: STS headlights in a CTS?

The Hog
06-07-07, 10:04 PM
Just curious if anyone has tried swaping a pair of STS headlights into a CTS? I really dig how they are HID's for the high and low side. They sure look the same physically, just curious if anyone has tried or knows if this would be a possiblity?

lawfive
06-07-07, 10:09 PM
I tried this, but with the excess power created by the generator on my supercharged LS6, the dual HID's formed collimated annular beams that sliced into the car ahead of me. Okay if I'm following the right people, but disconcerting and depressing when innocent strangers are involved.

(Okay... no.)

Jon
06-07-07, 10:17 PM
Errr, they don't look the same at all shape wise.

The Tony Show
06-07-07, 10:27 PM
I tried this, but with the excess power created by the generator on my supercharged LS6, the dual HID's formed collimated annular beams that sliced into the car ahead of me. Okay if I'm following the right people, but disconcerting and depressing when innocent strangers are involved.

(Okay... no.)

Haha. That's more effort than I've put into a goofball post in a long time. Bravo.

lawfive
06-07-07, 11:19 PM
Heh. If you've already got 'collimated' and 'annular' in your pocket, it's a breeze.

bpitas
06-08-07, 02:19 PM
Did someone make $5 by using "Annular" in a sentence? We used to make those bets in customer meetings all the time... :-)

-B

JimmyH
06-08-07, 09:48 PM
Search the internet, you can buy xenon hi-lo projectors that you could swap with your low beam projectors. I believe Hella is considered the best, and they blow away the projectors that Cadillac uses.