: 2005 info in mail

devillain00
04-05-04, 12:38 PM
I dont know if anybdoy cares, but i thought i would share this email i got from cadillac. the link doesnt work yet for the unveiling. it sais april 7

Dear ,

You expressed interest in the 2005 Cadillac STS and asked us to send more information as it became available. Though the vehicle remains under wraps until the official unveiling, interest in it keeps reaching new peaks. When you consider that all this performance comes surrounded by our most finely crafted sedan ever, your interest may peak yet again.

In terms of both craftsmanship and performance, the 2005 Cadillac STS was designed with the most demanding specifications of any sedan in Cadillac's history and will set new standards with its high level of craftsmanship as well as its commanding presence.

At its heart is your choice of two available engines. The acclaimed, aluminum 3.6L V6 VVT achieves 255 hp @ 6500 rpm and 252 lb-ft torque @ 3200 rpm. The Northstar V8 is also an option, with a refined 4.6L 32-valve engine that delivers 320 hp @ 6400 rpm and 315 lb-ft torque @ 4400 rpm and is available in an all-wheel-drive model. Also available, Magnetic Ride Control* suspension, a breakthrough technology that doesn't make you choose between performance and ride comfort.

Now you're on the inside track and can begin to see just how formidable this new Cadillac sedan will be. We're confident that the automotive press and public will agree at the upcoming New York Auto Show unveiling.

Watch the official unveiling through our Web Feed http://www.cadillac.com/sts_unveil/ on April 7.

Sincerely,

Your Cadillac Concierge

Msilva954
04-05-04, 07:14 PM
How come in the CTS that same engine makes 255lb ft of Torque but it looses 3 in this car?

Little nit-picking but I WANT TO KNOWWWWWW.

Brett
04-05-04, 09:41 PM
I also wonder why the hp is at 255 instead of the 260 in the srx....intake or exhaust restrictions maybe?