: Will They Rub or Will They Blow...You Just Gotta Let Me Know...

Chef
06-03-07, 09:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1Gn0e7kvTA

All,

Looking at going 265/35/18 all they way around but want some input as to your thoughts. I have rubbed with the front 245's in the past during turn-ins to the point of cutting rubber. I have since then rolled the fenders as a remedy. I have thrashed the set up I have as of now with the staggered set up relative to the 275 rears.

In a week or so there will be more meat on the table in terms of hp with the 427 so I'm looking for a tire that will suffice both track and daily driving - (maybe 14-17 miles total a day max on the dd).

All of this will be coupled with new T2 race shocks and a few more customized Hotchkis sway enhancements so I'm also hoping for less roll during turn-ins. Have already Ground Control 600/650.

I'm leaning towards the Falken's as we speak and Hoosier's for strickly track after I secure more wheels.

Tires I like:

Slicks -

Hoosier R6
Yokahama Advan A048
BFG R1's

Street/Track Combo -

Falken RT 615 - will fit the 265's set up (some say they're smaller? is this true? compaerd to my now GS-D3's)
Nitto - NT-01 - no 265's
Nitto - NT- 555 - will fit the set up
Nitto - INVO's - no 265's
Toyo - RA-1's - no 265's
Hankook Ventus R-S2 (Z212) - will fit set up

Thanks for your feed...

Chef

The Tony Show
06-03-07, 09:55 PM
Will They Rub or Will They Blow?

Depends on how much you pay 'em!

:histeric: :lol: :rofl: :haha:

I'll be here all night, folks.

CIWS
06-03-07, 10:07 PM
You've rubbed 245/18s in the past in the front ?

Chef
06-03-07, 10:29 PM
You've rubbed 245/18s in the past in the front ?

Yes - lowered Ground Control with F2's in front only during track days.

I'll wait until the fla meet on OBT:thumbsup:

nikon
06-03-07, 10:36 PM

:histeric: :lol: :rofl: :haha:

I'll be here all night, folks.

:lol: :histeric:

CTSV_Rob
06-04-07, 01:26 AM
When I was talking with CaliCadi he tried 265's on a 19" rim and trahsed a front tire. The only way he could run those tires was to flare the front fenders and the shop he had do the flare job did a nice job.

calicadi
06-04-07, 04:11 AM
When I was talking with CaliCadi he tried 265's on a 19" rim and trahsed a front tire. The only way he could run those tires was to flare the front fenders and the shop he had do the flare job did a nice job.
Slight correction. Those were 18's and 40 series tires, and they still rubbed on the GC lowered suspension.

calicadi
06-04-07, 04:14 AM
One other thing Chef... are you paranoid about load ratings? You may be hard-pressed to find slicks rated for our weight. I think the BFG R1' are 87's. Tire Rack recommends something likes no less than 92 for a 3700 lbs car.

Chef
06-04-07, 12:41 PM
One other thing Chef... are you paranoid about load ratings? You may be hard-pressed to find slicks rated for our weight. I think the BFG R1' are 87's. Tire Rack recommends something likes no less than 92 for a 3700 lbs car (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#).

Copy that - thanks.

I haven't rubbed yet on the 275 rears just with the fronts. All this weight with high speed turn-ins are tough on the brakes and suspension too.

JMBCTSV
06-04-07, 12:54 PM
Our race car is not lowered, but we run 275 Hoosier A6 on all 4 corners with 9.5" wide wheels without rub. For the wheel specs call John Purner of CCW. The only slick construction that will be good for a car with 2 degrees or less of camber willbe the Hoosiers because of their tapered shoulder design.

04CTSVFLA
06-04-07, 02:40 PM
fla obt?

CTSV_Rob
06-04-07, 03:04 PM
Slight correction. Those were 18's and 40 series tires, and they still rubbed on the GC lowered suspension.
Sorry for the mis-quote, thank you for the correction.

Chef
06-04-07, 08:08 PM
fla obt?

Orange Blossom Trail

Our race car is not lowered, but we run 275 Hoosier A6 on all 4 corners with 9.5" wide wheels without rub. For the wheel specs call John Purner of CCW. The only slick construction that will be good for a car with 2 degrees or less of camber willbe the Hoosiers because of their tapered shoulder design.

Thanks John. Hoosiers for sure on the track or Toyo RA-1's shaved a bit with a few heat cycles.

Chef

ronr
06-05-07, 11:15 AM
a few more customized Hotchkis sway enhancements

Chef

What have you done/are you doing with the sways? I was thinking of modifying the mounting points for the brackets to move them farther forward which should improve the angle of the Z06 end links and give more clearance for the shocks (my FG2's have a mark where the sway has tagged them)

Chef
06-05-07, 01:05 PM
That's it Ronr plus welding a few spots:thumbsup:

ronr
06-05-07, 04:10 PM
That's it Ronr plus welding a few spots:thumbsup:

Do you have any pic's of your relocation and how far forward you moved the bar? I was planning on welding an extension onto the stock mounting location to move it about an inch or inch and a half forward.