: Pricing for 04 Escalade

caddymom2
06-04-07, 07:35 AM
I am trying to decide on a price to list my 04 Escalade. Should I follow blue book value? I have heard that those can be high. I would like to sell it rather quickly. It is an 04 with 72k and I have two children so it is not perfect. I also have two sets of rims. One with snow tires and the other with all season. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

hcvone
06-04-07, 07:42 AM
Welcome to the Forum. :) If you want to sell it quick you will have to be under KBB prices, there are many around right now, good luck. :)

Playdrv4me
06-04-07, 06:22 PM
I paid 22 for my 03 AWD with 44k miles. Given the price of gas and the mileage and condition Id say a VAGUE stab would be about 25-28k for yours. Mileage will be the big detractor there.

psalmist
06-05-07, 12:42 AM
The Kelly Blue Book is like a jewelry appraisal, unrealistic. Go on cars.com, autobytel.com and others like them for an idea, but be prepared to accept less during negotiations.

The numbers Playdrvme proffered seem in line. The higher mileage puts it out of any warranty, unless you had purchased an extension.

Playdrv4me
06-05-07, 01:09 AM
psalmist... glad to see you went with the Caddy after all, congrats!

psalmist
06-05-07, 02:22 PM
It was not a difficult decision. All vehicles have their trouble spots. Heck, you should read the litany of complaints from Mercedes Benz, Audi and BMW owners. Being that the helpful folks at this forum advised me on what to check, I was able to purchase a very solid machine.

@Caddymom,

EBay motors might be another place to check.

best of luck,
david

FerstlerSlim
06-19-07, 09:24 PM
I paid 22 for my 03 AWD with 44k miles. Given the price of gas and the mileage and condition Id say a VAGUE stab would be about 25-28k for yours. Mileage will be the big detractor there.

Where did you find an 03 that cheap? Find me one!

Dave

Viking88
06-20-07, 01:44 PM
last Aug I paid 28 for my 04 EXT w/ 70K miles. Dependng on what the kids did to the interior, I would say you might expect 25-27K for the vehicle.

Rays2kCaddy
06-20-07, 09:56 PM
I have an 03 with 50,000 that I want to trade in for a loaded 06 M35 and the dealer only wanted to give me $23,000 for my truck. I just got up and left.

luvmyext
06-20-07, 11:36 PM
I have an 03 ext with 11,000 miles dealer wanted to give me $25,000.I was going to get a 07 ext that day but I think I will drive my 03 a little longer plus I like my seats better.

Playdrv4me
06-21-07, 02:57 AM
I have an 03 with 50,000 that I want to trade in for a loaded 06 M35 and the dealer only wanted to give me $23,000 for my truck. I just got up and left.

I think the most you will probably see on trade is 24. I just traded my 03 with 48k in and I got 22 for it. I took that and ran because thats exactly what I paid for 5000 miles ago. My truck seemed to have some sort of suspension or frame problem that I never could get figured out as well as an A/C issue and theft recovered title (though it was clean, not salvage), but otherwise it was in excellent condition. Even without knowing (or really caring) about those things (except for the title of course), the dealer was firm at 22.

My advice to the traders.... sell privately and slap an additional 2k on to whatever you were offered on trade. If you have negative equity to carry over, bring your potential buyer with you to the dealership (the ones who REALLY want to sell their car will do this), have him hand over his check or cash and tell them to carry whatever is left. This puts them in a tough spot because now they cant say they dont have buyers or that they have to "recon" the vehicle, as someone is sitting right there with the cash to buy it.