: Need Tire Suggestions

Yaemish
06-03-07, 06:10 PM
I've got the AWD N* SRX. Its time for new tires. I live in Upstate NY and we ge this shit they call snow. I wasn't impressed with the Michelins that came on it. My Seville with snow tires and front wheel drive did better than the SRX because of those tires. Can someone suggest a nice all-season for the car? I will be driving them year round.

CaddyinKC
06-03-07, 08:23 PM
What size are your stock tires? And are you wanting to stay with the stock size?

Northern SRX
06-04-07, 05:03 AM
I'm presuming you have the 18" standard V8 staggered set up. If so, the only decent snow performing allseason to fit the stock wheels is the Nokian WR -you'll have to do some research to find a local dealer.

I have WRs on a winter set of wheels and keep the stock Michelins for the summer. And I did exactly for the reason you mention - my wife's '00 Bonneville with all seasons was as good if not better than the SRX's stock Michelins in the cold white stuff.

Also, search in this forum - there have been many threads with this question - although few in June...

TSS
06-04-07, 08:21 AM
[QUOTE=Yaemish;1103130]I've got the AWD N* SRX. My Seville with snow tires and front wheel drive did better than the SRX because of those tires. /QUOTE]

Totally agree - I have the very same vehicles as you (06 SRX v-8 AWD/01 Seville SLS)

Smokin' SRX
06-06-07, 09:45 AM
I've got the AWD N* SRX. Its time for new tires. I live in Upstate NY and we ge this shit they call snow. I wasn't impressed with the Michelins that came on it. My Seville with snow tires and front wheel drive did better than the SRX because of those tires. Can someone suggest a nice all-season for the car? I will be driving them year round.

GET : DUNLAP SP 5000 Symetricals, in 255/55-18 (or whatever the stock, rear, fatter size is!) I did 5 months ago!! LOVE them and I w/ all 4 tires same size........now can rotate!! Seems Caddy did the staggered thing w/ smaller tires up front, just to help eliminate rear swing out, under very agressive driving. Don't need it! Good all-weather tread and truck handles/ rides softer! It is a slightly lower speed rating of "H". So I can only do 130 MPH instead of the factory 149MPH!:crybaby:

Paid $ 167 each, installed, balanced, aligned at 4 corners, plus taxes! Mavis.com or a local Mavis Tire can get! BYE BYE French , overpriced rubber! Enjoy.