: TSB's and dealer reccomendations...please help!

4DRVETT
06-05-07, 06:01 PM
About to take my car into Caddy for the TSB on the pressure plate springs. What else should I have done while I'm there? '06+ diff & axles? Wheel hop fix? Radio buttons? Anything else I'm missing? Also, any reccomendations on dealers in the LA area? Quick response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Erik Valdez
Circo Meta Forma
Graphic Design, Decals, Banners, T-Shirts, etc.

z06bigbird
06-05-07, 08:47 PM
If horn works well, have dealer jack it up and put a real car underneath it.

LOL

FLCADDYADVISOR
06-07-07, 03:49 PM
I know theres been a series of CTSVs coming in with loose nuts behind the wheel....make sure you mention that to you advisor!

The Tony Show
06-07-07, 03:59 PM
Well, no dealer is going to do things "just because". If you have any problems, get them taken care of while you're there, but don't expect things to be replaced because other people have had problems with them.

I guess I'm not sure what you're asking for.

lunarx
06-09-07, 11:40 AM
About to take my car into Caddy for the TSB on the pressure plate springs. What else should I have done while I'm there? '06+ diff & axles? Wheel hop fix? Radio buttons? Anything else I'm missing? Also, any reccomendations on dealers in the LA area? Quick response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Erik Valdez
Circo Meta Forma
What year is your V?

austin
06-09-07, 12:14 PM
Soooooo, your going to tell them that you want a new 2006+ differential and halfshafts, because it's there on a pressure plate TSB... lol!! That will go over real big! I hope your kidding.

4DRVETT
06-10-07, 12:09 AM
Wow...thanks for the...ahem...support guys. So what I'm gathering here is I should expect my Cadillac service experience to be similar to the "advice" I'm getting on this forum? Why so harsh? These are legitimate questions to legitimate known problems on the V. I've only had one other vehicle that I had to take in for a TSB...my '03 Tundra. Those guys not only fixed the fuel filler neck issue that it went in for, they also replaced the ball joints and front calipers without me asking...both TSB's, not recalls. I have an '05 V...yes my clutch is sticking, yes my radio buttons are peeling (as is my sunroof knob), and although my diff isn't whining or broken, it is leaking slightly. It was my understanding that all of these were indeed considered TSB's. If I'm confused, so be it, but in the future, why not try..."Well, Erik; I don't have any reccomendations, and I'm not too sure that the dealer will address all of these issues without there actually being a problem, but good luck to you!" I guess expecting a little encouragement and commradarie from fellow V folk, is expecting too much. With that said, thanks FLCADDYADVISOR!

-Erik Valdez
Circo Meta Forma

The Tony Show
06-10-07, 01:26 AM
Nobody's being harsh on you (yet). You can't come on an Internet forum and ask a vague question like that and expect everyone to line up with tons of handy advice. My answer was honest, but if you prefer me to pump sunshine up your ass, here goes:

"I'm sure that the dealer will replace every part on your car mentioned in a TSB, even if it doesn't apply to you.

Make sure you mention the door lock freezing, wheel hop bushings, inactive alarm, hooting thermostat housing, oil temp. gauge, static on AM radio, headlamp washers randomly activiating, 6th gear tranny vibration, drooping sail panels and clicking sound in the dash, as those are all mentioned in TSBs as well. I'm sure they'll get right on it for you."

:rolleyes:

4DRVETT
06-10-07, 01:37 AM
Awe see there...Now doesn't that make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Great job buddy! :thumbsup:

-Erik Valdez
Circo Meta Forma

syd
06-10-07, 06:51 PM
Is there a vin range that this qualifies for? My clutch feels sticky sometimes and my car is an '05. I was going to have the dealer swap out the flywheel at the same time.