: ground control... How many threads do you have showing in the rear?

ZEUSROTTY
06-09-07, 11:01 AM
Just looking for a good starting point, so i dont have a ton of adjusting to do...

rand49er
06-09-07, 11:16 AM
I just went to look at mine, but couldn't see it too well. As I recall, the collar is adjusted so that not many threads are left at the top ... maybe a half inch or so?

Too lazy here, right now, but do search for thread by ronr (Ron) from early October '06 ... it might show and tell you more info. Ron's writeup was instrumental for me in getting the darn kit on. :thumbsup:

ZEUSROTTY
06-09-07, 11:32 AM
yeah, i used it from the faq... it is posted there. I did the rears in about 40 minutes, and now i need to adjust them... Going to try to get the fronts done today also, but i may have to wait untill next weekend... On the way to grainger now to find washers....

tweeter81
06-09-07, 12:05 PM
I have zero (0) threads showing in the rear. I originally had it so there was about 1/2" of threads showing and that was way too high. So, basically it is almost as low as the adjustable top mount will allow in the back. It looks great but with my setup (wider wheels and tires in back) it does rub sometimes with even just one 150 pound person in the back. I drive the car alone 99% of the time and never notice any rubbing with the setup. Although I haven't been to the track with the rear this low (I was on a road course about 2 months ago with the back about 3/4" higher) but I don't believe that the rears will rub since on the track and during "spirited" driving most of the weight will transfer to the front on cornering. That's just my two cents, if you plan to have passengers in the back of the V often (but this might not be an issue of you are running stock size wheels and tires in the rear), I would leave about 1/4" to 1/2" of threads showing and go from there. Hope this helps.

Seattle CTS-V
06-09-07, 12:17 PM
I also have no threads showing in the rear. I have about 4 threads showing in the front. I have the stock wheels w/ 245s in front and 275s in back. I never rub. I do, however, bottom out going over some speed bumps if I'm going too fast.

ronr
06-09-07, 01:46 PM
I'm also close to zero in the rear and about 4 in the front. 255's all the way around with no rubbing.