: escalade bumper gap

cadillackidd
06-02-07, 12:34 AM
Can anyone tell me how to lift the bumper cover on my 03 ext so I won't have that gap between the body & the bumper cover?

Levand16
06-02-07, 09:49 AM
You need to keep a gap if your going to driver it daily. the body of the truck does move around a little bit on the frame, and since the bumper cover bolts to the bumper reinforcement which bolts to the frame, if they are too close to one another it could break something. If really what to bring it up more GM sells replacment bumper brackets that bolt to the frame. The old brackets would need to cut off (they are welded on now) then you need to drill holes for the new bracket. Test fit the bumper where you want it and mark your holes.

EDIT: This is for the front bumper cover. The rear can be moved in closer by enlarging the mounting holes, or making new brackets.

Pitbull14218
02-21-14, 11:15 PM
I feel like the bumper gaps look huge on our escalades compared to the newer cars in general! Would love to close the gap a bit!

the cadillac man
02-22-14, 11:59 AM
I feel like the bumper gaps look huge on our escalades compared to the newer cars in general! Would love to close the gap a bit!

Not a good idea the gap is there to prevent the bumper from hitting the body

I had mine get damaged and it caused slight body damage(aside what the side of the body got damaged) and it pushed in on the body cladding
I can only imagine how bad it would be if the bumper was closer