: Bottom line on which IPOD integration kit is best

jamesswartz
06-07-07, 08:19 PM
I recently bought an '07 Escalade and have used this forum to research ipod integration. It looks like Peripheral has some issues on displaying titles and artists. Are there any problems with iConnect or Neucleus? Can anyone give me info on which is the best purchase and where to buy? I emailed GMgeek but have yet to receive a reply. Thanks.

hcvone
06-08-07, 06:51 AM
GMG (GM Geek) said a better kit will be out soon, I have the Neucleus kit and it has worked pretty good for me.

dbspcl
09-13-07, 07:53 PM
gm_geek is a scam artist, plain and simple. He got my money, had me return the unit (promising a replacement) and after that - NOTHING for the last 6 months.

Anyway, BEWARE of gm_geek. Buy nothing from this guy!!!

hcvone
09-14-07, 07:35 AM
Well that is not good, I just e-mailed him. :(

hal72
09-14-07, 08:51 AM
to repeat myself. I bought the neucleus from ebay. very happy. 5 min install, work very good and you get the name, playlist etc on you display and you can controll it with the steering wheel buttons.

Daryl in KY
09-14-07, 09:32 AM
I jsut received a Neucleus NC-X2i for my '05. I haven't had time to install yet. I initially wanted to buy it through Crutchfield or Logjam. Crutchfield only carries the Lan version, which is for the '07. Logjam's price was about $190 plus shipping. That price included the cable. But they e-mialed back that they were out of stock. So I bought the unit on Amazon.com for $120, plus $25 for the cable, plus shipping. The unit was shipped from a 3rd party associated with Amazon. The place that supplied the unit was shipsound.com. I got the unit as promised, but their communication was really poor. I went with Amazon as I had some trust in them if something went wrong. Usually Amazon is good with communication, but that doesn't extend to their 3rd part suppliers. I ended up paying less, but am sacrificing getting help if that need arises.

The Neucleus unit and cable are packaged separately. I must say that the documentation leaves a lot to be desired. If it wasn't for the information on this site and the Logjam site, I would be at a loss on how to install. The installation is very easy if you have XM like the newer Lades do, but you wouldn't know that from the documents that I received. I haven't installed or set the unit up yet. I don't think that I will have a problem installing. The set-up instructions are bare bones at most and some may be intimidated.

It will be a week before I will be able to report back on how everything goes. I'm sure that the unit will work as described.

I don't know if this helped. But it is what I have experienced so far. If the unit works on my '05, I will probably explore getting one for the wife's Passat. But I'm not sure if they make a cable for her vehicle.

psalmist
09-15-07, 10:28 PM
Daryl,

Let me know if you have any issues with your cd changer after the install.

david

gort
10-10-07, 12:04 PM
Since I got rid of my 2004 I put my neucleus in the classifieds if anyone wants to try one for much cheaper than the new price. (Mods delete this post if I am breaking rules!)

hcvone
10-10-07, 12:31 PM
You are fine. :)

beavs17
10-10-07, 01:20 PM
Since I got rid of my 2004 I put my neucleus in the classifieds if anyone wants to try one for much cheaper than the new price. (Mods delete this post if I am breaking rules!)

Gort - I am interested in the Nucleus, but can't find the classified post. Can you shoot me a PM?

beavs17
10-10-07, 01:28 PM

LOL...sorry Gort, got your PM but I don't have 20 posts so I can't respond. Can you email me at hebard@4j.lane.edu

Thanks!

gort
10-10-07, 02:13 PM
Gort - I am interested in the Nucleus, but can't find the classified post. Can you shoot me a PM?

Done! :)

Daryl in KY
10-10-07, 03:56 PM
Daryl,

Let me know if you have any issues with your cd changer after the install.

david

I haven't had any issues with my CD changer. I don't have the rear intertainment option. I have seen reports on other sites that talk about CD issues when there is the rear intertainment option. There is a 6" cable with some kind of electronics that is supposed to be used in conjunction with the cable that plugs into the XM radio when the rear intertainment is involved. But I don't have that option, so I can't confirm or deny that issue.

I have had issues with the the unit giving supposed warnings that the Stability system is disabled. Neucleus has assured me that the messages are in error and that they are working on a fix.

It has taken me a while to learn how to navigate through the song list on my Ipod using the radio controls. I'm still not to the point that I would say that it is easy, but there are over 300 songs that my wife has on it. With a little more experience I will get better navigating from the radio controls. I believe that how the songs are organized on the Ipod can make it easy or difficult to nagigate through the songs, which isn't a fault of the Neucleus unit.

The user instructions that come with the Neucleus wiring harness leave a lot to be desired. I hear that Neucleus is working on that.

There have been times when I have heard clicking sounds and spark plug or alternator whine. But it is not all the time and it was not loud. I have seen comments on other forums about these issues happening when the Ipod was charging. I haven't determined if that is what is going on with my unit or not and it hasn't happened the last few times.

I still think that the unit is a good way to connect the Ipod, provided the issue with error messages gets worked out. It is really easy to connect the unit to the XM radio and be up and running. And I understand how difficult it is to be up to speed on all the electronic variations between options and model years on today's vehicles. It's a wonder that any aftermarket electronic devices work with any degree of success.

hal72
10-11-07, 03:17 AM
I haven't had any issues with my CD changer. I don't have the rear intertainment option. I have seen reports on other sites that talk about CD issues when there is the rear intertainment option. There is a 6" cable with some kind of electronics that is supposed to be used in conjunction with the cable that plugs into the XM radio when the rear intertainment is involved. But I don't have that option, so I can't confirm or deny that issue.

I have had issues with the the unit giving supposed warnings that the Stability system is disabled. Neucleus has assured me that the messages are in error and that they are working on a fix.

It has taken me a while to learn how to navigate through the song list on my Ipod using the radio controls. I'm still not to the point that I would say that it is easy, but there are over 300 songs that my wife has on it. With a little more experience I will get better navigating from the radio controls. I believe that how the songs are organized on the Ipod can make it easy or difficult to nagigate through the songs, which isn't a fault of the Neucleus unit.

The user instructions that come with the Neucleus wiring harness leave a lot to be desired. I hear that Neucleus is working on that.

There have been times when I have heard clicking sounds and spark plug or alternator whine. But it is not all the time and it was not loud. I have seen comments on other forums about these issues happening when the Ipod was charging. I haven't determined if that is what is going on with my unit or not and it hasn't happened the last few times.

I still think that the unit is a good way to connect the Ipod, provided the issue with error messages gets worked out. It is really easy to connect the unit to the XM radio and be up and running. And I understand how difficult it is to be up to speed on all the electronic variations between options and model years on today's vehicles. It's a wonder that any aftermarket electronic devices work with any degree of success.

I agree with you 100% and I have had exact the same problem. But I have now taken the unit out until a fixed unit come. I hope AI fix this soon because I also think it is a good intergration kit.

beavs17
10-14-07, 12:11 AM
Done! :)

Hey Gort, got your second PM. I can't PM, so can you email me at pstfreak17@gmail.com

SuperC1
10-30-07, 10:23 PM
I have the same problem with my nucleus, its really annoying. It shuts of the traction control, the stability system, and its even unlocks the doors while I'm driving sometimes, it makes you wonder... :hmm:
Other than that it works fine...

hal72
10-31-07, 07:19 AM
I have now taken the neucelus adapter out!! got sick of the system waring etc. If AI not coming with a fix soon, I think I would go for another adapter.