Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1958 Cadillac Fleetwood ElCamino style?? (56K beware)

4K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  N0DIH 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, this is an oddity. Apparently a custom job from an old, probably very rare now, 58 Fleetwood Flower Car.

(yup, and my Fleetwood is in the background there...)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)

(why yes, that is my Ferrari Razr V6 Maxx in the reflection... Thanks for noticing! And that is a nice mid 80's Eldo with the stainless steel roof in the background too)

#3 ·
There is some cool artwork as well as Impala SS wheels on the Vette in the background... Click here to see and here to see. Very cool....

#4 ·
Lookit all them Caddies!!

#6 ·
It's the 1958 Fleetwood EXT.

G
#8 ·
Yeah it ugly but still kinda cool. I like weird stuff like this. I'm actually trying to purchase an '84 Cutlass Ciera convertible just cause I never saw one before. Kind of a beater but I'm trying to get the price down to $800. We'll see.

#9 ·
'84 Ciera Convertible?! Never even heard of those, must be one of those one off ASC jobs. I'd assume it's a Coupe, am I right?

G
#10 · (Edited)
I dont know if it was ASC that did it but it was offered through dealers. As I understand it there were less than 300 made. This car would be junkyard material if were not for it being a convertible but if the owner accepts my offer I'll use it as a beach car for awhile then spruce it up a little and sell it. Doubt owner will take my offer though, he's asking $1800 but it needs a new top, new paint, interior work and a water pump so I think my offer is fair. Here's a few pics of the car in question.

#11 ·
Wow, that's cool, even got the floor shifter too. What's in it...the 2.5L "Iron Duke" 4 banger or the 2.8 V6?

#12 ·
Make get lucky and get a 3.8L... Those Cutlass Ciera's with the 3.8L (150hp) flew, I drove one once and was quite pleased with the fun factor....

#13 ·
Yeah, I remember seeing that they used those for a few years but IIRC, it wasn't introduced until like '87 and it only lasted thru '89 or so.

#14 ·
I had to move the photos around, if anyone wants them back just let me know....

#15 ·
wait - you've got to be kidding me about the 3.8 litre being fast. I have a freshly built one with just over 1k on the clock in my '84 Cutlass supreme, and it is not fast. Or powerful. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE driving that car, and I love how it looks. But fast? Please explain.

Here she is, in case you're curious.

And yes! Please bring the pictures back, I didn't get to see them.

#16 ·
The 3.8L "3" engine IIRC was 150hp, and in the light weight Cutlass Ciera hot rod version (IS or something like that) was flat out a BALL to run hard. It boogied real good.

If you want an upgrade, a friend of mine is trying to sell his 83 Regal with a factory "K" 4.1L V6, aka the 252, 4BBL and all....

That is a sharp Cutlass, I miss mine, I had an 85 and sold it years ago, it was my dad's, he bought it new. We needed the $ and had too many cars, and it was dying from rust. Not bad looking yet, but it was working on it, I kept trying to fix, but it needed more than I knew how to do. But I had all 442 underpinnings and a 350 Olds and the 2.56 gear (that was the "tow package" gear!! 4000# tow rating for a 307! It screamed. I had modded the E4MC carb, 9C1 shocks, home made dual snorkel air cleaner that looked factory with under bumper ram air (classic Cutlass 442's all had...), I added the Rally Pac gauges. If you ever saw Cannonball Run 2, there is a scene that the bad mob guys were in a Cutlass getting ready to catch someone, mine was a twin save 1 thing, the rear spoiler, mine didn't have... color and all, the light metallic green.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.