: OE 18" Michelins, anything good to say??

EXPSD
06-06-07, 03:57 PM
Does anyone have anything good to say about the Michelins OE 18" Pilot tires. Just picked up my SRX last week and after reading this forum it sounds like the tires are worthless.

sgilbert
06-06-07, 05:22 PM
No way are they worthless! Great tire---just not great in snow, and don't last beyond 35,000 miles. OH YEA--they're over priced!

Other than that, they're great; I'm on my 2nd set of 4.

Smokin' SRX
06-06-07, 05:25 PM
Does anyone have anything good to say about the Michelins OE 18" Pilot tires. Just picked up my SRX last week and after reading this forum it sounds like the tires are worthless.

Not quite worthless :) Mine lasted 19K miles with aggressive driving. First 12K were actually OK in light snow (2-7"). But when they wore and I saw the prices and longevity of the French rubber.............

See my post below in this forum ........ " Need tire suggestions".

Best wishes w/ the truck! It's awesome.......just like this forum! Consider the $20-30 to become a supporting member!

Wagoneer
06-06-07, 05:36 PM
Nope, you'd be better off with old bias-ply tube tires. :)

Honestly, they are pretty good tires with a reasonable trade-off of performance, life, and comfort. They are just overpriced.

Smokin' SRX
06-06-07, 05:40 PM
Nope, you'd be better off with old bias-ply tube tires. :)

Honestly, they are pretty good tires with a reasonable trade-off of performance, life, and comfort. They are just overpriced.

Ditto....by 150% !!