: Forza 2 has a nifty car editor

The Tony Show
06-07-07, 10:08 PM
I picked up Forza Motorsport 2 for the Xbox 360, and I have to say it's a great racing sim. Very good physics, realistic car damage and a great selection of tracks (Laguna, Road Atlanta, Nurburgring Nordschleiffe- even Sebring!). If you like racing sims, I'd say check it out. :thumbsup:

Now for the neat part:

The game features a "vinyl" editor that allows you to take basic geometric shapes of any color, stretch or skew them to the desired shape (racing stripes, pinstripes, two-tone paint, etc..) and stick them on the car. You can "stack" up to 4,000 layers of vinyl, meaning you can get really creative with your shapes and colors and make some really cool stuff. I decided to see if I could give my CTS-V the 2007 World Challenge paint scheme. Here's a few grainy shots from my TV:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Firebomba/DSC00249.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Firebomba/DSC00250.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Firebomba/stickersclose.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Firebomba/DSC00251.jpg

That took about 12 hours of real work to complete. All of the stickers (OnStar, Piloti, XM, cadillac.com, SCCA, Toyo, RACER magazine and the #8 placard on the door) were made from scratch by me. It took about 1000 individual layers to achieve the final result, most on the small stickers. The "side pipes" sticking out the bottom are just 2D stickers I arranged to give a fake 3D look, as the car is a street CTS-V, not the Race version.

I'm not much for the "Look at me bragging" threads, but this bastard took some time and I'm pretty proud of the result. :D

If anyone wants to see or get smoked by this car in high def (in game), send a race invite to my screen name (same as here, "The Tony Show").

That is all.

Jon
06-07-07, 10:10 PM
You're THIS close to making me go spend a crap load of money for a xbox360

austin
06-07-07, 10:12 PM
yea.. not bad, looks very good.. too bad they didn't pay attention to the details of the real "V", and use the six lug wheels.. Oh well, it's only a game, how are the designers to know. :)

bossplayer
06-07-07, 10:12 PM
There is a bug on the front of your car.

The Tony Show
06-07-07, 10:16 PM
The in-game V actually has the correct 6 lug wheels, but if you buy the "lightweight wheel" upgrade it switches to 5 lug (whoops). There's something like 300 wheels to choose from, all real makes and styles (Volk, Motegi, Asanti, Kosei, Enkei, etc....)

Pretty friggin' cool game.

rand49er
06-07-07, 10:43 PM
... That took about 12 hours of real work to complete. ...Uh, Tony, looks really good ... really good, you know? ... uh, honestly, friend to friend, Tony, you need to see somebody about this ... this Cadillac thing you have ... Tony, 12 hours? ... you need a gf or ...

The Tony Show
06-07-07, 11:17 PM
Uh, Tony, looks really good ... really good, you know? ... uh, honestly, friend to friend, Tony, you need to see somebody about this ... this Cadillac thing you have ... Tony, 12 hours? ... you need a gf or ...

Wife and son are gone in Ohio with the In-Laws. Drinking of beer and making of custom paint schemes ensues.

Kmajecki
06-07-07, 11:37 PM
Man looks great! I'm wanting an xbox360 too now! Would be fun to race each other. Unfortunately for the same price i just purchased the UUC.... Maybe for christmas haha

The Tony Show
06-08-07, 09:50 AM
Cool- I discovered late last night that the game lets you upload photos taken in-game to the Forza Web Site. Here's some better quality pics:

*edited* (you couldn't see the pictures without being logged in as me)

This game is sweet. You guys seriously need 360s so we can race. :D

RamAir02
06-08-07, 10:03 AM
links no workie

...just a bunch of computer language shows up

The Tony Show
06-08-07, 10:12 AM
Here they are.

P-Funk
06-08-07, 10:18 AM
Awesome. Looks great. I guess I should look into gett that game.

atdeneve
06-08-07, 10:46 AM
Good job Tony. That's 12 hours well spent. Yeah, if you're a dork! Haha! Take a look at the tags at the bottom of the page (for the keyword search). That's genius, whoever embedded that tidbit there. Hehe. S'good for a chuckle.

I was just tellin myself that I gotta pick that game up this week. Forza s'good ish. PGR3 s'not really my thing. More accustomed to a realistic physics engine.

But man, Tony, 12 hours? Spendin more time playing pixel painter than playing the simulator, are we?

I bet the V seems to suck in the game, considering all the other fancy pants cars you get to play with. I know, in the first one, I hardly, if ever, used the V. I think I just tried it once to see how it was and it was like, umkay, I'm gonna have to say no.

I'm gonna get it today, though. Not really gonna have a chance to play it much, but I'm a get it.

The Tony Show
06-08-07, 10:53 AM
I embedded the "Imafreakingdork" tag :D.

The V has a very different feel than most of the cars in the game, which is realistic because of the weight. It's hard to find the balance between understeer and 4-wheel drifting (which happens a lot if you try and rotate the car with the throttle). I'm tweaking the settings on the sway bars, tire pressures and suspension to try and get 'er set up right, but this game is painfully realistic- the only way to drive the V well is to be smooth on the throttle coming out of the corners.

sjk
06-08-07, 10:55 AM
This game was pretty much 90% of the reason I bought my xbox 360, and I have not been disappointed. Great physics, great graphics, but more than anything just a ton of fun!

Tony, Nice job designing the V, you definitely have more talent than I in the livery editor. I sent you a friend request last night. 'SJJakker' on Xbox Live if any other V owners are up for races.

-sjk

The Tony Show
06-08-07, 11:14 AM
Tony, Nice job designing the V, you definitely have more talent than I in the livery editor. I sent you a friend request last night. 'SJJakker' on Xbox Live if any other V owners are up for races.

-sjk

Thanks for the FR- I'll accept it tonight so we can race.

I'm a sucker for photo editors. Put anything in front of me that's customizable and I'll spend hours on it. Gotta look good when I'm passing people, you know? :thumbsup:

nikon
06-08-07, 11:36 AM
I'll send you a friend request tonight...I played with the V for a while, but s-class to S-class online it just didn't stack up against the AWD cars....I am however about 3 pro races away from winning the race cts-v...that should be fun, otherwise I'll hand you your ass with my 800hp skyline :D

oh ya, I'm nikon858 on Live.....

what class is your V anyways? U probably?

The Tony Show
06-08-07, 11:43 AM
I'll send you a friend request tonight...I played with the V for a while, but s-class to S-class online it just didn't stack up against the AWD cars....I am however about 3 pro races away from winning the race cts-v...that should be fun, otherwise I'll hand you your ass with my 800hp skyline :D

oh ya, I'm nikon858 on Live.....

what class is your V anyways? U probably?

I think it's in A after my mods (exhaust, suspension, brakes, race tires+wheels, transmission). I don't do too many power mods, mostly handling.

I hate the damn AWD drive cars. I'm doing the Audi challenge right now and can't wait to be done. They may get me off the line, but a good "slow-in, fast-out" line (I like to go in high and "chop" the apex) and I'll run their ass down in the straight.

As far as the Skyline, I'll run you with a 400hp car as long as it's not a track like NY. I dominate with my 160hp Civic- it's all about car control, baby! :D

nikon
06-08-07, 11:51 AM
In that case I'll take you with my scooby :D

PAW 47
06-08-07, 02:04 PM
Nice work bud looks sweet!! So wheres mine??? Thats okay I did find a Charger with 1092hp. I'm still getting the handling down on it.

You playing golf Sunday or coming to autocross?? I could use a tire warmer..

The Tony Show
06-08-07, 02:25 PM
You playing golf Sunday or coming to autocross?? I could use a tire warmer..

Ha. Ha. Hardy har. :thepan:

I think the only racing against you I'll be doing this weekend is Forza. You know that the Golf is pretty much non-negotiable. Besides, I'm so out of practice Autocrossing you'd demolish me.

The wife's out of town until Monday though, so if you want to get together on Saturday we can kill some beers. You've got the number.

PAW 47
06-08-07, 02:41 PM
Ha. Ha. Hardy har. :thepan:

I think the only racing against you I'll be doing this weekend is Forza. You know that the Golf is pretty much non-negotiable. Besides, I'm so out of practice Autocrossing you'd demolish me.

The wife's out of town until Monday though, so if you want to get together on Saturday we can kill some beers. You've got the number.

Man what a joy kill :bouncy: . I'll hit you up later I think I'm stuck with the G/F Sat. I may bring her up tho..

dvandentop
06-08-07, 10:28 PM
very nice!

i might need to get one! now

dfloros
02-22-09, 12:24 AM
Your car is beautiful. Do you have any tuning tips?

smokisnshellz
02-22-09, 12:36 AM
Thats pretty sweet. Ihad 4 V's on my forza and they were erased by a red ring od death:crybaby: But oh well his inspired me to start my career over! although you gotta long way to go the guys on the forza auction are AMAZING!!:worship:great car though

thebigjimsho
02-22-09, 04:22 AM
My V is faster...

KaMaSuTrA
02-23-09, 11:26 PM
Wow...now thats dedication!

smokisnshellz
02-24-09, 11:50 AM
Thats odd I went on the auction house and found like 20 of that car Matter of fact i bought one saved 12 hours like you. if you created it you wasted your time you coulda bought it. And im thinkin you did buy it dont claim someone work as your own thats lame.:tisk: