: quite off topic

elwesso
01-14-03, 06:17 PM
Hey, i was wondering if any of you guys play golf. I play golf in the summer time as if it were my job (and it is, in the summer). Maybe an exchange of handicaps and other stories.

elwesso
10-29-03, 04:24 PM
Hmm... Jan 14th..... Now its October 29 and still no responses!!!!!

the Sandman
10-29-03, 04:27 PM
Hmm...Jan 14th...Now its October 29 and still no responses!!!C'mon, give it one more year... :histeric:

JJhomer83
10-29-03, 04:29 PM
Hmm... Jan 14th..... Now its October 29 and still no responses!!!!!

I play but i dont' keep score its more of a drinking outing that we happen to play golf. I always play with people twice my age b/c of work. I have to make them look good sometimes. I can drive really far. I think my longest is around 275 yds and never had lessons but i can't chip or putt.

AirJigga25
10-29-03, 05:06 PM
I play but i dont' keep score its more of a drinking outing that we happen to play golf. I always play with people twice my age b/c of work. I have to make them look good sometimes. I can drive really far. I think my longest is around 275 yds and never had lessons but i can't chip or putt.

A beer per hole... and a powerslide in the GC per hole too.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
10-29-03, 05:15 PM
I took it as a class in my wacky liberal arts school....i got a c and retired from the game

ShadowLvr400
10-29-03, 05:41 PM
I golf on occaision. You can just call me the cannon. I avg 250 with a 3 wood... My driver, on the occaision I manage to solve the accuracy problem, It's 300-310. But, the accuracy is not exactly good... Usually end up on the wrong course. :) The other fun part, is my short game. My chip is very... unusal. I use a lob wedge, and float it up, typically roll about 5 ft, the rest of it is airtime. Noone else I know is able to use it as accurately and reliably as me. And one of my buddies is like a 4 handicap.

elwesso
10-29-03, 06:33 PM
That shot is commonly referred to (by me) as the hoist..... Shoot it up about 6 feet and have it go about 6 feet...... GOLDEN!!!

Im pretty crafty around the greens.....

Elvis
10-29-03, 08:27 PM
Hey Wes, did you ever see Lefty (Mickelson) hit that backward lob wedge? Awesome feat.

I took the game up in 1994. I had just turned 30, so I figured it was the law or something. A year later I started dating a girl who consistently shot in the mid-70's. She taught me everything I know. I eventually married her!

In 1997, I had the best year ever. I broke 80 three times, shot a 77 once, and averaged about 82 for the season. I never have been able to figure out handicaps, but they said I was a 12, which didn't make sense, but if the computer says so, it must be right.

Now I'm in the low to mid 90's, but I just don't play that much anymore.

elwesso
10-29-03, 08:37 PM
Yeah.. I did see Mickey do that..... It was..... GOLDEN!!!!!

The handicap system is sorta goofy..... If you shoot a really low score (for instance I shot a 69 last year), you cant go higher than a certain point.......