: Someone jacked my rims!

heavymetals
06-05-07, 05:17 PM
Before I even got em.

So, I am sitting here wondering what the heck happened to my rims.

I call Luke.

"They were delivered." (Luke)

"Not to me." (me)

RATS.

Seems as though the unit # didn't get on the shipping address, but yet the rims were delivered and signed for (not by me).

Will know more tomorrow.....

bossplayer
06-05-07, 05:24 PM
Before I even got em.So, I am sitting here wondering what the heck happened to my rims.I call Luke."They were delivered".(Luke)"Not to me".(me)RATS.Seems as though the unit # didn't get on the shipping address, but yet the rims were delivered and signed for (not by me).Will know more tomorrow.....

Must live in a bad neighborhood....:boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom:

Actually this is one reason to have a house, deliveries are a bitch otherwise.

CTSV_Rob
06-05-07, 05:29 PM
That sucks, I sure hope you find them.

It will be a double whammy if it happens to me. The headers and wheels will be coming together.

heavymetals
06-05-07, 05:31 PM
I do live in a house (townhouse).I have lots of stuff delivered, well most of the time!

bossplayer
06-05-07, 05:40 PM
I do live in a house (townhouse).I have lots of stuff delivered, well most of the time!

Where the eff did they deliver it to? The community pool?

On further thought maybe they will return them when they find they are a 6 bolt pattern....

HushH
06-05-07, 05:47 PM
that sucks. be interesting to see who signed for them.

heavymetals
06-05-07, 05:49 PM
When I look at the UPS tracking website it shows that the delivery address was wrong, corrected(by whom it doesn't say), then delivered and signed for.:eek:

Does not show the address though.

ahahnu
06-05-07, 06:07 PM
Yeah that really sucks, were they insured? It will work out. I assume they were the optional rims coming from Lindsay.

I just had my radar taken out of my car today. Not very happy. I'm a little worried how they got in the car while I was at work.

joshdctsv
06-05-07, 06:19 PM
Perhaps a neighbor signed for you

heavymetals
06-05-07, 06:36 PM
I am sure someone signed for me.They are not supposed to unless it is pre-authorized.
However, delivery shows over 4 days ago!

The Tony Show
06-05-07, 06:38 PM
Ouch- You may have to go after the shipper on this one.

RunningOnEMT
06-05-07, 06:38 PM
do you know most of your neighbors?

i know one guy down the street from me signed for my TV when it was delivered (FedEx Freight) when he wasnt supposed to... i went around asking neighbors and i got to his place he opened the door andhe had it plugged in in his living room... *******

rand49er
06-05-07, 06:44 PM
Wait'll the thief sees six lug holes, he'll :rant2: .

urbanski
06-05-07, 06:47 PM
i'm watching ebay now for some bargains....

heavymetals
06-05-07, 07:00 PM
I usually get a heads up via email if UPS is going to deliver anything and I never got one of those.I just took a walk around and didn't see anything, but then again it has been over 4 days since they were "delivered".I am sure it will be "straightened out" when Luke dives into it tomorrow.I think this is one of the reasons James lost interest in group buys on wheels......

v-ape
06-05-07, 07:53 PM
That sucks...

I dont like how they do that when they deliver... let anyone sign for it. I returned an HD Vid cam (didnt play right) to someone on ebay and another person signed for it. He didnt get it for a week. Perhaps your place has a separate area for larger deliveries?

there are a bunch on ebay now.... some for $1 ;)

heavymetals
06-05-07, 08:01 PM
I have had pallets of stuff delivered to me.Someone phucked up and I am glad it wasn't me.I am curious to see who they were delivered to at this point.

RightTurn
06-05-07, 08:02 PM

:rofl:

heavymetals
06-05-07, 08:05 PM

Ok for you....

parexa
06-05-07, 08:21 PM
i know one guy down the street from me signed for my TV when it was delivered (FedEx Freight) when he wasnt supposed to... i went around asking neighbors and i got to his place he opened the door andhe had it plugged in in his living room... *******

Did you pimp slap him?

CIWS
06-05-07, 08:26 PM
That shat sucks man. I hope things get straightened out for you with the situation.

z06bigbird
06-05-07, 08:38 PM
My son used to work for UPS. They will likely pay up if you can show it was their mistake. They deal with this all the time.

Luna.
06-05-07, 08:42 PM
I am sure someone signed for me.They are not supposed to unless it is pre-authorized.
However, delivery shows over 4 days ago!

What does it mean, "pre-authorized?" To be authorized before it was authorized??? :confused: :stirpot: :D

theloanman219
06-05-07, 09:35 PM
you better find 2fiddy! no really they will get to the bottom of it. were they insured?

heavymetals
06-05-07, 09:39 PM
you better find 2fiddy! no really they will get to the bottom of it. were they insured?

I guess, either from the sending end or my credit card.I didn't give bad shipping info so not my error.I am not freakin or peakin (yet).The delay is NBD.A charge and no rims will be though!

theloanman219
06-05-07, 09:51 PM
I know when I buy things to be delivered and there is any problem for what ever reason I just call AMEX and they take care of it.

bossplayer
06-05-07, 10:06 PM
Delivery trucks feel comfy dropping off $800 tires in plain site in my neighborhood. Though this sounds like this delivery might not even have ever came within sight of your 'house'.

LV_V
06-05-07, 11:02 PM
I just had my radar taken out of my car today. Not very happy. I'm a little worried how they got in the car while I was at work.
I would be a LITTLE worried about that LOL

heavymetals
06-06-07, 11:42 AM
FOUND THEM!

UPS just dropped them off at the front door of a neighbor. :eek:

They were sitting there for a few days. :tisk:

If I wasn't such an ethical, honest person (insert back pat here) I could have had an extra set of rims for sale.

I couldn't screw Lindsay like that though.

Anyway, off to the Goodyear place to get the tires remounted to my NEW BITCHIN rims.

Thanks LUKE! :thumbsup:

The Tony Show
06-06-07, 11:52 AM
Dangit! I told that neighbor of yours to move them inside. Looks like he's not getting his hundred bucks from me now... :D

theloanman219
06-06-07, 11:55 AM
FOUND THEM!

If I wasn't such an ethical, honest person (insert back pat here) I could have had an extra set of rims for sale.

:

You did the right thing. But in sure that Luke insured them and if they needed to be replaced then it would have been up to UPS to replace them. Not Lindsay.

Congrats :thumbsup:

joshdctsv
06-06-07, 12:21 PM
FOUND THEM!

UPS just dropped them off at the front door of a neighbor. :eek:

They were sitting there for a few days. :tisk:

Anyway, off to the Goodyear place to get the tires remounted to my NEW BITCHIN rims.

Thanks LUKE! :thumbsup:

So the driver forged? hmmm

JimmyH
06-06-07, 12:47 PM
What does it mean, "pre-authorized?" To be authorized before it was authorized??? :confused: :stirpot: :D

Driver release; means the driver can deliver without a signature. The drivers ignore it though. I have shipped stuff with "adult signature required" and they still left it on the front porch.

As long as it is insured; ups would rather pay out insurance checks than have drivers waiting around for someone, who may or may not be home, to answer the door bell.

The Tony Show
06-06-07, 01:19 PM
I have a Ninja UPS man who delivers to my neighborhood.

My dog will go off like a fireworks show if a car starts 2 miles away, yet my UPS guy can somehow drop two huge boxes full of Kooks headers and cats without myself of my dog even hearing the truck. I go outside to smoke and *poof!* - boxes! :suspect:

JimmyH
06-06-07, 01:22 PM
I have a Ninja UPS man who delivers to my neighborhood.

My dog will go off like a fireworks show if a car starts 2 miles away, yet my UPS guy can somehow drop two huge boxes full of Kooks headers and cats without myself of my dog even hearing the truck. I go outside to smoke and *poof!* - boxes! :suspect:

Meanwhile, the fedex ground guy casually moves through the neighborhood, taking 15 minutes to deliver 2 boxes in his pristine white truck, and neatly pressed uniform. And even takes the time to fill out a form when he is releasing a package to a neighbor.

The Tony Show
06-06-07, 01:23 PM
Oh, and while we're talking about shippers- One of my favorite YTMNDs of all time:

DMX delivers- on time (http://fedexdelivers.ytmnd.com/)

urbanski
06-06-07, 01:30 PM
Oh, and while we're talking about shippers- One of my favorite YTMNDs of all time:

DMX delivers- on time (http://fedexdelivers.ytmnd.com/)

that comes up with a not work safe warning....

The Tony Show
06-06-07, 01:39 PM
Yeah, there's a quick F-bomb in the lyrics to the "X-gonna give it to ya" song (you can't even really understand it).

No offensive image though, and it's funny.

ahahnu
06-06-07, 02:39 PM
What the hell are you smoking then? Some of the wacky tobacky?

heavymetals
06-06-07, 02:50 PM
Here is the latest.

So I hop on down to the Goodyear place to get the rims installed.

Well the good news is that one of the rims is on the car :thumbsup:

Bad news is that the other three have dings and damage :mad:

They are in boxes and going back.

RATS.

The tire mounting guy stopped and was on #2 when he asked me if I had examined them before bringing them to him.

Of course not :thepan:

I have to say that Luke is very good about this, but I am sure he has a few more gray ones!

As for me, the V is parked in the garage with one bitchin looking rim, but I just found another reason to drive my Vette. :rolleyes:

The Tony Show
06-06-07, 03:04 PM
I remember a post from Luke (or James) a while back stating that the rims get shipped on palettes of 12 or 16, and they've had a problem with scratching becuase they're stacked without tires on them to protect the rims.

If you don't want to send them back, bear in mind that the polished rims have a fair amount of clearcoat on them- it's possible to wetsand and buff out light scratches just like on your car's bodywork.

heavymetals
06-06-07, 03:26 PM
These aren't going to be buffed out!:eek:

All the dents/dings/gouges are down to metal.

One is on a lip and the metal is rippled.

Whatever, I need a beer.

Your right, I remember James saying these wheel deals were a PITA.

The Tony Show
06-06-07, 03:33 PM
Agh.....sorry to hear it, man. At least you're dealing with Lindsay, and not some BFE wheel company.

Have an extra one for me.

urbanski
06-06-07, 03:53 PM
sry :emo:

heavymetals
06-06-07, 06:26 PM
Thanks guys.

I don't know how Linsay makes any money on this.

Probably didn't.

I figure with my luck (mod hell dues) I will curb one of the new ones the first week!:eek:

Ya know what though?

If the worst thing in life is a dinged custom rim, life is pretty good......:alchi:

Even three!

CTSV_Rob
06-06-07, 09:08 PM
3 damaged rims, is you luck usually this bad?

I am in CA, IF the damage happened on the way to Lindsay's then this doesn't make a difference but UPS in my area are a little like the gorilla's on the old sampsonite commercials! :hammer:

Sounds like I found someone with my luck, Rims missing then rims damaged...

Here's a thought, next time you need 4 rims order 11 -- 4 will be lost in shipping, 3 will be damaged and 4 should be perfect and ready to install!

After this whole ordeal :alchi: :alchi: :alchi: (one for each damaged rim)

G--
06-06-07, 09:34 PM
Here is the latest.

So I hop on down to the Goodyear place to get the rims installed.

Well the good news is that one of the rims is on the car :thumbsup:

Bad news is that the other three have dings and damage :mad:

They are in boxes and going back.

RATS.

The tire mounting guy stopped and was on #2 when he asked me if I had examined them before bringing them to him.

Of course not :thepan:

I have to say that Luke is very good about this, but I am sure he has a few more gray ones!

As for me, the V is parked in the garage with one bitchin looking rim, but I just found another reason to drive my Vette. :rolleyes:

Must have been a fun ride home...get any good looks? I can hear it now..."Man, must not of had enough cash to get all 4 from the Rent-a-Wheel, probably pick up a new one each week until he gets all 4...."

heavymetals
06-29-07, 03:17 PM
Looks like someone took care of his rims getting jacked!

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Jun29/0,4670,RimTheftSlaying,00.html

The Tony Show
06-29-07, 03:25 PM
Sucks to be that thief....:eek:

My rational brain says, "Geez, why would you kill a man instead of just firing in the air and scaring him away?"

My "car guy" brain says, "Serves the bastard right for messing with somebody's car."

heavymetals
06-29-07, 04:01 PM
I hope the guy said that the thief threatened him or came at him with a screwdriver.:want:

Kind of odd that the guy walks out of his house armed though.:confused:

Hope he gets a medal :thumbsup:

JimmyH
06-29-07, 04:06 PM
In this society, he will probably get sued.

The Tony Show
06-29-07, 04:10 PM
Man, I'm going to regret this......at the risk of starting a forum war:

I don't think he was justified shooting the guy. He posed no immediate threat to his physical safety, and could have easily been scared away.

While it's normal to fantasize about killing someone who f'ed with our cars, the reality of it is that someone with a family is dead.

heavymetals
06-29-07, 04:16 PM
Like I said, I hope he tells the cops the guy threatened him or came at him with a screwdriver.

Without a "good reason", they are gonna put him through a meat grinder for shooting the guy.

At least he is dead so he can't sue.:thumbsup:

JimmyH
06-29-07, 04:54 PM
At least he is dead so he can't sue.:thumbsup:

No, that's where his family comes in (who probably hated him, hadnt seen him in years, etc etc, but see $$ in litigation)

darkman
07-01-07, 01:44 PM
Man, I'm going to regret this......at the risk of starting a forum war:

I don't think he was justified shooting the guy. He posed no immediate threat to his physical safety, and could have easily been scared away.

While it's normal to fantasize about killing someone who f'ed with our cars, the reality of it is that someone with a family is dead.

Agree. Protect your car (and property for that matter) with insurance, not a gun.

heavymetals
07-01-07, 01:57 PM
Agree. Protect your car (and property for that matter) with insurance, not a gun.

I thought that was strange comming from a Texan.:confused:

darkman
07-01-07, 03:36 PM
I thought that was strange comming from a Texan.:confused:

Well, I don't carry life insurance.

z06bigbird
07-01-07, 04:33 PM
And I used to think the murder rate in the middle east was high!

Luna.
07-01-07, 05:14 PM
I could only dream that this death would actually decrease the rate of these a$$holes from stealing rims off of cars.

I doubt it though.

And the truly sad thing is that I agree with the previous comment; he'll probably end up getting sued by the pathetic family, whose sole real reason for suing is $$$$.

I've seen it happen. Hell, I even go so far as to seriously rag on a friend of mine who made $5M from suing a company for "raising" her Surburban. I'm like, "YOU CHOSE TO DO THAT...."

People solely blame the attornies in these situations. While I 100% agree they are PART of the problem, *WE* as society authorize them to do this B.S., so who's really to blame???

DubzRollerCTS
07-01-07, 05:26 PM
that really sucks hope you find out what happened.

CIWS
07-01-07, 06:39 PM
Sucks to be that thief....:eek:

My rational brain says, "Geez, why would you kill a man instead of just firing in the air and scaring him away?"

...and then he pulls out his gun and shoots you.

My school is do not pull out a gun and use deadly force unless your intent is to kill. If you do make the decision to use deadly force, then use it. Otherwise keep the firearm put away.

I personally might give them a chance to get on the ground while I call the cops, but any move other than that and they will get a 12 guage.

Referenced post/article.

Looks like someone took care of his rims getting jacked!

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Jun29/0,4670,RimTheftSlaying,00.html

heavymetals
07-13-07, 04:22 PM
Update.

I got my rims and they are bitchin!:banana:

Thank you to Luke :thumbsup:

I will have the tires mounted tomorrow morning.

Now if anyone wants to buy a stock rim(s), pm me.

heavymetals
07-16-07, 01:21 AM
Here is what it looks like now..

type911
07-16-07, 01:32 AM
Damn Thats Sick. Are those polished or chrome plated?

heavymetals
07-16-07, 01:41 AM
Polished ( they match the maggie).:dance:

They come with a clear coat

ahahnu
07-16-07, 11:15 AM
Lucky there is no salt or snow out there to ruin them.

JimmyH
07-16-07, 11:21 AM
awesome wheels man.

will salt attack polished wheels faster than painted wheels?

ahahnu
07-16-07, 11:33 AM
I have little pits where the spokes meet the flatter part of the rim, I would assume from not washing fast enough. I take pretty good care of my car and use a brush to getthe inside of the rim clean, but still couldn't stop that.

I never really liked those rims before. For some reason the picture strikes me.

The Tony Show
07-16-07, 11:44 AM
awesome wheels man.

will salt attack polished wheels faster than painted wheels?

Should be the same as the painted, since they're both clearcoated. What's under the clearcoat makes no difference.

Wheels look great, man! Of course I'm biased.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Firebomba/orlando5.jpg

JimmyH
07-16-07, 11:58 AM
well if i do get those wheels they would only be summer wheels for me anyway. the stockers would get snow tires, along with maybe some brake dust shields to maybe help restrict the flow of water/salt?