: 2007 Escalade Air Filter Replacement Interval?

GM-4-LIFE
06-04-07, 02:20 AM
The owner's manual doesn't state what the mileage interval is for the 2007 Escalade air filter and the indicator on the airbox is not clear at all.

I currently have 13,500 miles on the air filter.

When should I change it? Should I use the OEM or go to a K&N filter?

SG

ewill3rd
06-04-07, 06:32 AM
Usually they are good for about 30,000 miles unless you live in an area that is very dusty, i.e. the desert.

I'd recommend OEM replacement filters.
Others may recommend something different.

GM-4-LIFE
06-04-07, 02:26 PM
Usually they are good for about 30,000 miles unless you live in an area that is very dusty, i.e. the desert.

I'd recommend OEM replacement filters.
Others may recommend something different.

Thanks for the info! What type of filter is GM using on the 2007 Escalade for it to be able to go 30,000 miles? Is it a Donaldson filter like they use on the H2 and the C6 Z06? Normal paper air filters usually don't last past 10,000-15,000 miles and that is why I asked.

SG

Cadillade
06-04-07, 03:02 PM
The meter shows the how full the filter is, at least on the 05s. Normally, the filter show in the green area to be fine, but if it hits the red spot, it is time to change it.

ewill3rd
06-04-07, 03:07 PM
Some people recommend replacing them at 15,000. You certainly can.
Based on my personal experience inspecting the filters over the last dozen years, most of them are good for close to 30,000 miles.
I have yet to see one pull the indicator to red/black or whatever.
They'd have to be pretty dang restricted to make that pull in.

GM's stance on the engine air filter for '07 is inspect it regularly and replace it "if needed".
As I said, it depends on where you live though.

GM-4-LIFE
06-04-07, 05:07 PM
Some people recommend replacing them at 15,000. You certainly can.
Based on my personal experience inspecting the filters over the last dozen years, most of them are good for close to 30,000 miles.
I have yet to see one pull the indicator to red/black or whatever.
They'd have to be pretty dang restricted to make that pull in.

GM's stance on the engine air filter for '07 is inspect it regularly and replace it "if needed".
As I said, it depends on where you live though.

Is it a paper element or a Donaldson type (blue filter?) I live in Los Angeles.

SG

hcvone
06-04-07, 05:33 PM
Stock is paper type. :)

GM-4-LIFE
06-04-07, 05:58 PM
And the paper type filter lasts 30,000 miles? That is a first I have ever heard of any OEM filter lasting that long.

I will check mine and replace as needed. Most likely with a K&N so I can throw it in and forget about it.

SG

ewill3rd
06-04-07, 06:23 PM
The newer paper ones have a lot more surface area than the old round style air filters and last for quite a while.
As I said, you can change it more often if you like but based on my experience they don't need replacement as often as some people tell you.

Of course mileage and performance will be better with a fresh filter so changing it more is preferable to changing it less.

K&N filters still need to be cleaned and maintained... moreso than a factory "forget it" filter.
(as far as I know)

Cadillacboy
06-04-07, 06:31 PM
In my '03 'lade there was a clear indicator that shows when to clean the filter .I don't know if '07 has it .It should around the air filter