: 2007 Escalade Front Cigarette Lighter Fuse Keeps Blowing...4th Time...

GM-4-LIFE
06-04-07, 02:12 AM
Has anyone else had this problem with their 2007 Escalade? I have taken the car into the dealer 4 times and they can't seem to fix it. It seems like I have to take it in again.

The front cigarette lighter fuse keeps blowing out and the only thing the dealer has done is replace the fuse. The first 2 times I complained they replaced the fuse and didn't bother to trace the source of the problem. The 3rd time, they investigated further and supposedly found a wire grounding out going to the lighter itself and fixed it, but the day after I picked it up from the dealer, it popped again. It is now the 4th time.

Anyone else have this problem? If so, what did the dealer do to fix it?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

SG

hcvone
06-04-07, 07:45 AM
Make sure there is nothing on the burner of the lighter, they should just replace both parts, they are pretty cheap. I had a Grand Cherokee a few years ago that did the same thing, after a few trips they replaced the lighter assy. and never had another problem.

GM-4-LIFE
06-04-07, 02:29 PM
Make sure there is nothing on the burner of the lighter, they should just replace both parts, they are pretty cheap. I had a Grand Cherokee a few years ago that did the same thing, after a few trips they replaced the lighter assy. and never had another problem.

Yeah, the idiots at this dealership just replace the fuse and when they removed the center console to get to the backside of the lighter assy, I thought for sure it was fixed because they supposedly found a wire that was grounding out going to the lighter assy itself.

Now I have to take it back again which is inconvenient. I may take it to another dealership. One that knows what the hell they are doing.

SG

hcvone
06-04-07, 02:43 PM
Some dealers think you have nothing better to do but keep bring your car/truck back for repairs. :(

sj1400
06-04-07, 04:15 PM
Just wondering - are you using the plug to run an accessory OR using it to actually light the cigarette lighter ??

I used mine to run a air pump and it blew. Service rep requested for me to use the plug in the center armrest for power accessories - fuse rating is higher.

GM-4-LIFE
06-04-07, 05:04 PM
Just wondering - are you using the plug to run an accessory OR using it to actually light the cigarette lighter ??

I used mine to run a air pump and it blew. Service rep requested for me to use the plug in the center armrest for power accessories - fuse rating is higher.

It is funny because the dealer blamed it on me saying that I kept the cell phone charger plugged in, but everytime it has been dead, nothing was in the plug at all. It was never being used when the fuse popped so I think the fuse block is damaged and needs to be replaced, but the dealer won't do it.

SG

FLCADDYADVISOR
06-08-07, 08:01 AM
I can tell you those things blow all the time. on the 02-06 escalades they even blew more often then the 07s do. It does have alot to do with what your using in the cig lighters but also has alot to do with GM only uses a 15 amp mini fuse in that circuit as well. With the older escalades if that fuse is blown the Tech 2 wont even power up.....so what Im saying they blow more then what people realize.

GM-4-LIFE
06-09-07, 03:11 AM
I can tell you those things blow all the time. on the 02-06 escalades they even blew more often then the 07s do. It does have alot to do with what your using in the cig lighters but also has alot to do with GM only uses a 15 amp mini fuse in that circuit as well. With the older escalades if that fuse is blown the Tech 2 wont even power up.....so what Im saying they blow more then what people realize.

So, what should I do?

SG

FLCADDYADVISOR
06-11-07, 03:10 PM
So, what should I do?

SG

Take it to your local dealer and let them replace the fuse or just do it your self. On a 07 escalade the fuse block is on the left hand side of the engine. I believe on the 07 the fuse location is marked AUX. On the 02-06 it is marked as CIG LIGHTER.

GM-4-LIFE
06-11-07, 03:25 PM
Take it to your local dealer and let them replace the fuse or just do it your self. On a 07 escalade the fuse block is on the left hand side of the engine. I believe on the 07 the fuse location is marked AUX. On the 02-06 it is marked as CIG LIGHTER.

I can do that, but you mean to tell me that there is no fix for this issue? Our 2005 Escalade never had this problem and we had it for 30K miles and almost 2 years before selling it.

SG

FLCADDYADVISOR
06-12-07, 10:46 AM
No fix that I know of. Just watch what your using in there and it shouldnt blow.

GM-4-LIFE
06-12-07, 12:35 PM
No fix that I know of. Just watch what your using in there and it shouldnt blow.

That's the thing...everytime it has blown, nothing has been in the cigarette lighter. Nothing, so it doesn't make sense for it to blow without anything being plugged in.

SG

FLCADDYADVISOR
06-12-07, 01:06 PM
U should probably take it to your dealer and check to see if you have a short some where and make sure there isnt any metal objects in the socket example: coins. That will definitly make it blow the fuse.

GM-4-LIFE
06-12-07, 02:52 PM
U should probably take it to your dealer and check to see if you have a short some where and make sure there isnt any metal objects in the socket example: coins. That will definitly make it blow the fuse.

I have taken it to the dealer 3 times and the last time they were sure they fixed the short which was underneath the lighter itself, but it still has the problem. There is nothing there. I am sure the dealer would have found it the first 3 times.

SG

DanDan
06-12-07, 07:00 PM
What your saying does not make sense. How do you know the fuse is blown if nothing is plugged in? I doubt the fuse block is bad or even wiring. What I usually see all the time is cell phone chargers or the like causing the short. Like I said what or how did you know the fuse was blown if nothing was plugged in? Thanks,

DanDan

GM-4-LIFE
06-12-07, 08:17 PM
What your saying does not make sense. How do you know the fuse is blown if nothing is plugged in? I doubt the fuse block is bad or even wiring. What I usually see all the time is cell phone chargers or the like causing the short. Like I said what or how did you know the fuse was blown if nothing was plugged in? Thanks,

DanDan

Tried to use the Cigarette lighter. That would be the easiest way for testing it. We don't leave the cigarette lighter in the socket. We keep it in the center console so it is never in the socket just sitting there. When we do need it, we push the cigarette lighter in so it can get hot and always find that it is dead.

SG

8ball
06-12-07, 08:25 PM
Mine has blown about 6 times already, an '05. But I notice it only blows when I plug in an air pump or my lap top but found out the one in the console never blows so use that one now.

shrabber
06-24-07, 08:58 AM
Three repairs same problem the Dealer will own mine for sure....

rgramjet
06-24-07, 11:59 AM
I think in MD. if you take the vehicle in for the same thing 3x, it qualifies under the Lemon Law. Might make them serious about a permanent repair.

richardchristian
03-04-10, 03:09 PM
That's not suspicious. You test it with the cigarette lighter and it doesn't work. I have the same problem. I didn't use it, but just press the cigarette lighter into it to see if it's funcitoning and it doesn't

Why don't we just put a 20amp mini in the circuit and solve the problem!!!!

Explain why that would be a problem?

Explain why they use a small amp fuse? Explain who thinks that people only use those for cigarette lighting? Explain why Cadillac puts the other one intended for devices deep inside the console? Do they want us to wreck the car while trying to plug something in? What kind of idiotic design is this? It's supposed to be a 70k luxury car! Not a Subaru or some Cr$p.!!!