: CTS V Cradle Bushings in stock

Specter Werkes Sports
06-05-07, 03:43 PM
Good afternoon,

We have 3 sets of our Cradle bushings in stock. These high strength delrin cradle bushings help eliminate the aggravating axle hop when launching and power shifting the car.
http://www.spectergtr.com/images/cradle_bushings.jpg
Order now and have them for the weekend!
With only 3 sets, its first come, first serve. $250 plus free shipping.

248-583-9559

Specter Werkes/Sports
Matt Shipes

CTSV_Rob
06-05-07, 04:24 PM
Do they squeak?

dqw1
06-05-07, 05:02 PM
That's what I want to know.

rand49er
06-05-07, 05:40 PM
Installed mine back in early October when I did my GC kit. Really sprayed the snot of them with silicone. Don't notice any squeaking, but then again, I have the windows up 99% of the time (except to mail letters).

BTW, haven't done any burnouts, so don't really know how well they reduce WH.

CTSV_Rob
06-05-07, 05:47 PM
Installed mine back in early October when I did my GC kit. Really sprayed the snot of them with silicone. Don't notice any squeaking, but then again, I have the windows up 99% of the time (except to mail letters

I have the windows up most of the time and with the header and B&B exhaust I may not be able to hear it either. Did you notice a difference in the wheel hop? If so I may take the plunge, if not then I will find beter places to spend my $$.

ronr
06-05-07, 06:32 PM
Do they squeak?

Nothin' like the GM TSB bushings! Never had any sound like that with the Specters.

I went from the originals to the Specters then to the TSB's and pulled those to put the Specters back in. They are clearly the best choice of the 3.

thebigjimsho
06-05-07, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I've had the Specters for a while as well and I have never heard them squeak...

rand49er
06-05-07, 10:34 PM
... Never had any sound like that with the Specters. ...

... I have never heard them squeak...Yeah those.

CTSV_Rob
06-05-07, 11:47 PM
I hope you guys aren't yanking my chain, I'm ordering a set tomorrow.

Albertan
06-06-07, 01:26 AM
The fact that these bushings are made from Delrin which is DuPont's trade name for their Acetal plastic means they should not squeek. Acetal is commonly used for bushings because of its inherent internal lubricity. How would I know you ask?? I'm in the plastic molding business and mold acetal bushings. (not these, unfortunately).
Bruce

rand49er
06-06-07, 06:16 AM
I hope you guys aren't yanking my chain, I'm ordering a set tomorrow.The concept with these is similar to the GM bushings (TSB) and the $17 fix (see sticky) ... they reduce the rubbery softness where the cradle is mounted.

If you install them yourself, get a lo-o-ong piece of pipe to put on your socket wrench. Cradle bolts are really tightened on there.

Kadonny
06-06-07, 09:40 AM
I hope you guys aren't yanking my chain, I'm ordering a set tomorrow.

Rob, hold up on ordering those.

The Specter bushing only fit 04 and 05 cars. They changed the rear design a bit in 06 and they don't fit anymore unless Specter changed their bushing design recently. At least that is what I found out when I tried to put them on my 06.

lunarx
06-06-07, 12:39 PM
Were you not just a victim of the all 4 same size bushings shipping mistake instead of 2 front & 2 rear?

Just wondered, as I suposedly have a set comming to me from a member here on our boards.

Rob, hold up on ordering those.

The Specter bushing only fit 04 and 05 cars. They changed the rear design a bit in 06 and they don't fit anymore unless Specter changed their bushing design recently. At least that is what I found out when I tried to put them on my 06.

austin
06-06-07, 06:13 PM
The specter bushings are worth it :thumbsup: , i have them and they eliminate the wheel-hop as advertised... They are far better than the GM ones!! Do not hesitate to order them!! You'll be glad that you did!!

My "V" is a 2004, i would call specter if you have a 2006+, cause i'm not sure they'll fit.

CTSV_Rob
06-06-07, 08:23 PM
I am going to get them IF they fit. I have a call into Matt @ Specter and he was checking into this and I expect he will get back to me when he knows for sure.

I want them, The washers sound like they will work but since the Specter Bushings actually fit into the stock rubber bushing a little ways they may hold the rear end a little tighter and because they are made of delrin, hopefully no squeaks (With the help of some Silicone spray) and no thunks.

Thanks all, Good info

Specter Werkes Sports
06-07-07, 09:34 AM
You are correct, these Cradle Bushings are for the 04' and 05' model years. Sorry I didn't include that in the original post.

Sorry Rob

CTSV_Rob
06-07-07, 09:57 AM
Bummer, Do you plan to make a set for the 07's?

I really don't want to put the TSB bushings on but I don't see a choice at this point other then the $17 sticky fix, Any suggestions??

Specter Werkes Sports
06-07-07, 11:48 AM
Yes, We plan on designing some new bushings to accommodate the 2006 and newer models.

CTSV_Rob
06-09-07, 10:47 PM
Yes, We plan on designing some new bushings to accommodate the 2006 and newer models.
I'm sorry if it seems like I'm pushing but can you tell me when they will be available?

When there ready and you need a car to try them on let me know!

Kadonny
06-11-07, 08:56 AM
I knew I was right since I was at the dealer when they tried to put them in and saw how they could not possibly fit. And yes, I had the 2 different sizes.

Rob, the 06 and 07 cars don't hop nearly as much as the 04/05 cars, just feel lucky. The only thing to watch on the Specters is the noise from the rear. Some guys on this board have complained when they were in there was much more clunk from the rear. Just a heads up, that's all. I can't confirm nor deny the complaints.

CTSV_Rob
06-11-07, 04:08 PM
I knew I was right since I was at the dealer when they tried to put them in and saw how they could not possibly fit. And yes, I had the 2 different sizes.

Rob, the 06 and 07 cars don't hop nearly as much as the 04/05 cars, just feel lucky. The only thing to watch on the Specters is the noise from the rear. Some guys on this board have complained when they were in there was much more clunk from the rear. Just a heads up, that's all. I can't confirm nor deny the complaints.
Thanks a lot for the heads up. I was wondering why people were so concerned about the wheel hop because mine didn't seem that bad. There is still a little if I really get on it and I will so it would be nice to get the specter bushings to tighten it up a litle more.

From what I've read, it would be better then the factory bushings So I'm going to wait until there is a set available for my year.

I wonder if they made any other changes other then the bushings? If there that much better I wonder if the 06, 07 bushings would fit in a 04 or 05? Just thinking out loud.

Again, Thanks for the heads up, You saved me much time and aggrevation!

Closer_2001
06-13-07, 11:06 PM
Bummer, Do you plan to make a set for the 07's?

I really don't want to put the TSB bushings on but I don't see a choice at this point other then the $17 sticky fix, Any suggestions??

Don't put in the TSb bushings...SQUEAAAAAKKKKK!!! Absurd :tisk::thehand:

CTSV_Rob
06-14-07, 01:10 AM
Don't put in the TSb bushings...SQUEAAAAAKKKKK!!! Absurd :tisk::thehand:
Do you think the bushings for the 07 are just as bad?

I am not about to take a chance, I will wait for Specter to come up with a set for my year.

Rob

Lindsay Cadillac
06-14-07, 06:07 AM
The bushings made by GM and Specter do not replace the factory bushings, they fit inside the rubber mounting that is cast into the rear cradle assembly. The GM bushings do not fit inside the mount tightly where the Specter bushings do, which is what causes the squeak/creak. 2006 and later V's have a redesigned rear cradle mount that does not have large cavities inside, the rubber that is cast inside the cradle mount was made bigger to reduce the size of the opening and the tendency of the cradle to move under hard acceleration. With the redesigned cradle mounting neither bushing, GM or Specter, will work on a 2006 and later vehicle. The GM TSB applies to 2004 and 2005 V's only.

Specter Werkes Sports
06-14-07, 04:10 PM
Hey 04'-05' V's

We still have one set left. Just give me a call and I will ship them out to you.

$250, free shipping

248-583-9559

Specter Werkes Sports
06-19-07, 02:07 PM
Still have the one set on hand for the first taker.

Kingpin08
07-04-07, 01:54 AM
I think I'll call dibs on those if they are still there

12race
07-05-07, 11:45 AM
Hey 04'-05' V's

We still have one set left. Just give me a call and I will ship them out to you.

$250, free shipping

248-583-9559

I am sure you will, but please post when the 06+ product is available. While hop is not as bad as earlier V's, it is still there.

Thanks

:burn: