: New Nav Disc Available 8/1/7

sotxmike
06-07-07, 11:11 PM
Got the offer yesterday from GM Nav Disc Center for disc upgrade for $129.00 if ordered by 7/31/7. Then the person on the line told me a new version was being released for sale 1st of August. I asked her if the current ones are on sale to get rid of them at the "blowout" and she said yes :eek: . So buy 'em while they're cheap and obsolete :thumbsup:

jpoole
06-07-07, 11:20 PM
Ohhhh, I am so PISSED off. I bought 2 weeks ago for 199!!!!!! If anyone wants the firmware update CD let me know. I may can arrange a download....

andrew-gg
06-07-07, 11:35 PM
I'm in need of the firmware update CD.

jpoole
06-07-07, 11:41 PM
I'm in need of the firmware update CD.

PM me your email and I will let you know something tomorrow. I can't PM cause I don't have 20 posts.

urbanski
06-08-07, 08:33 AM
PM me your email and I will let you know something tomorrow. I can't PM cause I don't have 20 posts.

actually, PMs are enabled for supporters. sometimes the script does not work, but you are all set now.

additionally, check the sticky above (nobody reads stickies) for firmware info

odla
06-08-07, 11:03 AM
hey sotxmike can you post up contact info for GM Nav Disc center. I want to call and try to get one. Thanks

andrew-gg
06-08-07, 11:21 AM

I also can't PM because I don't have 20 posts. You can e-mail me at:

andrew-g@rogers.com

Thanks

heavymetals
06-08-07, 12:44 PM
If you are done with the flash CD's, please return them. :rant2:

There are other people who would like to use them.

Reed and I did this to help fellow V owners, but there are some real PINHEADS among us who are being selfish and inconsiderate.

jpoole
06-08-07, 08:46 PM

Reed and I did this to help fellow V owners, but there are some real PINHEADS among us who are being selfish and inconsiderate.

If you want another I will send it to you and you can put it in the mix.

CTSV_Rob
06-08-07, 08:47 PM
Since I have a 07 V I am supposed to get free updates but I have received nothing. I contacted the GM Nav disk department and they told me you need to register to get these disks and I had not registered. I think the dealer should take care of this or at least let me know I have to do this. Funny thing is they have my VIN number and they even know when I purchased the car.

I am registered now and he was going to send me an obsolete disk for my first "Free" disk. Since I have had the car since October I should have gotten the disk then because there was an update and I have the old one.

I have "negotiated" with them to send me the next update as my first and they told me "The next update wasn't until next September not this September, sometimes they skip a year" I think they told me this to try and get me to take the obsolete one. Kind of sneaky if this is true :tisk: , I hope it's not.

Is this next update only for the 04 and 05's or is good for all of the V's?

sotxmike
06-08-07, 10:20 PM
hey sotxmike can you post up contact info for GM Nav Disc center. I want to call and try to get one. Thanks

GM Nav Disc Web Site: www.gmnavdisc.com (http://www.gmnavdisc.com)
Or 1-877-628-3472
Source code:S3L7CTO7US

Good Luck :thumbsup:

heavymetals
06-08-07, 10:27 PM
Next update and past updates work IF the unit has been reflashed.

This is for the 04 and early 05 models.

However, the nav disc is not cross compatible across the Cadillac platforms.

dvandentop
06-08-07, 10:30 PM
PM Me if anyone has the firmware cd files available and i can rip and host them to a website for downloading

dvandentop@Msn.com

thanks

heavymetals
06-08-07, 10:35 PM
It does no good to have the files.

The CD flash disc has hidden tracks that do not allow the disc to be duplicated (at least with any program out there that I know of) in a manner that will work in the unit.

The hidden tracks set up the loader and bios flash utilities (my guess).

Be my guest though.

By the way, the true proof of the pudding is sticking the backup in the unit and seeing it get recognized by the unit.
Several people here have bragged about copying it, but then find out it doesn't work.:thepan:

Trust me on this one.

sefa01
06-11-07, 12:03 PM
Dumb question (I think): Do you need the reflash if you purchase the updated NAV disc?

I'm thinking of buying the current disc for $129. It will still be newer than the original I have for my 04.

dqw1
06-11-07, 02:42 PM

Did you get the disk I mailed?

heavymetals
06-11-07, 02:52 PM
Did you get the disk I mailed?

I believe I did and thank you very much! :thumbsup:

It went right back out also.