: Major problems with 2007 Escalade???

za kayf
06-03-07, 04:45 PM
:( Since 2007 is the first model year for Escalade's new body, does anyone have major problems with their Escalade?
Do you know any Lemon cases with 2007 model? Thanks

Playdrv4me
06-03-07, 08:01 PM
Every manufacturer has growing pains with their first year models. If youre asking whether the 07's are perfect, no they are not, no model year of anything ever really is.

One guy here had his engine replaced on of his 07's, several others had problems with the motorized steps and wind noise getting into the cabin, and others had various other problems. Overall most all of these problems have been resolved by now (the 07 has been out since early 2006).

If you are concerned about first year quality, then buy an 08.

hcvone
06-04-07, 07:57 AM
As said above my second (newest) 07' blew up in my garage at 897 miles, they replaced the truck, since then no issues with either one. They can and should do better on the paint, lots of orange peel, but the new ones run and handle great

flsfurious
06-04-07, 11:39 PM
Yes, alot of orange peal on the black. I was like WOW

hcvone
06-05-07, 06:41 AM
All the colors have the orange peel problems, and it's not just a GM problem, I see a lot of new Porsche's with the problem too. You would hope that after spending 60k you would get a paint job that didn't look like someone painted it with a roller. :(

viper612
06-05-07, 09:02 PM
Wind noise, 4 trips to dealer, still wind noise.

I would wait and see how the 2008's sound before spending any money on an Escalade at this point.

FRISBEE
06-06-07, 12:24 AM
About 5k on miles and no problems so far, besides the wind noise but hell it's a SUV with about 8sq. ft. per door.

Krug Ford
06-08-07, 01:43 PM
The only problems I saw were some door wind noise and some tire sensors in the very beginning...

GM-4-LIFE
06-08-07, 02:26 PM
The only problems I saw were some door wind noise and some tire sensors in the very beginning...

What about the abundant problems with the power side running boards? I heard they had more of those problems than with anything else.

Shawn

MarkofSanRamon
06-08-07, 04:38 PM
What about the abundant problems with the power side running boards? I heard they had more of those problems than with anything else.

Didn't know that it was an option on the '07 -- is it? I don't have them. With 12k on my '07, all is fine except for the wind noise (still there even after dealer attempt to correct). :thumbsup:

GM-4-LIFE
06-09-07, 03:13 AM
Didn't know that it was an option on the '07 -- is it? I don't have them. With 12k on my '07, all is fine except for the wind noise (still there even after dealer attempt to correct). :thumbsup:

It is a $1095.00 factory option, but I am glad my 2007 Escalade has the stationary running boards. To me it looks better and I don't have to deal with another problem.

SG

Krug Ford
06-19-07, 12:21 AM
There has been some problems that dirt and ice make them short out of go bad. I have not seen any problems lately but in my opinion if you get all the nasty ice and snow. I would stay away from them.. Not worth the hassle.

cardio-doc
06-19-07, 03:23 PM
Picked up my '07 EXT last week - build date 4/07. No problems with wind noise but picked up during a hell of a Florida storm. I didn't care since I was driving straight to a custom shop for some work. But in the (soaking) rain it began to leak at the driver's door window - this on my Brand-NEW truck with just 20 miles on it (sigh). Had the minor custom work done and went by there a few days later - had at it with a hose and found the leak in the very first seam above the glass - some type of frame. Brought it back to the dealer who replaced an entire assembly including the frame of the door (window area). Decent workmanship but....the inside door handle had some slop in it now (sigh). Tech wasn't happy to see my complaint, said it was 'in spec'. Uh, ok. I'm in the biz and had a trim guy look at it. Together we removed the door panel and saw the cable action and barrel end that attaches to the inside of the handle. Added a washer at the appropriate location and VOILA! Handle is nice and tight.

I have a Black/Black truck and don't like the cream headliner and ceiling trim, so off to a custom shop for a Black UltraSuede headliner. Also don't like the steering wheel and am having it redone as-well.

Complaints? Sure sounds like it, I know. But I really like the way it drives and am looking forward to a long enjoyable relationship with this truck. Just grateful I have another 10 days left on my (old) EXT lease!

~Doc

ourcaddy
06-19-07, 11:37 PM
Picked up my '07 EXT last week - build date 4/07. No problems with wind noise but picked up during a hell of a Florida storm. I didn't care since I was driving straight to a custom shop for some work. But in the (soaking) rain it began to leak at the driver's door window - this on my Brand-NEW truck with just 20 miles on it (sigh). Had the minor custom work done and went by there a few days later - had at it with a hose and found the leak in the very first seam above the glass - some type of frame. Brought it back to the dealer who replaced an entire assembly including the frame of the door (window area). Decent workmanship but....the inside door handle had some slop in it now (sigh). Tech wasn't happy to see my complaint, said it was 'in spec'. Uh, ok. I'm in the biz and had a trim guy look at it. Together we removed the door panel and saw the cable action and barrel end that attaches to the inside of the handle. Added a washer at the appropriate location and VOILA! Handle is nice and tight.

I have a Black/Black truck and don't like the cream headliner and ceiling trim, so off to a custom shop for a Black UltraSuede headliner. Also don't like the steering wheel and am having it redone as-well.

Complaints? Sure sounds like it, I know. But I really like the way it drives and am looking forward to a long enjoyable relationship with this truck. Just grateful I have another 10 days left on my (old) EXT lease!

~Doc

care to share pics after your custom work?

jamesswartz
06-20-07, 07:21 AM
I've had several fit and finish problems with my '07 sport - a large gap between the dash panel and the aluminum trim right above the clock, another gap I've just noticed by the plastic trim on the console next to the passenger seat, several issues with the 22's (new design), and of course the odd waviness in the body panels. Luckily no problems with the retractable running boards....yet. This is my third new car I've purchased and it seems the Cadillac brand is behind Toyota and BMW in this arena.

cardio-doc
06-20-07, 11:29 AM
Emblems removed (writing, not Cadillac Wreath and Crest), installing GM/Cadillac Black grill, Black UltraSuede headliner and all trim currently cream color (from window base up), custom FORGED (lightweight) Lorenzo 22's on Goodyears - Black with a special deep chrome lip, roof bows removed, trailer hitch removed (it's an EXT), custom steering wheel (Black wood without that annoying plastic insert on the rim), McCaughy's 2/3 drop, tint, Blacked-out taillights and CHMSL.

Send me a reminder in 3 weeks - everything should be done by then and I'll snap some pix.

Thank-you for your interest,

~Doc

care to share pics after your custom work?

jaycough
06-23-07, 03:28 PM
how sucessful is your dealership in resolving wind noise and mirror vibration?

cbloveday
12-13-07, 10:48 AM
the only problem I have had is the rear passenger door has a plastic piece around the window. for some reason , it cracked. it was very hard to notice. warranty covered it.

1SICKESV
12-13-07, 11:09 AM
I have (2) 07 Escalades ones has about 25,000 miles and the other about 28,000. I've only had an issue with one. My ESV has wind noise in the rear passenger door. Which doesn't really bother me because i drive around with my music loud anyways. The noise is only at highway speeds. So other than that no major problems.

TSS
12-13-07, 01:19 PM
Had my 07 for about 6 months now (4900 miles). Very reliable. Only issue was a rain sensing wiper sensor that needed to be replaced under warrantee.

Palomar9
12-13-07, 02:31 PM
My 07 is about 8 months old now with 8K on it. No major problems so far but a number of minor defects. Voice recognition on the NAV system was very poor; the right middle row seat would not fold down using the power switch; and the power lift gate quit working. The dealer had the vehicle for 13 days to fix all this under warranty. I got the impression that the tech staff was not up to speed on the new Escalade body, but they loaned me a new DTS to ease the pain.

I could complain about the orange peel paint. Jeez, my 97 Blazer had better paint. The chrome on the 22's is bad - all full of particles and rough spots. I got them to replace the worst rim but factory rep would not approve all 4. The hammer-on external weights really look stupid! Can't believe they're doing that. Ruins the look!

I occasionally get a little wind noise from the right front door at freeway speeds. The inner weather strip at the top of the door is not tight against the body. It's OK thru the car wash so I can probably live with it, but will have the dealer take a look next time I'm in.

The NAV system was driving me nuts with a constant noise coming from the map disk. I made a copy of the disk and the copy runs quiet. Soooooooooo happy I got that fixed!

Otherwise everything else works fine. I towed a boat (appx 5000 lb) all over the SW this past summer in 115 degree heat. No problems at all. Often forgot the boat was back there. The engine is tremendous. Scares the wife to death when I stomp it out. Transmission is silky smooth. I love the cooled seats and rain-activated wipers. I REALLY love the headlights!! My father says this NAV system is better than his brand new 545 beamer. Works well for me most of the time. Yeah, occasional bug shows up in directions, no big deal, but the address entry lockout is truly annoying. The backup camera works great and is actually a necessity on these vehicles.

I have no interest in 5000 watts of rap or heavy metal, so the stock stereo is quite good in my opinion - very clean with good surround. I actually prefer the car now to my living room system. When I get a new CD, I'll go sit in the garage for an hour with it. Also enjoying variety and quality of XM radio. The grandkids love the backseat video on long trips - really keeps em quiet!

All in all, the wife and I are both happy with the car. Of course, that would be $66K worth of happy. This is my first Cad (dark blue/cashmere). Mostly Chev up to now. The Lade sure gets a lot of attention. Strangers walk up to me in parking lots to ask about it. I've let a few sit in the driver seat and they really appreciate the view!

TSS
12-13-07, 04:08 PM
I've let a few sit in the driver seat and they really appreciate the view!

You get out first, right?

Palomar9
12-13-07, 05:21 PM
You get out first, right?

Yeah, I give em the key and say I'll wait right here....

No seriously. It's mostly been people who work in my building but I've never actually met them. I'm not completely crazy.

baskalade
12-15-07, 07:35 PM
late model 07. just rolled 6k miles. no problems so far! :)... although sometimes it clunks when shifting from park to drive, etc.... Kinda scarred that the transmission will be failing somewhat early! :(

Cadillacboy
12-15-07, 07:42 PM
late model 07. just rolled 6k miles. no problems so far! :)... although sometimes it clunks when shifting from park to drive, etc.... Kinda scarred that the transmission will be failing somewhat early! :(

If it were my car, I would hit the dealer for that .I don't think it is normal considerin I had '03 'lade w/o such clunkin noise so are other cars .

Dif
12-15-07, 07:46 PM
If not mistaken the clunk is from rear differential back lash and not the Trans itself.
Check with your dealer for updates that will correct that.
Had it done to mine and no more clunk.