: Help W/ Weird Noises

k1ko
06-05-07, 08:33 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Im getting a rat - tat - tat - tat noise every time i accelerate in gears 1-4. If im in idle and hit the gas, I get no noise. Also if im just crusing there is no noise. The sound is like when you were a kid and put a baseball card in the spokes of a bike and rode it. Its that rat tat tat tat tat tat sound. I can't tell exactly where its coming from but am pretty sure its not from the engine area. I think its either below or behind me in the drivers seat. Anyone have any ideas? I should also point out that the noise hasn't effected the driving performance from what I've seen so far. Its just the annoying noise. Thanks

theloanman219
06-05-07, 09:06 AM
What brand and octane gas do you use?

Gene

k1ko
06-05-07, 09:09 AM
What brand and octane gas do you use?

Gene

hrm i thought it may be my engine knocking too but I went to a valero and put in 93 octane this past sunday. SO that may be it but not sure... I don't usually go to that gas station

theloanman219
06-05-07, 09:14 AM
well I use only shell V power. It burns very clean. One time I had to use another brand and I had a similar problem. If you have a shell station near by use the V power for two full tanks and see if you notice a difference.

Gene

Silver Dollar
06-05-07, 09:23 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Im getting a rat - tat - tat - tat noise every time i accelerate ......

You didn't forget to bury that hitchhiker in the trunk, did you?

k1ko
06-05-07, 09:37 AM
lol no he needs to suffer, dirtied up the grill.. :thumbsup:

Silver Dollar
06-05-07, 09:46 AM
I hate it when they do that :)

rand49er
06-05-07, 09:54 AM
Exhaust laying on the cross brace?

k1ko
06-05-07, 10:26 AM
Exhaust laying on the cross brace?

how do u check that?

2004ctsv
06-05-07, 10:43 AM
You should put the car up on secure jack stands and do a visual inspection from under the car first.

urbanski
06-05-07, 11:27 AM
lol no he needs to suffer, dirtied up the grill.. :thumbsup:

:lol:

k1ko
06-05-07, 01:53 PM
DAMN i just took it out for lunch and its pretty loud when u roll down the windows. almost sounds like a jackhammer and its coming from right below/behind the drivers seat... crap gotta take it in

calicadi
06-05-07, 11:18 PM
You should put the car up on secure jack stands and do a visual inspection from under the car first.
:yeah: Let's see.. no noise at idle in neutral, no noise at RPM in neutral. Noise when the transmission engaged, coming from under the drivers seat. Better check the tranmission supports and driveshaft clearance to the exhaust and capture strap. Also the driveshaft velocity joints and the bolts at the transmission and diff couplers. I had a V-6 CTS before the V and had a coupler bolt back out. It was like the Miami Sound Machine rhythm section doing percussion solos.
:rimshot: