: What type of paint is on the Factory Rear spoiler???

CTSV_Rob
06-04-07, 12:32 PM
Since I have the Thunder Gray paint on the V I could not order a spoiler painted to match so I got the black one. I called the body shop and they said the spoiler will need to be stripped if they don't know which paint has been used. Makes sense and I will have the paint stripped if I cannot find out what it is but if I can it may save me some $$.

I contacted Brian at Lindsay and he told me he didn't know what the paint was on the factory spoiler but the paint on the car was water ?born? enamel.

Does anyone out there know what kind of paint was used on the spoiler?

GMBOUND
06-04-07, 01:38 PM
Spoilers don't get painted at the factories. They come from the vendor already painted.
See if you can find the vendor for you spoiler and call them.

CTSV_Rob
06-04-07, 01:58 PM
Spoilers don't get painted at the factories. They come from the vendor already painted.
See if you can find the vendor for you spoiler and call them.
That's what I figured. I was hoping someone would know who builds these spoilers for GM.

I bought the Spoiler from Lindsay and this is the spoiler that comes on the CTS sport package.

When I called Lindsay (Brian) he didn't give me the vendor name, not sure he new who it was. Does anyone know who makes this spoiler for General Motors??

Thanks in advance.