-11-07, 08:52 AM
Glad to hear ya'll both walked away from the accident, and sorry to hear the car got messed up.

What kind of tires were on the car ? Was it the F1 runflats ?

RightTurn
06-11-07, 08:56 AM
Sorry about ur baby, Starfox...but glad you're here to tell us about it. Now get shopping for that new one. :thumbsup:

HushH
06-11-07, 09:03 AM
Sorry about your car but glad you and your gf are okay. I'm a little concerned now at how many stories I've heard of the airbags not deploying, but if you walked away unharmed I guess they weren't really needed.

CTSV05
06-11-07, 09:54 AM
Sorry to hear, but as stated already.....glad you are fine.

As to the hydroplaning, this was a huge issue with the runcraps, and recently as Our tires are wearing, has come up a couple times, tires make a huge difference on these cars.

NIK
06-11-07, 10:44 AM
I don't mean to hijack this thread and I'm certainly glad both you and your gf are ok, but one of the main reasons I got rid of my F-1's (in addition to their short life span) was the lack of grip in wet and/or cold weather - I always thought they were absolutely dangerous in those conditions.

On a side note, I the latest edition of Road & Track does a report on their long term testing of the
Chrysler 300C SRT-8 and states that they would recommend staying with the F-1's because they got superior mileage to the RS-A's they replaced them with! They stated that they got 27,500 miles with the F-1's and only 7,800 miles with the RS-A's! WTF? Seems like it should be just the opposite based on the F-1 mileage reports we've gotten on this board. I myself am not an aggressive driver as it pertains to wheel spinning and burn-outs, and I had to replace my F-1's at 9,800 miles. Any comments?

CIWS
06-11-07, 10:50 AM
Any comments?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/109127-incredible-tire-life-goodyear-f1s.html

CIWS
06-12-07, 09:56 AM
Bump for Tire type ? Starfox what did you have on the car ?

FLCADDYADVISOR
06-12-07, 10:59 AM
Sorry to hear and see your car all wrecked up in person. That thing is almost scrap metal but who knows. I do know theres a used certicied one in the used car show room!!! See me if your interested if they total your car out and Ill get you a sweet deal. BTW..... If you do get a new one Id highly look into changing from ther service advisor you have now and you know its not me.

theloanman219
06-12-07, 11:24 AM
I got a PM from Dave yesterday and tried getting back with him but his inbox was full. They are going to fix it. $21k he will be without it for 6-8 weeks! so they booked it at $42k! damn

gene

z06bigbird
06-12-07, 12:25 PM
Glad you made it. If car is totaled, would you be interested in a YUGO?? LOL

JimmyH
06-12-07, 03:21 PM
In my short time with the V, I have discovered that F1 supercar are steller on dry pavement, aweful on wet pavement.

I think airbags will only deploy between certain speeds. I dont know what they are.

V-Love
06-12-07, 03:58 PM
I think airbags will only deploy between certain speeds. I dont know what they are.

I would love to know that. I completely smashed every side of my car. No side bags. Only fronts.

JimmyH
06-12-07, 04:24 PM
Sorry, I thought you said no airbags deployed, I guess I need to read better :)

I have to believe side curtain airbags only deploy on a direct side impact; as in someone t-bones you.

And I want to say (this number sticks in my head for some reason) that if your vehicle speed is above 75 mph at the time of impact, no airbags anywhere in the car will deploy. I tried to find verification on that, but I cannot seem to find it right now. I am almost certain I read that in some car magazine.