: Gen 3 Lockpick No Workie

403HP
06-09-07, 08:30 PM
I installed the Gen 3 lockpick tonight. Took about 45 minutes. However, I lost all screen displays. Everything, raido, nav, camera. I unpluged the black connector from the harness and put it back the way it was from the factory. I left the brown plug in the harness. All video worked but nothing was unlocked. Any ideas??? I am calling coastaletech Monday.

EXT_Vegas
06-10-07, 07:28 AM
That's why I don't like messing with that stuff. Hopefully nothing burned out. That will be an expensive fix if the dealer has to look at it. Let us know how it turns out.

403HP
06-10-07, 08:30 AM
Everything works fine when I take it out. When I install it, no screen.:rant2:

Hypo
06-10-07, 08:45 AM
Check the fuse in the main cable assembly that Coastal uses. The main cable assembly that I received two weeks ago, is apparently defective and keeps blowing the fuse whenever it is connected. I would guess that someone installed one of the wires to one of the plugs wrong. The fuse is is the little black 1 inch square box in the main cable assembly. If the fuse is blown, try another or contact Coastal for a replacement. They told me that they would send me a replacement, but it has been over a week, and I still have not received it. I will also be calling them Monday.

Hypo

403HP
06-11-07, 07:04 AM
Thanks Hypo. I will check the fuse today.

hcvone
06-11-07, 07:07 AM
I had the same thing happen when installing gen 2, it blacked out both of my 07's, unplugged them and all worked fine again. :(

403HP
06-11-07, 07:20 PM
A blown or broken fuse was all it was. I replaced it and all seems to be working as advertised.

Slade104
06-12-07, 06:58 AM
I Had The Same Problem. The Fuse Was Blown Though And Now Everything Works Perfect... Everything Is Unlocked And I Can Lock Everything Back Up With A Touch Of A Button!! Check The Fuse In The Lockpick Harness.

Hypo
06-14-07, 06:37 PM
I got my replacement unit from Coastal yesterday, installed it this morning. Once again it blew the fuse, this time I just put in a new fuse and it works.

It is a PITA to get all of the cables behind the unit to lay down where the plugs do not block full installation of the nav unit. I removed the AC panel from under the nav unit and was able to use my fingers to fish the cables down below the nav while pushing the nav back in.

The lockpick unit does unblock the DVD play, and pushing the window lock button four times will unlock the phone and nav commands that are normally grayed out when in drive and moving. The particular nav screens and phone screen will flash slightly, every few seconds, and the unit will relock those screens automatically after about 60 seconds.

The only thing that does NOT work as they described, is the command to push the window lock button once, in order to relock the DVD screen. When I tried that the DVD screen stayed unlocked. I will E-mail Coastal and see if they have an answer for that minor problem.

On another note, when playing a DVD the Dolby 5.1 sound system that is in the unit is awesome. I wish that XM was in Dolby 5.1.

Hypo

wookerNokturnal
06-14-07, 07:31 PM
dont have a clue..
but ask other they had issues with this problem as well

hcvone
06-15-07, 05:52 AM
I got my replacement unit from Coastal yesterday, installed it this morning. Once again it blew the fuse, this time I just put in a new fuse and it works.

It is a PITA to get all of the cables behind the unit to lay down where the plugs do not block full installation of the nav unit. I removed the AC panel from under the nav unit and was able to use my fingers to fish the cables down below the nav while pushing the nav back in.

The lockpick unit does unblock the DVD play, and pushing the window lock button four times will unlock the phone and nav commands that are normally grayed out when in drive and moving. The particular nav screens and phone screen will flash slightly, every few seconds, and the unit will relock those screens automatically after about 60 seconds.

The only thing that does NOT work as they described, is the command to push the window lock button once, in order to relock the DVD screen. When I tried that the DVD screen stayed unlocked. I will E-mail Coastal and see if they have an answer for that minor problem.

On another note, when playing a DVD the Dolby 5.1 sound system that is in the unit is awesome. I wish that XM was in Dolby 5.1.

Hypo

Yes 5.1 DVD music discs are great sounding. :thumbsup: