: Central Fl meet

lonestranger
06-02-07, 12:30 PM
Would like to know if any interest in a West FL Gathering of the V's? (Tampa Bay area in general - but all invited!!) Could meet at any one of several watering holes or POI. (Eg: The Suncoast Offshore Races - july 4, or Mel's Dinner in Bradenton for a show and go. The "go" at Desoto Dragstrip in Bradenton.) Open to suggestions and dates. Could also just meet at Hooters - swap lies and drink beverage of choice:thumbsup: Inquiring minds want to know!!:bouncy:

theloanman219
06-02-07, 01:22 PM
why don't we have one here on fort myers beach at the hooters. That way some of the south eastern guys can come?

Gene

The Tony Show
06-02-07, 01:48 PM
I'm always up for meeting up with some of you guys for a beer or six. Pick a place and time and I'm there (if you're open to suggestions, the wife is out of town until next Monday, so the 8th, 9th or 10th would be great!)

04CTSVFLA
06-02-07, 03:13 PM
i think the point here is to try and get us northern guys together. All the V meets have been down south so far...your not going to make us drive 6 hours for ever V meet are you? Plus the weather down there sucks ass for racing all the time. Humid wet stink going into my motor.

The Tony Show
06-02-07, 03:21 PM
i think the point here is to try and get us northern guys together. All the V meets have been down south so far...your not going to make us drive 6 hours for ever V meet are you? Plus the weather down there sucks ass for racing all the time. Humid wet stink going into my motor.

I think that the problem is that none of the Northern FL guys ever take the initiative to try and organize a meet like Lonestranger is. If someone takes the effort to organize something, the least we can do in return is have the event close to them.

04CTSVFLA
06-02-07, 03:27 PM
I was responding to the guy that wants the meet moved 2 hours further south...doh....tampa is right in the middle man./...dont know what ur talking about tony, but ok.

The Tony Show
06-02-07, 03:32 PM
I was responding to the guy that wants the meet moved 2 hours further south...doh....tampa is right in the middle man./...dont know what ur talking about tony, but ok.

Sorry - I didn't know to whom you were responding without a quote.

Chef
06-02-07, 04:10 PM
i think the point here is to try and get us northern guys together. All the V meets have been down south so far...your not going to make us drive 6 hours for ever V meet are you? Plus the weather down there sucks ass for racing all the time. Humid wet stink going into my motor

Perhaps they're doing it on purpose for "one" reason or not?:thumbsup:

lonestranger
06-02-07, 09:10 PM
In the spirit of compromise:rolleyes: we could always meet in Orlando at Race Rock Cafe. Thats relatively convenient for both North and South, East and West!! I don't know what else we could do there but eat, drink (our favorite beverages - remember):bouncy: and swap lies about our dyno numbers or how many Vipers we have whooped!!:stirpot: Of course it we pick the right Saturday, we can go down to Old Town in Kissimmee and join the big parade, don't ya know?? I just think it woud be fun to get together and to know how strange each of us actually looks!:eek: What ya think??

theloanman219
06-02-07, 09:34 PM
I was thinking old town myself. we might be taking a trip there next weekend. good call.

thebigjimsho
06-02-07, 09:42 PM
Why not have it at Ft Myers Shores or Olga? My old stomping grounds...

ylwjacket
06-02-07, 11:13 PM
or the original Hooters on Gulf-to-Bay Blvd in Clearwater, right at the end of the Courtney Campbell Causeway. been goin' there since high school.

thebigjimsho
06-02-07, 11:21 PM
or the original Hooters on Gulf-to-Bay Blvd in Clearwater, right at the end of the Courtney Campbell Causeway. been goin' there since high school.I drove by there once...once...

Boombotz
06-02-07, 11:31 PM
Just to let you know there is a meet planned in New Tampa by Tampa Palms on July 21. There is a thread in the meet section if any of yous want to venture out of the V section. :)
We just had one in Hudson, Fl at a beach bar on the water. Good times.

thebigjimsho
06-02-07, 11:33 PM
Just to let you know there is a meet planned in New Tampa by Tampa Palms on July 21. There is a thread in the meet section if any of yous want to venture out of the V section. :)
We just had one in Hudson, Fl at a beach bar on the water. Good times.Your grille looks like a bunch of shiny Chiclets...

whisler151
06-02-07, 11:48 PM
Your grille looks like a bunch of shiny Chiclets...

Oh chiclets...great times in Mexico!

type911
06-02-07, 11:55 PM
How are your rides making out with all them love bugs?

Boombotz
06-03-07, 12:54 AM
How are your rides making out with all them love bugs?
The love bugs have been bad this year on the west coast of Fl. My Lade only goes out on the weekends. I have a second vehicle to take the abuse. Hopefully you V guys do the same.

lonestranger
06-03-07, 09:05 AM
Biggest problem in having a joint meet with the Escalade group is whether to bring my V, or the wife's Lade - don't ya know:bigroll:

Chef
06-03-07, 04:12 PM
or the original Hooters on Gulf-to-Bay Blvd in Clearwater, right at the end of the Courtney Campbell Causeway. been goin' there since high school.

Know it well...Plant High, Tampa....Lived on Davis Island....:thumbsup:

http://hooters.know-where.com/hooters/cgi/site?site=001

rand49er
06-03-07, 05:08 PM
... to know how strange each of us actually looks!:eek: ...You're inviting ctsvflorida then, I presume.

(Sorry, Brian, couldn't resist. :histeric:)

ylwjacket
06-04-07, 12:29 AM
Know it well...Plant High, Tampa....Lived on Davis Island....:thumbsup:

http://hooters.know-where.com/hooters/cgi/site?site=001

My wife is a Plant grad. I grew up on the casual side of the bay. :thumbsup:

lonestranger
06-04-07, 08:08 AM
We're an "equal opportunity" inviter - don't ya know!:bouncy: We would even invite someone with a Viper or a Vette!:stirpot: .

nikon
06-04-07, 09:30 AM
I'd be in for orlando, or even ft myers, bout the same for me...I at least know the orlando area a little bit...could be fun.

The Tony Show
06-04-07, 10:00 AM
So with no real progress made yet, I'll go ahead and throw out a firm plan:

Orlando Airport Hooters. It's in the middle, and close to all the major highways, so no real navigational skills required to find it. Here's a map:

http://hooters.know-where.com/hooters/cgi/site?site=299&address=&design=default&lang=en&mapid=US

Sunday, June 10th at 2:00 we meet up- beer, lies and boobies ensue. Then we caravan over to Downtown Orlando and impress everyone who happens to see us on the way to Rocky's Replay, whereupon I will kick everyone's ass at a variety of arcade games.

Savvy?

nikon
06-04-07, 10:53 AM
Oh your going down on the video games...... me>you ....ha...sounds like a wiener though, who else is going?

The Tony Show
06-04-07, 11:08 AM
me>you

Bring it. :D

thebigjimsho
06-04-07, 02:21 PM
Oh your going down on the video games......Wouldn't you rather be going down on the Hooters girls? Or, have them...nevermind.

The Tony Show
06-05-07, 12:41 PM
Okay Florida people- We've moved to a more central location so it's fair to everyone, so let's step up and confirm that you're coming.

Nikon seems cool and all, but two dudes meeting up alone does not look too good. Let's get 10 or 12 people coming- where's everybody at?

thebigjimsho
06-05-07, 01:18 PM
...where's everybody at?Massachusetts! Wazzup?

The Tony Show
06-05-07, 01:31 PM
Better start driving now, Jim.... :D

thebigjimsho
06-05-07, 01:54 PM
Better start driving now, Jim.... :DPlease! 20 hours is more than enough time.

The Tony Show
06-05-07, 02:32 PM
Urb or Heavy- Can you please change the title of this thread to Central Florida meet up to perhaps get more views from people thinking it's still on the west coast?

Thanks.

theloanman219
06-05-07, 09:38 PM
Tony I suppose to have company for dinner but.... it is not set in stone just yet. We are taking a trip to old town sat night. If you want to get together there that would be cool. Im not sure if im taking the V yet. I will keep you posted.

Gene

The Tony Show
06-05-07, 09:41 PM
Cool. The wife's out of town with my Son until Monday, so any chance I get to take the V out on the road is great.

theloanman219
06-05-07, 09:49 PM
I will have my son and wife with me. We travel together as a family on all small road trips. I hope some other owners are bringing their spouses.

Boombotz
06-06-07, 12:05 AM
Urb or Heavy- Can you please change the title of this thread to Central Florida meet up to perhaps get more views from people thinking it's still on the west coast?

Thanks.
Got you covered

The Tony Show
06-06-07, 12:17 AM
Thanks!

Looks like everyone whining about not coming to meets because they're too far South needs to come up with a new excuse. :D

lonestranger
06-06-07, 04:52 PM
I feel like a heel, after starting all the discussion, but I can't get over to Orlando this weekend due to business commitments:eek: I will still try to make the "Lade" event later in the month. I had planned on trying for a July event don't ya know?:rolleyes: Sorry, as I am looking forward to putting some faces with the names on the Forum:bouncy:

The Tony Show
06-06-07, 05:17 PM
No problem- gotta make it before you can spend it. :thumbsup:

The Tony Show
06-09-07, 11:28 AM
So.......anyone planning on doing anything this weekend?

theloanman219
06-09-07, 11:43 AM
I am going to old town tonight. we are staying over night. I would like to hook up before we leave tomorrow. call me on my cell.

239-265-4363
866-431-4363 toll free (rings to cell)

The Tony Show
06-09-07, 11:49 AM
Got it. You can delete the phone numbers now if you want.

See you there!

theloanman219
06-09-07, 02:21 PM
no I will leave them incase you misplace them. But I sent you a message last might letting you know that I am not bringing my car. I want to check out your. Maybe we can do lunch. Call me or e-mail me. I have my blackberry with me so I can get my e-mail.

Gene

theloanman219@comast.net

see ya soon.

The Tony Show
06-09-07, 03:25 PM
Hm..didn't get an email from you.

I play Golf with the Owner of my company every Sunday until about Noon, and I'm way up in Leesburg. If you wanted to get a drink or something tonight that'd be good, as I don't think I can get there in time for lunch tomorrow.

theloanman219
06-10-07, 08:17 PM
Im pissed that it didn't work out this time. The reason why you didn't hear from me is we had to leave ealy morning today. I tore a liggament in my leg last week and have been not well since. When I woke up this morning I couldn't even move. I knew you were on the golf coarse and didn't want to bother you on the coarse. We got home and I took my meds and well I just got up now at 8pm. I hate sleeping during the day but couldn't take the pain. The meds I have really knock me out. We do need to plan a meet. I say lets get together at the hooters in clearwater. Who wants to out it togehter?

Gene

The Tony Show
06-11-07, 12:59 AM
I figured something came up. It's cool, because I was bushed after getting beat down by the sun for 3 hours. Went home, took a nap, then went to see the family over in Orlando (Some kid in a Civic Si tried to race me at a light too- Ha!)

We'll set something up with a few more people soon.