: Mallett V

mike041357
06-07-07, 08:18 AM
I'm sure you guys checked out the Mallett V on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1&viewitem=&item=290126348300.

I spoke with the guy selling and he's dropped his reserve to $50K so it'll probably go this time. If I can't get it, I'd like to see it go to a forum member.

tweeter81
06-07-07, 10:01 AM
Mike,

I would love to see you get this car. Maybe you can get it before the meet and then you would definitely have the baddest car there.

mike041357
06-07-07, 12:39 PM
Yeah, I'd love to have it too. And I think the price is pretty good for what you're getting. Hang on to it for a few and see what you could do at Barrett-Jackson.

Unfortunately, it's not in the cards for me. My parents shipped me their '77 Corvette with 28K miles that has been sitting in their garage for 30 years. Great shape, but.....anything made of rubber or plastic (except the interior) is shot. And if it's got a seal in it, it's leaking. My wife is wringing my neck on the bucks I'm spending just to get it driveable. And I just ordered a Corsa for the V (which she doesn't know about, yet).

I plan to keep in touch with the Mallett guy in case it doesn't sell.

Are we still on for the end of the month?

dvandentop
06-07-07, 03:31 PM
damn that would be a bad ass V to have well worth the added cost of being used

1QUICKV
06-07-07, 05:16 PM
the vett is a nice car i think the 77 is the besyt body. My father has a white one fully re done

ahahnu
06-07-07, 05:18 PM
I love watching the Mallett video where it shoots out fire. Good luck.

tweeter81
06-07-07, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I'd love to have it too. And I think the price is pretty good for what you're getting. Hang on to it for a few and see what you could do at Barrett-Jackson.

Unfortunately, it's not in the cards for me. My parents shipped me their '77 Corvette with 28K miles that has been sitting in their garage for 30 years. Great shape, but.....anything made of rubber or plastic (except the interior) is shot. And if it's got a seal in it, it's leaking. My wife is wringing my neck on the bucks I'm spending just to get it driveable. And I just ordered a Corsa for the V (which she doesn't know about, yet).

Yep. The meet is on for the 24th of the month. I will be posting periodically to update the thread and hopefully get a litttle more interest.

CTSV05
06-12-07, 12:43 PM
Beautiful ride, wonders how long the rear will last driving it as its meant to be driven.....lol

Good Luck!!

lunarx
06-13-07, 07:41 PM
Yo Guys.

I just bid on and won the Mallet CTS-V.

Are there any members out in PA that can validate the car before I arrange payment?

Please.:bouncy:

If so let me know.
I'm off to see Roger Waters right now but I'll check back here as soon as I return.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

2004ctsv
06-13-07, 07:56 PM
Yo Guys.

I just bid on and won the Mallet CTS-V.

Are there any members out in PA that can validate the car before I arrange payment?

Please.:bouncy:

If so let me know.
I'm off to see Roger Waters right now but I'll check back here as soon as I return.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

I'm just a couple miles from New Kensington. I can make the trip so let me know. The worst problem is that Oakmont CC is between me and New Ken.

Falkolade
06-13-07, 08:06 PM
well at 51k the mallett was a steal even though its an 04... good buy!!!

mike041357
06-13-07, 10:56 PM
Well, I'm glad to see it went to a forum member. I'd really like to hear how it runs as a daily driver. It's an '05 BTW. And a smokin' deal. Congrats...

lunarx
06-14-07, 03:39 AM
I'm just a couple miles from New Kensington. I can make the trip so let me know. The worst problem is that Oakmont CC is between me and New Ken.

2004ctsv, that would be awesome if you could check out the car for me.
I'll PM you the info I have so far.

If anyone else is also able to lend an eye, it would be appreciated.

rand49er
06-14-07, 05:52 AM
WOW! :highfive:

Congrats, Ernie!!!

atdeneve
06-14-07, 09:08 AM
Looks like I'm gonna be makin a trip to my neighbor state today.

"Hi, my names Ernie. I'd like to pick up my car now."

Sorry man. Hate to do it to ya. But I gotstadoit. I just gotsta.

The Tony Show
06-14-07, 09:12 AM
^ That's just wrong.

LunarX- congrats on a vicious ride. Make sure to post up some pics and vids, and for god's sake put a 90mm FAST on that thing as soon as possible! :D

atdeneve
06-14-07, 10:03 AM
Oh, pish posh. He'll get over it.

tweeter81
06-14-07, 10:06 AM
2004ctsv, that would be awesome if you could check out the car for me.
I'll PM you the info I have so far.

If anyone else is also able to lend an eye, it would be appreciated.

Awesome, I know the car has found a great home. Now get that beast out on the track and kick the snot out of everything else out there.

C.J.

lunarx
06-14-07, 10:34 AM
I'll be sure to keep all of you posted on just how much of a beast the car is.
It should be a real fun ride. :yup:

I have Mike to thank for the scoop on the car. :thumbsup:
It's definetly a deal that was too good to pass up.

So atdeneve how close are you to PA?
Do PM me if you are within a resonable distance.
I think you have convinced me that I should plan a trip out that way soon. :bonkers:

C-TX-V
06-14-07, 11:50 AM
"Listed in the NADA Book of car values for the base conversion. Mallett Cars Ltd. Is the only Super Tuner Converter to have this prestigious listing. The NADA listing is for the base conversion and does not including the additional conversion equipment added as listed below beyond the base car."

Huh??? THAT certainly did wonders for its resale value!! Mullet makes a good car, but he has always been ridiculously priced. That package should have been $25K tops when it was new!

atdeneve
06-14-07, 12:01 PM
If it was around Philly, it'd be a hop, skip, and a jump on over there. And I would be there as we speak. But it's out by Pittsburgh, a lil over 360 miles west of me. Maybe 5-6 hours.

Tell you what, I'll go check it out and then bring it back round my place for safe keeping. How's that sound? Wait, ya think he'll sell it to me if I drop by his doorstep with 50 in cash at hand? Whaddayathink? Me? I tink so! Yah, ah dew.
Uh-oh. Duuuhn duwit, Andre.
Nhhoooe, ees ghud. Dew eet! Dew weet, mehn!
Nho, duhn duwit.
Andele, andele, arriba, arriba! Jas dew eet mahn! Uuuh, uKay.

lunarx
06-14-07, 12:10 PM
"Listed in the NADA Book of car values for the base conversion. Mallett Cars Ltd. Is the only Super Tuner Converter to have this prestigious listing. The NADA listing is for the base conversion and does not including the additional conversion equipment added as listed below beyond the base car."

Huh??? THAT certainly did wonders for its resale value!! Mullet makes a good car, but he has always been ridiculously priced. That package should have been $25K tops when it was new!

The only people to blame for our resale value problems are the folks staffing/training the Dealer Service Departments (Lindsay Excluded). :rant2:
If they would have just taken care of their customers the V would never have got a bad rap from frustrated owners.
Fears of service department nightmares are what make people reluctant to buy used V's, as frustrated owners continue to dump them.

We know these are great cars but just need attention from competent mechanics on ocassion.
If GM gets past this hurdle they could dominate again.
Oh well enough dreaming. :bigroll:

OldRoadDawg
06-14-07, 12:45 PM
If it was around Philly, it'd be a hop, skip, and a jump on over there. And I would be there as we speak. But it's out by Pittsburgh, a lil over 360 miles west of me. Maybe 5-6 hours.

Tell you what, I'll go check it out and then bring it back round my place for safe keeping. How's that sound? Wait, ya think he'll sell it to me if I drop by his doorstep with 50 in cash at hand? Whaddayathink? Me? I tink so! Yah, ah dew.
Uh-oh. Duuuhn duwit, Andre.
Nhhoooe, ees ghud. Dew eet! Dew weet, mehn!
Nho, duhn duwit.
Andele, andele, arriba, arriba! Jas dew eet mahn! Uuuh, uKay.
Sorry Atdeneve, I'm about 75 miles east of the Pittsburgh area. I'll pick it up for Lunarx and drive it to SoCal. Then I can visit with all my old buddies while I'm out there. Uh-h... that is just as soon as Lunarx sends me a credit card to pay for the gas. :histeric:

C-TX-V
06-14-07, 03:04 PM
The only people to blame for our resale value problems are the folks staffing/training the Dealer Service Departments (Lindsay Excluded). :rant2:
If they would have just taken care of their customers the V would never have got a bad rap from frustrated owners.
Fears of service department nightmares are what make people reluctant to buy used V's, as frustrated owners continue to dump them.

We know these are great cars but just need attention from competent mechanics on ocassion.
If GM gets past this hurdle they could dominate again.
Oh well enough dreaming. :bigroll:
I tend to agree with you on the CTS-V, but I would also say that GM has a systemic issue with depreciation on all of its cars.
Best of luck with the new Mullett V.

Pegasus04
06-14-07, 04:18 PM
Lunarx, congratulations! You got a great car.:thumbsup: Now, when you said you were off to meet with Roger Waters, were you talking about the Roger Waters of Pink Floyd fame?:worship: I had to ask.

lunarx
06-14-07, 09:51 PM
Yes, Roger Waters concert at the Hollywood Bowl.
I wouldn't say I met him but did catch a great show.

Yesterday, was a very good day. :D

z06bigbird
06-14-07, 10:37 PM

Send me $1 million fast, and I will not tell wife about Corsa. No pennies, please. Hell, you won't send pennies; you could not afford the shipping.

LOL