: '08 BMW M3 STATS...Hopefully GM can get it together

BigAndyZV
06-01-07, 03:58 PM
2008 BMW M3:
The inline six is gone...replaced by a 4.0 liter V8 producing 419 hp and 300lb- ft of torque. Redlines at 8400!! And they got rid of the SMG pos and now only offers in six speed standard. Looks impressive..from my own experience our stock V can take a stock M3...although mine is modded and ive pulled away significantly on every M3 encounter....I hope GM stays on top and really makes improvements to the upcoming V....One of the main reasons I went with the V and not the beemer M3 was bc our V's could smoke em. I really hope it stays that way.

ZEUSROTTY
06-01-07, 04:01 PM
Im sure it wont be a problem...

The Tony Show
06-01-07, 04:41 PM
A lightly modded current-gen V will smoke that- the 2009 will decimate it.

Don't worry. :)

Blackout
06-01-07, 05:00 PM
I've been reading up more and more on this new M3 and it sounds like it will be quite a car but I think the next gen CTS-V will be able to beat on it pretty good. The next gen CTS-V will have the current Z06's LS7 and will have 500+ hp according to insiders. But at the same time BMW and the M lineup have never really been worried about being the fastest straight line acceleration cars, they are more worried about being a better all around car and they always have them tuned for being track cars instead of 1/4 mile monsters. But either way it's always nice to see everybody building better and faster cars because it benefits us (the consumers) the most

rand49er
06-01-07, 05:27 PM
Heard a rumor today regarding the '09 CTS-V. My source is certainly connected (as they say), but not sure just how well informed he is.

For what it's worth, he says "LS7" BUT -- and here's the rub -- it's not quite the same as the current Z06 powerplant. More like 460-ish hp with slightly skimpier internals.

Blackout
06-01-07, 05:53 PM
I'm not surprised. They have a history of doing this. Taking a Cadillac and using a Chevy engine but detuning it ie., the LT1 in the Fleetwoods and the LS6 from the Z06

Seattle CTS-V
06-01-07, 09:23 PM
The current Motortrend says the '09 CTS-V will have a 600hp supercharged LS7. The '09 ZO6 will get a 700hp version.

If that actually pans out I will be the first one to put in a deposit...though it will undoubtedly cost $80k.

Blackout
06-01-07, 09:29 PM
The current Motortrend says the '09 CTS-V will have a 600hp supercharged LS7. The '09 ZO6 will get a 700hp version.

If that actually pans out I will be the first one to put in a deposit...though it will undoubtedly cost $80k.The CTS-V won't have a supercharged LS7. The 700 hp Vette is that Blue Devil one and in a interview with a GM official the guy was saying that you probably won't be able to get your hands on one for under $150k

Adam
06-02-07, 12:43 PM
The CTS-V won't have a supercharged LS7. The 700 hp Vette is that Blue Devil one and in a interview with a GM official the guy was saying that you probably won't be able to get your hands on one for under $150k

Page 18 of the new Motor Trend is claiming the next gen CTS-V is going to have a 600hp blown LS7. Reference the 09 CTS-V thread in the V section.

mocts
06-02-07, 02:23 PM
not much torque and thats where the cts-v beats it. also it needs to get to 8400rpm to get all the power while the cts-v doesnt

atdeneve
06-04-07, 11:42 AM
I'm not surprised. They have a history of doing this. Taking a Cadillac and using a Chevy engine but detuning it ie., the LT1 in the Fleetwoods and the LS6 from the Z06

The LS6 in the V is identical to that of the Z06, save for some changes to the accessory drive due to packaging reasons and, of course, the intake tube (straight vs. bent). No internals were changed.

Blackout
06-09-07, 10:10 PM
The LS6 in the V is identical to that of the Z06, save for some changes to the accessory drive due to packaging reasons and, of course, the intake tube (straight vs. bent). No internals were changed.
The CTS-V has slightly less hp and tq compared to the Z06 but nothing huge

thebigjimsho
06-10-07, 04:06 PM
The CTS-V has slightly less hp and tq compared to the Z06 but nothing hugeThe V's hp has been fairly close to what's advertised. The Z06 usually has been conservatively rated...