: I don't drive a Caddy.

ProlepsisMaximus
05-01-03, 01:19 PM
Pretty neat idea having an Introduce Yourself forum.

So I don't drive a Cadillac, but I'm always interested in transplanting parts from other cars into my Maxima. I hope you guys don't mind answering a few weird questions from an import guy.

Also, my grandmother recently purchased a new creamy white CTS. My honest opinion, it's one of the ugliest cars I have ever seen (please don't hate me!), but kinda fun to drive. Of course, I'm starting to really dislike the current trend in car design as a whole, with the square edges and the vertical headlights and all. Even the 2004 Maxima is kinda bugging me. I guess the CTS is just leading the pack. So anyways, I may have the occasional question about granny's car too, since she wants me to teach her how to use the nav system, and I only know the most basic of the basics.

lux hauler
05-01-03, 03:17 PM
ProlepsisMaximus,
Welcome to the board!!
Don't worry about not having a Caddy. The only thing "Cadillac" that I have is a motor on an engine stand......and lots of grease.
:)
Enjoy your stay.

Ralph
05-02-03, 03:25 AM
Welcome Dude! I also do not like the CTS's, they are too edgy or boxy. I'm sure they are fun to drive though. I just always condidered them like the Catera (lemons) I guess time will tell.

Chuck C
05-02-03, 09:35 AM
maximas are nice cars....hope we get your Q's answered

elwesso
05-02-03, 05:33 PM
What about Qs?? :p

Welcome aboard! Are you a member over at nico?

ProlepsisMaximus
05-02-03, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I haven't signed up at NICO. I moderate on NissanX.com, and am a member at NWMaxima.com and Maxima.org. They keep me pretty busy when I'm online. Don't wanna be surfing too many forums, I do try to have a little bit of life off the computer ya know. I dunno, I'll probably give in to the pressure and join eventually. They could use some more Maxima representation.

elwesso
05-02-03, 11:19 PM
Actually, most people (over 50%) at nico have maximas or J30s, which are essentially maximas. It could be more, but i dont go anywhere else but the infiniti sections.

BeelzeBob
05-02-03, 11:57 PM
Welcome aboard, ProlepsisMaximus! And thanks for signing up! The Maxima is definitely a very nice car. Especially for what it costs.. The CTS? Well, they're getting nicer in my eyes - but I agree with you about the edges - I don't like this trend either...

Ralph
05-04-03, 01:16 AM
I do like the styling of the Altima's though. Wasn't Nissan about 18 billion in debt a couple of years ago, if so I think the styling of the Altima saved them.

elwesso
05-04-03, 01:20 AM
One of my teachers has a sentra, and it is pretty nice looking for such an inexpensive car.